Post your MK3 Ford Focus (2012-Present) Pics! - Page 233 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #2321
ThatFocusAgain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103779
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White ST

FF Reputation: 1 ThatFocusAgain Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
before my mods.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #2322
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 21,629, Level 92
Points: 21,629, Level: 92 Points: 21,629, Level: 92 Points: 21,629, Level: 92
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Happy Mazda. Angry Focus.
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #2323
ThatFocusAgain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103779
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White ST

FF Reputation: 1 ThatFocusAgain Good Standing Member
lil smiley vs. frowny
Old 04-01-2013, 12:34 AM   #2324
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

Points 708, Level 14
Points: 708, Level: 14 Points: 708, Level: 14 Points: 708, Level: 14
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 11 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Now there's something you don't see every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
What a difference a change of wheels can make. Frosted Glass has never gotten me too excited, but with those wheels I like it. Not a combination that could be ordered from the factory, either. Unique. (It seems like half the cars you see on the road these days are silver, the other half are gray, and the other half are white.)

I never understood why Ford wouldn't build a Focus that color with the black interior, though. How is the "light stone" interior holding up? I like the look when its new, but would have been worried about keeping it looking that way.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #2325
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,858, Level 66
Points: 9,858, Level: 66 Points: 9,858, Level: 66 Points: 9,858, Level: 66
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
What a difference a change of wheels can make. Frosted Glass has never gotten me too excited, but with those wheels I like it. Not a combination that could be ordered from the factory, either. Unique. (It seems like half the cars you see on the road these days are silver, the other half are gray, and the other half are white.)

I never understood why Ford wouldn't build a Focus that color with the black interior, though. How is the "light stone" interior holding up? I like the look when its new, but would have been worried about keeping it looking that way.
I don't know why they restricted the dark interior in the Focus, but made Frosted Glass only available with the dark interior in the Escape.

The interior could use a vacuuming probably, but otherwise seems to be holding up well, although I only usually use the driver's seat. Right now the car is a bit fuller than usual given the parts that I have for my next unique project.

I think you mean quarters since you've listed "three halfs".

I prefer the medium light stone for not heating up as much in the summer vs the black interior.

I have got to find a paint shop though, and that's been proving slightly difficult over the holiday weekend. I'm not looking forward to going into work tomorrow as I want to kick the project into gear, but I'll have to see what I can do.

I like it a lot, but I should being that It's mine.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #2326
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

Points 708, Level 14
Points: 708, Level: 14 Points: 708, Level: 14 Points: 708, Level: 14
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 11 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

Quote:
... I think you mean quarters since you've listed "three halfs". ...
Nope. Just my lame attempt at humor through exaggeration. When you drive down the street and look out your window, half the cars you see are likely to be one of those three colors, just not all at the same time. I knew someone would take that literally. (You must be an engineer.)

Quote:
... I prefer the medium light stone for not heating up as much in the summer vs the black interior.
Especially if the black interior is leather. I am so P.O.'d at Ford over eliminating the 2012 SE Sport Package for 2013 and requiring black leather to get an SE sedan with rear disc brakes, fog lights, and the trunk lid spoiler. I wouldn't mind black cloth, but would rather not have to get it with leather in any color. I'm still considering the possibility that I could be happy with a base SE, but at a minimum I'd really have to find a set of wheels like yours (for less than Ford charges for them separately). I doubt I could get Ford to build a base SE with them from the factory. (Not to mention the issue with not being able to use the factory switch if I add fog lights.) Were they hard to find?

Quote:
... given the parts that I have for my next unique project ... I have got to find a paint shop though, and that's been proving slightly difficult over the holiday weekend. I'm not looking forward to going into work tomorrow as I want to kick the project into gear, but I'll have to see what I can do. ...
You seem to be having fun keeping the rest of us in suspense about the mystery project. Since I had not seen them before now, I thought maybe it was the black wheels. Now it seems there's more to come. If I had a vote, it would be for an ST spoiler painted the same color as the car. And maybe the bottom panels painted to match, like theshrewz did with his silver hatchback. I'll bet no one has ever seen that in Frosted Glass. These projects have a way of growing, though: doing all that could lead to an irresistable urge to bump the wheels & tires up to 18", too. (I've been "clean and sober" on doing car mods for over 20 years now, but it will be hard to not fall off that wagon if I buy a new Focus like I want.)
Old 04-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #2327
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 FFE Frosted Glass

Points 876, Level 15
Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
Nope. Just my lame attempt at humor through exaggeration. When you drive down the street and look out your window, half the cars you see are likely to be one of those three colors, just not all at the same time. I knew someone would take that literally. (You must be an engineer.)

Especially if the black interior is leather. I am so P.O.'d at Ford over eliminating the 2012 SE Sport Package for 2013 and requiring black leather to get an SE sedan with rear disc brakes, fog lights, and the trunk lid spoiler. I wouldn't mind black cloth, but would rather not have to get it with leather in any color. I'm still considering the possibility that I could be happy with a base SE, but at a minimum I'd really have to find a set of wheels like yours (for less than Ford charges for them separately). I doubt I could get Ford to build a base SE with them from the factory. (Not to mention the issue with not being able to use the factory switch if I add fog lights.) Were they hard to find?

You seem to be having fun keeping the rest of us in suspense about the mystery project. Since I had not seen them before now, I thought maybe it was the black wheels. Now it seems there's more to come. If I had a vote, it would be for an ST spoiler painted the same color as the car. And maybe the bottom panels painted to match, like theshrewz did with his silver hatchback. I'll bet no one has ever seen that in Frosted Glass. These projects have a way of growing, though: doing all that could lead to an irresistable urge to bump the wheels & tires up to 18", too. (I've been "clean and sober" on doing car mods for over 20 years now, but it will be hard to not fall off that wagon if I buy a new Focus like I want.)
THAT's my plan for this summer, getting the lower portion painted Frosted Glass to match the body color. I will also paint the silver spokes in Frosted Glass but leave the rim in silver. Should look good and not be the same as his car! (been accused of copying, LOL!) I look forward to his mod getting done. I had thought it would be cool but now I have to think of something else! (couldn't afford it any way......)
Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #2328
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,858, Level 66
Points: 9,858, Level: 66 Points: 9,858, Level: 66 Points: 9,858, Level: 66
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
THAT's my plan for this summer, getting the lower portion painted Frosted Glass to match the body color. I will also paint the silver spokes in Frosted Glass but leave the rim in silver. Should look good and not be the same as his car! (been accused of copying, LOL!) I look forward to his mod getting done. I had thought it would be cool but now I have to think of something else! (couldn't afford it any way......)
Hey, I wasn't the one who said this, although things do become slightly less unique when everyone does the same sort of things.

I already have the ST wing painted in Frosted Glass, as well as the 2012 SE Sport optional /Ti optional black painted wheels/ 2013 SE black package wheels on the car.

Might want to paint the side skirts after this next modification, but maybe not. The unpainted side skirts save the hassle of getting upset when the paint gets chipped off on the road, etc.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #2329
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 21,629, Level 92
Points: 21,629, Level: 92 Points: 21,629, Level: 92 Points: 21,629, Level: 92
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'd look into painting the skirts to balance it out, unless you plan on changing them later on down the road. A 3M wrap wouldn't hurt, or at least OEM mudflaps.
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #2330
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 FFE Frosted Glass

Points 876, Level 15
Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hey, I wasn't the one who said this, although things do become slightly less unique when everyone does the same sort of things.

I already have the ST wing painted in Frosted Glass, as well as the 2012 SE Sport optional /Ti optional black painted wheels/ 2013 SE black package wheels on the car.

Might want to paint the side skirts after this next modification, but maybe not. The unpainted side skirts save the hassle of getting upset when the paint gets chipped off on the road, etc.
If I could do it, I'd get an Electric Focus in frosted glass, put on the ST front bumper and wing, paint the lowers to match (maybe a 'tuner' sound for effects!)and REALLY get people upset!
I do want the full electric Focus, but that is a few years out for me I think...
But as I've said before, I do to my car what I like, not what others think, but I do Like Suss6052's style!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.