2012 owners Post your MPG's - Page 77 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #761
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFocusSE5 View Post
Speeding ticket = hundreds of dollars.
Agreed. My first (and hopefully last) speeding ticket was $263.50 - and that's not counting the safe driving / steer clear discount being dropped from my insurance. Generally speaking, if I'm driving slower than everyone (e.g. 65mph in a 55mph zone in Illinois) I'll be in the right lane. If I'm driving faster than everyone (e.g. 70mph in a 65mph zone in Wisconsin) then I'll be in the left lane. Unless of course there aren't many cars, then I'll move over to the right again... because the left lane IS a passing lane...

I guess what I'm trying to say is: If you're not going to pay for my speeding ticket, then get off my ass.

EDIT: On the topic of MPGs, my gas mileage took a nosedive since I switched back to my summer tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #762
BlueFocusSE5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97166
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 BlueFocusSE5 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
As it's pretty hard to fill the tank to the same level of fullness each time, my bet is that the mpg monitor is more accurate for a single tank than a hand calculation. Over a series of fill-ups the two should be pretty close, as they are in your experience so far.
I fill my tank to the brim every time. I can see it. Easy and this makes the fuel economy calculations very accurate. :)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #763
1NiceHarley
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96971
What I Drive: 2012, Sterling Gray, S 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 1NiceHarley Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRose View Post
Really? Are you sure? I have an SE without the fancy LCD screen, but I still have an average MPG readout available between the tac and the speedo. Does the S model lack any screen between the two gauges?
The S has a screen but it doesn't give anything except odometer, trip and outside temp.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #764
BarryL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91128
What I Drive: 2012, Oxford White S model sedan

FF Reputation: 1 BarryL Good Standing Member
Just filled up again, 27.7. still not trying to conserve, and flooring it a lot.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #765
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
1800 miles in, I can't seem to rise much above 32 mpg, mostly highway driving. Not sure why.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #766
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
If you always fill up at the same station at the same pump, with the car in the same orientation I imagine you would come very close. Most people don't do that, and in our cars 1/3 of a gallon difference can lead to a distortion of 1 mpg or more.

My point is that hand calculations of mileage on a single tank probably aren't as accurate as the mpg display on the dash. Of course, hand-calculated mpg over a series of fillips would give a more accurate answer.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #767
jpolk84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97415
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE w/ Sport Package 5-sp

FF Reputation: 1 jpolk84 Good Standing Member
I'm at 29 ave. per the computer. I don't think I'm quite getting that, though. I'm only 436mi in. I'm not sure what the mileage was when they filled. I'll be filling for the first time probably tonight. I have 53mi left on the tank so it's time!

Who's running a manual and what are you getting?
Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #768
airboss1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97559
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue se

FF Reputation: 1 airboss1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by damianinpa View Post
All,
I test drove a 2012 Focus SE this weekend. I liked it alot, but, am still comparing (Cruze Eco is nice too). If anyone owns one, please post Real world gas mileage. I like the thought of the stick shift at 26/36 on the SE, but, the SEL has alot more options. This may force me to go with Auto at 27/37 (US Model). I'm hoping real world does get in the mid 30's. I know they just hit the lots, but, hoping some users have some miles on them!
Damianinpa, Just took ownership of a 2012 se sedan, sonic blue....just love it so far. I also considered a (chevy cruze) but found it very under powered and the seat's to me sat hard. The gas mileage, Im waiting until I've went through two tanks of gas and then performing the old school method.....the math. What's bad is I live in Wisconsin where we have reformulated Gas which sucks as far as Gas mileage goes.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #769
lkfloyd
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97517
What I Drive: 2012 silver se

FF Reputation: 1 lkfloyd Good Standing Member
Not happy.......yet

2012 SE, auto.......I can't break 30 MPG!!!!! I have driven around 800 miles, filled up 3 times, average is.....29.6 MPG figured the old fashioned way. I do NOT drive fast.I average 65 mph on the highway. I wasn't expecting 40 mpg, but the mid 30s would be nice. NOT a happy camper here
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #770
PrideSax711
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97050
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 PrideSax711 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkfloyd View Post
2012 SE, auto.......I can't break 30 MPG!!!!! I have driven around 800 miles, filled up 3 times, average is.....29.6 MPG figured the old fashioned way. I do NOT drive fast.I average 65 mph on the highway. I wasn't expecting 40 mpg, but the mid 30s would be nice. NOT a happy camper here
Don't worry. Just give the engine some time to break in. MPG will improve as you drive it and you shouldn't have any problems getting into the mid to high 30s on the highway and high 20s in the city.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->