2012 owners Post your MPG's - Page 65 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #641
1NiceHarley
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96971
What I Drive: 2012, Sterling Gray, S 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 1NiceHarley Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hand Calculated. Mostly Highway around 65mph.
First tank 36.9
Second tank 34.9
So far happy! Hope after the motor is broke in, I'll see a little gain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #642
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NiceHarley View Post
Hand Calculated. Mostly Highway around 65mph.
First tank 36.9
Second tank 34.9
So far happy! Hope after the motor is broke in, I'll see a little gain.
You're only doin 65 on a Texas highway? Whoa! You must not be the most popular guy on the road there to say the least.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #643
Fringe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95955
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5DR Sport 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Fringe Good Standing Member
35 flat back and forth to work driving it easy. Thats about 9 miles of 55mph slight curves and fairly level. A couple of miles with 3 possible stop lights getting me and not idling in traffic long.

Add a couple of sidetrips and "heavier" traffic is seeing 34.6.

Will update as I drive it more. Car is 5 weeks old and I've managed to put 2600 miles on it because I love driving it :)
Old 03-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #644
BrApple
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95810
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 BrApple Good Standing Member
so far my overall average is 31.75 mpg. the highest has been 35.7 and the lowest was the first fill up after getting the car from the dealer at 27.75 mpg.
- 2k Contour SVT - #2137
- 12 Impreza 2.0i Premium - CVT
Old 03-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #645
Chaddz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96992
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 17 Chaddz3 Great Standing Member
I did a mileage test through Northeast Iowa and Western Wisconsin along the mississippi river this past weekend... Mostly 55-60 MPH with about 90 miles of 65-70 MPH... Anyone familiar with this area knows it has some monster hills (a few .5% and .6% grades)... On some of the hills it struggled a bit with the climb, but the handling through the twisties between Waukon, IA and Lansing, IA on State Hwy 9 was superb.. I LOVE THIS THING in the corners.

Overall... 290 Miles... and 6.1 gallons of 87 octane fuel... gave me an average of just under 46 MPG...

Mine is the 5 spd Manual...
Old 03-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #646
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
You guys, seeing your posted MPG and photos, either drive like grandmas when in traffic (with not much stop-and-go's) or 90% of the driving you're on highway for more than 40 miles a day, one way.
I don't envy you, though. I am more than happy with my MPG (50-50) with a hard traffic while in city (lots of stop-and-go's). And I don't baby it. I love to drive a car, and Focus is 8 HP shy my ex-car, and it performs great when pushed a bit harder. Here is my fuelly since I bought the car (except the first 3 fill-ups when I broke-in the DCT and I didn't gave a dam about fuel consumption):

P.S. I started once a thread about fuel consumption here : http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ghlight=fuelly
---------changed for--------------
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1
Old 03-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #647
drumr04
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 80216
What I Drive: '12 Sonic Blue Focus S 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 drumr04 Good Standing Member
I just filled up from 1/2 tank. This is the first time I've filled it up so I don't think it would be perfect however I watched the lot tech take my car across the street to fill it up before I took delivery... 179 miles since delivery, took 5.02 gal to fill= ~35.6mpg. I work in downtown Cincy so lots of driving down there mixed with highway/freeway. No trips longer than about 30 miles yet. I'd be ecstatic if it stayed in the 35mpg range.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #648
Visioned
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93729
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Focus SE

FF Reputation: -1 Visioned Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Up to 32mpg with 90% city driving.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #649
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
You guys, seeing your posted MPG and photos, either drive like grandmas when in traffic (with not much stop-and-go's) or 90% of the driving you're on highway for more than 40 miles a day, one way.
I don't envy you, though. I am more than happy with my MPG (50-50) with a hard traffic while in city (lots of stop-and-go's). And I don't baby it. I love to drive a car, and Focus is 8 HP shy my ex-car, and it performs great when pushed a bit harder.
I'm getting about 33 now, but I do have stop and go at each end of my 22 mile (each way commute), and I'm never on the expressway so I have a light to stop at every mile or two on average. And I don't baby it either, frequently gunning it around slowpokes on 4-lane suburban roads and accelerating pretty briskly from lights. I'm CONSTANTLY frustrated by the slowpokes out there....

I think what saves my mileage is I have a couple of stretches of 3-4 miles each of uninterrupted 50mph speed. If I was able to do that my whole commute I'd probably be getting 45mpg. I also try to anticipate lights and coast as much as possible.

I took the advice of a poster (Rogerschro I think) early on who opined that these cars get as good or better mileage with brisk driving. I think the idea is you're getting up into the optiminum economy range sooner.

Overall I'm really impressed with the mileage given my non-expressway commute with lots of lights.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #650
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Average gas mileage has dropped from about 38mpg to 34mpg or so on account of me switching from my 15” LRR winter tires with aero hubcaps (stainless steel racing discs) back to my 18” summer tires with the big ole 5-spoke rims. -->Fuelly<--

I've also been driving with my windows and sunroof open.

Personally, 4mpg is totally worth the beauty and handling that comes with summer weather and the Ti wheels.

Bookmarks & Social Networks