2012 owners Post your MPG's - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #51
mech280
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85481
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mech280 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've had my SEL for a week now, drive 19 miles, 75/25 highway/city driving.
I've got a heavy foot and driving this car "spiritedly" I am still getting between 26 and 30mpg with only 350 miles on the car. It's better than the 17mpg I was getting out of my Chev Colorado and is heaps better drive and look at.

I've got a 1300 mile trip coming up next week which will be 98% highway driving. Should be a good test for the little hot hatch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #52
Macbot
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85374
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black S 5-speed

FF Reputation: 1 Macbot Good Standing Member
27 mpg

I am getting 27 on my 5-speed S. That's mostly short 4-6 mile trips up and down the main highway (with signals) near my house. Not really in-town, but not long enough to count as highway miles.

That's on 100% 87 octane gasoline, as I don't do ethanol.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #53
DJ2BIG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49192
What I Drive: 2012 Winter Frost SE

FF Reputation: -6 DJ2BIG Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I love this discussion but it still pisses me off that we don't get to buy the Euro Focus tdi that gets 59 MPG and its not a hybrid!!! Even though these are great numbers just know that we as consumers are getting screwed not by ford but by our government not letting ford sell us the higher MPG cars
Old 05-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #54
osuivan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85122
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 osuivan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2BIG View Post
I love this discussion but it still pisses me off that we don't get to buy the Euro Focus tdi that gets 59 MPG and its not a hybrid!!! Even though these are great numbers just know that we as consumers are getting screwed not by ford but by our government not letting ford sell us the higher MPG cars
You do know that they use a different gallon system in europe right?

1 Imperial gallon = 1.20095042 US gallons
Old 05-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #55
lampcord
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85224
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Kona Blue Metalic (soon)

FF Reputation: 1 lampcord Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuivan View Post
You do know that they use a different gallon system in europe right?

1 Imperial gallon = 1.20095042 US gallons
Even taking that into account, 59 mpg (EUROPE) => 50 (US) which is still 13 mpg better than our Focus.

Is our government really telling Ford they can't sell higher MPG cars here?
I find that very hard to believe but if true, it really sucks. I thought Obama was a greenie.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #56
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzdog View Post
For those w/ MFT, what kind of instant MPG display does it have? How useful do you find it?

2010 Fusion had 6 bars w/ increasing height - more bars = good.

Edge w/ MFT has a bar display along a scale, bar grows horizontally w/ increasing milage, also has a red line for average MPG superimposed on graph.
that's one of my few disappointments about the car, it doesn't have a instant readout in either bars, like my old fusion, or in numbers. that was a good coach to see where you were at, and showed you could tell if you were in a headwind or not.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #57
osuivan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85122

FF Reputation: 2 osuivan Good Standing Member
Actually I read on blue oval that there is a flower...

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...focus-ecomode/
"Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:14 PM
Figured it out... when you see the MPG readout, you left joystick to the right.

Has 2 flowers you can grow petals on... and you can also win a trophy which it displayed for great eco driving... heh, pretty neat. "
Old 05-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #58
IceJava
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85134

FF Reputation: 1 IceJava Good Standing Member
Only just took possession of my Focus on Saturday, however I did do some testing.

Took a trip that was about 100km each way (62miles). On the way back, I reset everything with trip 2, then kept the speed around the speed limit of 100kmh (62mph). At first, the Fuel indicator came up at 8.5litres/100km, or about 27.5 US MPG. However every 3 seconds, it would drop by .1. So 8.4, then 8.3 etc.. It did this until it went down to 4.9, or about 47 US MPG. I was able to hold it there for about 5 minutes, but then after some large hills, it went up to 5.1, or about 46mpg.

I could not calculate by hand (still on the first tank), and the computer is probably a little optimistic, but considering the engine is very far from being broken in (only 300km on it right now), that is still not half bad.

Just for reference, Titanium Hatch w/ 18' summer tires and sport handling, regular 87 octane gas.

Have a long trip coming up which is about 550km each way. So will see what I can get.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #59
Jazzdog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79102
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy M5 Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Jazzdog Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampcord View Post
Even taking that into account, 59 mpg (EUROPE) => 50 (US) which is still 13 mpg better than our Focus.

Is our government really telling Ford they can't sell higher MPG cars here?
I find that very hard to believe but if true, it really sucks. I thought Obama was a greenie.
It's not a matter of MPGs, it's about emissions. Diesels require urea injection systems in the aftertreatment to meet emissions requirements driven by folks on the west coast . Basically a chemical plant underneath the vehicle. Next time you are in a dealership take a peak undneath a Superduty w/ a diesel engine
Old 05-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #60
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2BIG View Post
Not withstanding the imperial gallon conversion, I would have liked the choice of having the 1.6L TDCi. That said, I still wouldn't have gotten it. IIRC, that particular Focus/engine would have it's hat handed to it by Yaris' and Fits all day long. That can't make for easy passing or highway merging. I don't think gas prices are high enough yet, for enough folks to swallow that pill. I think the fact we're getting the Focus such it is, is a fantastic start. However, baby steps...

Bookmarks & Social Networks