2012 owners Post your MPG's - Page 51 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #501
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My latest tank was good for 35.29 MPG. Currently my overall average stands at 32.48 MPG. I stopped and filled up with straight gas this morning. I'll know for sure if it was worth the extra 20 cents per gallon expense in about two weeks.

2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE 5spd w/ Sport and Winter pkgs.

Last edited by DougC; 10-14-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #502
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
my dealer brimmed my tank full when i took my car home yesterday and drove it around all evening, pretty happy to not dip below 30.. got up to 36, but again for a short evening first time having it on the open road...leaps and bounds ahead of my 2001 focus a traded in
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 10-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #503
ABFORDGUY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89202
What I Drive: '90 Miata wife has the 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 2 ABFORDGUY Good Standing Member
I was getting close to 35MPG on a mix of in town and highway. After my breakdown and PCM reprogram, I really struggle to get 27.. this is not good
Old 10-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #504
SimonSellsAustin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90594
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE hatch.

FF Reputation: 2 SimonSellsAustin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottage View Post
Filled the tank and reset the mpg on my way home this afternoon. I was getting 47 mpg on the expressway! I was tempted to keep on driving past my exit to see how high I could get it. I was driving about 60 mph. Dropped down to 41 mpg once I was on the sidestreets.
My 2012 SE really likes to go 47mph and 63 mph. When I drive those two speeds on cruise control I get beyond 42mpg. If traveling Over and under those two speeds I see a decrease in mpg. I'm still breaking the car in and I try to not mess with steady rpms right now but that's what I've found.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #505
TdK71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85480
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Blue Candy Metallic Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TdK71 Good Standing Member
I own page 43!!

Last edited by TdK71; 10-14-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: page ownage
Old 10-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #506
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSellsAustin View Post
My 2012 SE really likes to go 47mph and 63 mph. When I drive those two speeds on cruise control I get beyond 42mpg.
Funny - that's what I set my cruise control to!

Last edited by PratoN; 10-14-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #507
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
I got around 34MPG on about 75 percent highway!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #508
GapBoyPCS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54
What I Drive: 2002 ZTS | 2012 SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 GapBoyPCS Good Standing Member
I'm averaging about 33.5 to 34 MPG (or 6.8L/100 km to 7L/100 km) -- about 80% highway driving with a lot of traffic.
Over 3,000 km in just under a month too.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #509
snakebit
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90117
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 snakebit Good Standing Member
I read a few pages of this thread back when the wife was considering picking up a nice white SEL. Frankly, I never really believe the highest claims and I usually think the lowest claims are due to a malfunctioning auto or an owner in denial of their lead footed tendencies.

Regardless, she now owns a new Focus. But she ended up with a Titanium, in YELLOW BLAZE no less, and I figured I would find out for sure what the real world mpg of this new car model is.

So finally I got to drive the car myself. We decided to take the new ride on a road trip this weekend to San Antonio. I filled her up with Shell Premium and zeroed out the mpg computer calculator for "Trip 1". Set her on cruise control at 70mph. There was very light traffic on IH10 for about 180 miles and I was able to drive the entire stretch without touching the brakes or accelarator. (What a grand cruise control setup! Punch in + or - 1mph increments.)

She was reading 35.8 mph when we arrived in San Antonio.

Frankly, I was very skeptical of the readout. Car has less than 2000 miles. Not broken in. Still running OEM Dino oil. Plus the Titanium has fat\wide tires. No way it was getting 35.8. Sadly, I had not zeroed out the trip mileage counter, so I couldn't do a manual calculation at the pump.

We returned home tonight. So I filled up in San Antonio and reset both the mpg and the trip mileage counters. The return trip had more traffic, so I ended up at 35.1 mpg on the computer when we arrived home. Also, this included some city driving before I stopped to fill up and do a manual mpg check.

Imagine my surprise when my manual calc was 35.08! That is about as close to 35.1 as you can get! So this amazing car really WAS getting 35+ mpg???

I'm stunned. That would mean that it is very likely it WILL get 38mpg after she is broken in AND running synthetic. At 70mph?

The world is changing. You no longer have to suffer a tin box void of creature comforts and a bit of luxury to squeeze out a decent fuel rating. Instead you can sit in a richly appointed Titanium Focus, built in AMERICA, and cross the country having your fancy tickled.......all while sqeezing every drop of petrol for all its worth!

Bravo Ford!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #510
crazy_man
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86418
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Hatch - Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 1 crazy_man Good Standing Member
I'm just at 8000 miles today.

For the last month or so I've been getting an average of 37 on my commute. It's mostly two lane, not a lot of stops. I do notice that in the afternoon, with more traffic, my average goes down towards 35.

Some trips of more than 50 miles on the highway have given 37-40 depending on speed.

Overall, I'm am pleased with the mileage this car gets.

Bookmarks & Social Networks