Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Upgrading! Road Course Guro's i seek your Council!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  FocusBoy58 
#1 ·
Im a member at Sebring and i do alot of Test and tunes with my car there and im running eibach sways, Eibach pro system... Car has more tube chassis then factory steel components now aswell... My question is if i want to make my car much stiffer without sacrificing ride height can I go with some Tokiko D2 or KYB AGX or Koni Adjustables? (just examples) The car sits fairly low with the pro system that has 70k hard miles on them.. rear and front fender gap is like 1"

Considering this is a daily I still dont care about harsh ride quality... Can i keep my eibach pro kit springs and slap some stiff shocks on there or is it better to go with a Steeda spring kit and stiffer shocks? I say steeda because they lower the car only a .5" more then the pro kit springs... But if i can get away with just upgrading the shocks then please do tell!

#2 ·
We are actually discussing this same thing in the Suspension forum.

Because I am in the same boat as you. I also have the Eibach Pro System.

Here's the Link - > CLICK HERE

Some great info in there to help you decide.

-Ray-

Reactions: FocusBoy58
#3 ·
I would say if you don’t want to change your ride height and the car is daily driven, go with a good adjustable shock like Koni or the Tokiko. You can dial them down to soft for everyday and crank them to stiff for track days. Also if you’re at 70k miles on your current shocks I would say they are worn and need to be replaced, especially for track duty.

If you’re interested in full suspension kits for track days while still being a DD and not too low, I would recommend the FRPP Dynamic kit or H&R Race spring with Koni adj shocks. I have the Dynamic kit on mine and im super happy with the handling on the track. Really well balanced.

#4 ·
Awesome! So Koni yellows it is!! I would like to use stiffer springs but I'll see because dropping the car more is not what I want to be doing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.