2012 owners Post your MPG's - Page 27 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #261
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
also, folks, don't forget that for those of us forced to buy gas w/ ethanol in it our mileage will be reduced by 5/6% over straight gasoline.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #262
TMOTEE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85924
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 1 TMOTEE Good Standing Member
On my 4th tank since picking up my new 2012 March 26. 1300 miles so far. Tanks 1-3 were Shell 87 and I was averaging approx 34 mpg. I let the tank get almost empty and filled up last tank with Shell V Power 93. Immediately got on highway for 60 mi drive and hit 41 mpg. After a few days of mixed driving 50/50 I am at 37.1 so pretty good. I plan to use the Shell V Power 93 from now on and will see if the mileage holds up. Transmission seems to be smoother as well but that could be my imagination.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #263
bojanglesowner07252
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86092
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black focus S

FF Reputation: 1 bojanglesowner07252 Good Standing Member
my first tank i averaged 31 mpg and i was honestly very happy cause i went from a 05 mustang gt averaging 17. My second tank averaged 33.5 and my last tank averaged 38. I do about 55% city and 45% hwy. hand calculated since i only have s model. no cruise control and no computer telling me my average.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #264
EddieWinslow
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86598
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 EddieWinslow Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOTEE View Post
On my 4th tank since picking up my new 2012 March 26. 1300 miles so far. Tanks 1-3 were Shell 87 and I was averaging approx 34 mpg. I let the tank get almost empty and filled up last tank with Shell V Power 93. Immediately got on highway for 60 mi drive and hit 41 mpg. After a few days of mixed driving 50/50 I am at 37.1 so pretty good. I plan to use the Shell V Power 93 from now on and will see if the mileage holds up. Transmission seems to be smoother as well but that could be my imagination.

[IMG][/IMG]
I have yet to fill up with premium. People keep saying its making a difference

has anyone tried just using a octane booster?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #265
kimcrwbr1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86052
What I Drive: 2012 silver focus se hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 kimcrwbr1 Good Standing Member
I didnt see but a couple mpg difference or any power/performance improvment to justify using 30 cent higher fuel and I just turned 6k on the odometer. Exxon turned the lowest number mpg, 87 octane without corn works just fine just go light on the foot feed and you should see 35 to 38 mpg combo driving. Shifting manual keep it between 2000 and 2500 rpm and you wont have to press the foot feed down very far.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #266
snake420
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85194
What I Drive: 2012 Focus TUXBLK SE 5MT

Points 334, Level 6
Points: 334, Level: 6 Points: 334, Level: 6 Points: 334, Level: 6
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 snake420 Good Standing Member
SE HB 5MT w/ winter pkg and 17in wheels (higher unsprung weight?)

I've been bouncing between 30 and 31.6 mpg on average in my commute; sometimes hitting 32. So I'm getting about right on the EPA's mark, and I'm a manual transmission novice.

First I start out going through a residential development making sure to hit every stop sign for good practice. Then move to a small town area with lights, stop signs and a few hills; with lights and stops at the top of said hills!. Afterwords moving into some fun and very hilly back roads with a fair amount of stop signs. And finally back into a town section to my job.

I work it up to 5th in most situations and try to maintain momentum so as that the car is potentially never actually "climbing". 1st & 2nd I rev probably more than I should or need to, but it feels smoother; and all the other gears before 2K if possible. The shift light seems to want you to have very leisurely starts. On the way home I usually do better as my job is at a moderately higher elevation than were I live.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:13 AM   #267
r56curt
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86341
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 r56curt Good Standing Member
I have driven the Focus a total of 1080 miles in the last couple of weeks and am averaging 31.8 mpg on this tank of gas. Most of those miles are highway miles (80%) but I have been working on breaking in the little 2.0, so I will vary my highway speed between 60 and 85 and shift between 4th and 5th every 10 minutes or so. Keep in mind that the area around northern NM between Santa Fe and Albuquerque (55 miles +/-) is pretty hilly/mountainous. SF is 7000 feet and Albuquerque is about 5200 feet (I have been going back and forth between the cities lately, which accounts for my 80% highway driving), so I am sure if I were to drive in a less hilly region I would be doing better. I am looking forward to my next fill-up so I can shoot for a higher number on the highway - drive a little slower and use the cruise control and stay in 5th gear.

When are you guys filling up your tanks - what does your "miles to empty read?" I have been filling up around 70 miles left which is pretty conservative...
Old 06-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #268
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by r56curt View Post
When are you guys filling up your tanks - what does your "miles to empty read?" I have been filling up around 70 miles left which is pretty conservative...
I went a couple miles past "0 miles left" and then I got exactly 12 gallons in which meant I had at least a half gallon left. It was a 443 mile tankful!

I'd like to hear the MOST gas anyone has gotten in their '12 Focus'?? Most cars hold more than the rated tank size and I like to know how much breathing room I have when I am trying to get to that station that is a dime cheaper.

Also, some recent highway trips cruising around 72 MPH have been averaging right around the rated 37 MPG and the computer is usually within 1 MPG of my measured calculation. I have been able to average 40.5 MPG over stretches without much up-incline and with the speeds around 65. (I reset Trip 2 MPG when I'm coming up on a smooth stretch.)
Old 06-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #269
kilcher
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85597
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch (red)

FF Reputation: 1 kilcher Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimcrwbr1 View Post
I just turned 6k on the odometer.
So what's your commute? That's by far the most I've seen so far. I'm at 4500 - 100 miles 5 days a week.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #270
CalgaryDrummer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84317
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Black

FF Reputation: 1 CalgaryDrummer Good Standing Member
I will be creeping up on kimcrwbr1 in mileage soon. Two days with my car, 600km so far. I drive to damn much :)

and mpg? I havent even considered looking at that yet, still enjoying the toys.......... :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.