2012 owners Post your MPG's - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
damianinpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52540
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 damianinpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 owners Post your MPG's

All,
I test drove a 2012 Focus SE this weekend. I liked it alot, but, am still comparing (Cruze Eco is nice too). If anyone owns one, please post Real world gas mileage. I like the thought of the stick shift at 26/36 on the SE, but, the SEL has alot more options. This may force me to go with Auto at 27/37 (US Model). I'm hoping real world does get in the mid 30's. I know they just hit the lots, but, hoping some users have some miles on them!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
bryantest
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72040
What I Drive: Focus 5 door (used to drive)

FF Reputation: 4 bryantest Good Standing Member
Mods,

Can you "Sticky" this thread?

I think maybe it would help to post the average mpg and specify the average speed too (like 40 mpg under 65 mph of highway driving)..

It would also be interesting for the posters to specify not just the trim but also the other options they availed as some of those options will no doubt increase the weight of their respective Focus.

I for one am anxious to see on how effective is the technological enhancements that Ford has implemented in the Focus to achieve its MPG ratings like Active Grille Shutters, Aggressive Deceleration Fuel Shut-Off and etc.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
qdo44681
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66818
What I Drive: 2008 black 2door SE

FF Reputation: 1 qdo44681 Good Standing Member
You can order an se with all the fancy stuff added to it. That is what i did with me 2008 se. Mine is an se but it has everything that the sel has.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ford changes how they package things year to year on these cars, so don't assume that ordering a '12 is the same as ordering an '08. Point being that door guards were standard equipment on SE's in 04, but not in 05. Likewise in 04 if you ordered a roof rack with your wagon, you got cross bars, but not so in 05. The cross bars were $150ea.

Don't ask me why they do this, they just do.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 200 warneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdo44681 View Post
You can order an se with all the fancy stuff added to it. That is what i did with me 2008 se. Mine is an se but it has everything that the sel has.
The interior is completely different between the SE and the SEL on the 2012.

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 04-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #6
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
On the gas milage. Most cars don't start getting their best milage until after they are broke in and that takes at least 5,000. miles or more.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
bryantest
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72040
What I Drive: Focus 5 door (used to drive)

FF Reputation: 4 bryantest Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobird View Post
On the gas milage. Most cars don't start getting their best milage until after they are broke in and that takes at least 5,000. miles or more.
I don't think that reason alone should stop 2012 Focus owners from posting their avg speed/mpg numbers. IMO.

I've been getting 38-45 highway mpg for bro's new car (EPA certified 40 highway mpg) that hasn't even hit the break-in period yet.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
2012htch
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84735
What I Drive: 2012 kona blue hatch sport package

FF Reputation: 1 2012htch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantest View Post
I don't think that reason alone should stop 2012 Focus owners from posting their avg speed/mpg numbers. IMO.

I've been getting 38-45 highway mpg for bro's new car (EPA certified 40 highway mpg) that hasn't even hit the break-in period yet.
Im on day 2 with my new 2012 auto se hatch. I have seen 35 mpg on the B.Q. expressway that you cant do more that 65ish. About 29,30 in Queens suburban driving stop and go traffic lights. the owners manual say dont expect peak MPG until after 3,000 miles. i have not gone threw a full tank so I haven't crunched the # yet! oh I just noticed the car has a plat under the engine compartment with the electric louver shutter grills,didn't know about that when I researched the car! The auto trans is silky smooth with plenty of pep! The sync is going to take me some time to learn! Very fun to drive, super quit!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
damianinpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52540
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 damianinpa Good Standing Member
Do you have the SE sport package which gives you the sport shift thing or just standard auto? SFE package or no? Keep us posted on your mileage.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
2012htch
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84735
What I Drive: 2012 kona blue hatch sport package

FF Reputation: 1 2012htch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by damianinpa View Post
Do you have the SE sport package which gives you the sport shift thing or just standard auto? SFE package or no? Keep us posted on your mileage.
Yes it has the shifter button on the auto stick! works nicely! Don't have SFE package but it does have the shutter grill and a faring under the car that makes the car more ergonomic? The car only has 100 miles. On the highway in NYC some stop and go traffic 65 mile per hour I was showing 35mpg. On city streets I have been getting 25-30 Ford says the motor will get optimum MPG after 3,000 miles at brake in! So im hoping for that 40-45 mpg that we hear about. My fusion would get 19 city 33 highway. My wife has an MDX Acura and she said "WOW" when she drove this car!

Bookmarks & Social Networks