What is a good driver? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-31-2003, 04:35 PM   #21
bfocused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63
What I Drive: I now drive a 2009 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 2 bfocused Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A good driver is someone who NEVER puts himself/herself, or others sharing the roads in danger. A good driver never tailgates. A good driver always obeys the rules of the road. A good driver doesn't make others insurance rates go up because they feel the need to impress. A good driver understatnds that driving is a privalege, not a right. A good driver knows the difference between race cars and production cars.

But, really have fun, but don't endager me or the lives of my family with street racing. I retired from the collision repair business, so I have seen first hand the results of bad drivers. I have seen some really good posts here on this subject. Glad to see my fellow Focus drivers are a smart and safe group.
bfocused

Last edited by bfocused; 10-31-2003 at 04:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2003, 08:44 PM   #22
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

Fan#: 1114
What I Drive: 2000 Sedan SE with Zetec engine

FF Reputation: 1 ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
hmm, to me a good driver is someone who has alot of experiance behind the wheel, has a SCCA license. Isn't afraid to tackle something, obeys the speed, uses blinkers, is observent, shares the road with other vehicles. Takes precautions when the weather is bad, doesn't weave in and out of traffic, uses all mirrors, yields for people in the road, and at railroad crossings even if the lights aren't flashing but most of all, a good driver is someone who is friendly, not someone who won't yield at a yield sign and cut other cars off. Even good drivers have accident's though but accidents are caused by other people, a crash is caused by the driver. So if a good driver crashed, it be his fault. But if another car hit him and the good driver wasnt doing anything bad, it be an accident.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:50 PM   #23
FocusOnThis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 984
What I Drive: 2 built Honda Civics/pearl white-SHOW & graphite grey-GO/Focus ZX3 daily driver

FF Reputation: 1 FocusOnThis Good Standing Member
I don't like this thread! This literally puts me in the bad driver catagory.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:07 PM   #24
dlibal
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1126
What I Drive: 02 Grabber Green Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 dlibal Good Standing Member
A good driver doesn't think he is a good driver. A good driver knows that there is always something to learn and is humbled by that. However, a good driver is also not afraid to DRIVE the hell out of his car. A good driver is aware of all things at all times. A good driver watches all the cars as far in front of him as possible as well as the car in front of him. A good driver never loses his cool in a bad situation. A good driver is someone who drives better than you that you learn from. I could go on for a long time on this...
02 Grabber Green ZX5, Steeda 65mm TB, K&N cone filter in place of airbox, 18" QT rims, 215-35/ZR-18 Toyo Proxes FZ-4's, 20% tint all around, Pioneer Organic-EL deck, 12" RF Punch sub, Just bought in June, many more mods to come
Old 10-31-2003, 11:32 PM   #25
Lil_RedZX3
Mtn. Dew

Fan#: 101
What I Drive: 2013 Taffeta White Civic Si

FF Reputation: 45 Lil_RedZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
A good driver is someone who knows that anything can happen out on the road. You never know when someone is going to swerve across the yellow lines into your lane, but you'd better be mentally prepared for when it DOES HAPPEN!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:40 PM   #26
avengerc4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
a good driver goes at least 5 mph over the speed limit at all times so s/hes not goin slow...they cut off every slow person cause they suck at driving, but don't get pissed when someone rides their ass or cuts them off cause they do it to everyone also! :) ALWAYS wear u'r seatbelt (I should know) and turn signals...also just plain ol never drive through reds :)
Old 10-31-2003, 11:42 PM   #27
avengerc4

oh by the way I'm serious
Old 10-31-2003, 11:43 PM   #28
avengerc4

oh by the way I'm serious...everyone around here drives slow as shit and pisses me off
Old 10-31-2003, 11:46 PM   #29
avengerc4

Quote:
Originally posted by GonFishin
A good driver accelerates onto the interstate instead of poking along looking for a mile wide opening.
A good driver can bark at least 3rd gear in their focus!! 4th gear is for great drivers...lol
A good driver can sneeze without blinking, and cough without farting.
A good driver does not drive with either leg folded under them in the seat (Ladies!!!).
A good passenger does not gag when I hit bumps on the road!
A good driver only runs red lights when no one is looking.
A good driver turns his/her stereo up loud enough so people without stereos in their car can enjoy some music.
A courtious driver rolls down the windows after farting and rolls up the windows when smoking chronic.
A good driver does not hit mailboxes while driving drunk.
NICE!!! The smart ass serious comments I like cause their TRUE!!!!!!! THIS IS THE WAY PPL SHOULD DRIVE!!!! Minus the smoking part cause I hate the smell of smoke (cough)
Old 11-01-2003, 12:14 AM   #30
jrzx3
FF Veteran Goofball

Fan#: 384
What I Drive: An f'd up dirty '01

FF Reputation: 1 jrzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
This is a great thread. I knew we had some smart thought-provoking people on here.... And then there's GonFishin. Dude, you always always crack me up!! LOL
Seriously though, I enjoyed reading everyone's take on what a "good driver/bad driver" is. Too bad I have no clue where I stand.
I took a lot of notes from this! haha
I have this to say though: don't even think of throwing your nasty stank cigarette out the window when I am behind you. I will run you down and shove it in your stinky face. So there.
And why must people pimp out their cars that have a current value of less than $1000?? In Tampa, for instance, I have seen lots of ridiculous looking rides. *cringe*
But anyways, back on topic... a good driver:
- uses their blinkers and is courteous to others on the road.
- understands that driving is a privelage, not a right.
- takes care of their car (upkeep, inspections, fixes burnt signals, etc..)
- stops for school buses and slows for emergency vehicles
- stops on red, slows for yellow... and goes on green (i have seen some diff versions)
- i don't know.. i am just rambling... i will be done now and spare all of you's

Last edited by jrzx3; 11-01-2003 at 12:21 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks