Gauging interests: Team Focalize website - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #41
Pattacular
IH8URFCE

Fan#: 80015
What I Drive: 07 Pueblo Gold SE

FF Reputation: 3 Pattacular Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
ok give me a second to type out some thoughts now that i have taken a half hour to skim through this thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 10:07 AM   #42
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattacular View Post
there is a whole lot of TL;DR going on ITT
huh??
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
Old 03-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #43
Pattacular
IH8URFCE

Being a part of this team for 5 months has really enlightened me to the whole scene, like a gateway crew or something. But during that time I have thought about a lot of the things discussed. Mainly organization. Here are my thoughts which have been swimming around my brain the last few months:

Organization
I think we need something resembling an established governing body. We need an actual president, vice president, treasurer, and whatever else it is that would be useful to us as a whole. From what I have gathered, this idea was put together a while back, nobody was willing to take charge, and Chuck volunteered himself. And I will give him credit for staying on top of ideas and bringing things to the table. He does a great job of that. However, as has been stated, following through is another issue. I know we are a small team, but we need an organization that allows us to stay on top of things. Otherwise I think we will go from being small, to being non-existent.

In regard to the Ford Focus scene, I agree that there aren't many of us out there. And with just Foci, we won't be getting much larger any time soon. My idea takes Matt's thought about a Ford team a little further. The import scene is huge. What about the domestic scene? Why not let in other domestic sport compacts? Hell, even trucks if they are willing to be a part of it? We wouldn't need to change the name because it's "Team Focalize", not "Team FocusSport" or "Team IDriveAFocusSoGoSuckOne".

In the case that we intend to branch out to allowing other models or makes of cars, I think the website would come in handy. If it is going to remain strictly Foci, for such a small group and at this time, it could be a little too much for just us.

Money
Hell I don't know. The bank account idea seems like the only legit idea for all of this, but again, keeping on top of it would still be an issue. I would think that the easiest way would be to take it back to grade school government and have the most trustworthy member is put all the money is a little wooden box labeled "Focus Doughcus". But that is another way that having a well-organized team structure comes into play.

I think that is all I have for now. If I remember anything I will add some more
Old 03-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #44
Pattacular
IH8URFCE

Oh one more thing:
TL;DR = Too Long; Didn't Read
ITT = In This Thread
Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #45
ChuckDee
stock status

Fan#: 43589
What I Drive: from '07-11: black Zts

FF Reputation: 48 ChuckDee Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvviftSVT View Post
I know I new to the group, but here is my 2 cents.
Pooling money into a single account, although sounding like a good idea, has the potential to end up horribly.
If the kind of progress we are trying to achieve, a whole board needs to be established. A President (leader), Treasurer, Secretary (of sorts)/ Historian, etc. I have been members of committees and groups, even a Fraternity (TKE) and this is needed so things keep rolling in the right direction.

Alot of things are being brought up and, ironically, the "FOCUS" should be making us more organized and unified. We are a small group and need to be a STRONG small group.

Attending meets/shows : People have busy schedules. Like me personally, I work two jobs. And I am also a very family-oriented person. Everybody is busy and has plenty to do. As long as a valid effort is made, that should be fair.

There are plenty more things that are going through my head right now, but my fingers aren't working, lol, so this will be enough for now.

This is my piece, take it or leave it. Just trying to help.

Quote:
Being a part of this team for 5 months has really enlightened me to the whole scene, like a gateway crew or something. But during that time I have thought about a lot of the things discussed. Mainly organization. Here are my thoughts which have been swimming around my brain the last few months:

Organization
I think we need something resembling an established governing body. We need an actual president, vice president, treasurer, and whatever else it is that would be useful to us as a whole. From what I have gathered, this idea was put together a while back, nobody was willing to take charge, and Chuck volunteered himself. And I will give him credit for staying on top of ideas and bringing things to the table. He does a great job of that. However, as has been stated, following through is another issue. I know we are a small team, but we need an organization that allows us to stay on top of things. Otherwise I think we will go from being small, to being non-existent.

In regard to the Ford Focus scene, I agree that there aren't many of us out there. And with just Foci, we won't be getting much larger any time soon. My idea takes Matt's thought about a Ford team a little further. The import scene is huge. What about the domestic scene? Why not let in other domestic sport compacts? Hell, even trucks if they are willing to be a part of it? We wouldn't need to change the name because it's "Team Focalize", not "Team FocusSport" or "Team IDriveAFocusSoGoSuckOne".

In the case that we intend to branch out to allowing other models or makes of cars, I think the website would come in handy. If it is going to remain strictly Foci, for such a small group and at this time, it could be a little too much for just us.

Money
Hell I don't know. The bank account idea seems like the only legit idea for all of this, but again, keeping on top of it would still be an issue. I would think that the easiest way would be to take it back to grade school government and have the most trustworthy member is put all the money is a little wooden box labeled "Focus Doughcus". But that is another way that having a well-organized team structure comes into play.

I think that is all I have for now. If I remember anything I will add some more
you guys are right on the money. this is exactly what we need if we're gonna be a legit team, i don't want this to fall apart or become one disorganized mess, so this is why i stepped up to the plate, but i can't do this alone. We all need to get together in person and discuss more about it.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #46
Pattacular
IH8URFCE

Goldilox 4 Prez!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 AM   #47
captcomputer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9409
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST (Sharp Dressed Tux)

FF Reputation: 37 captcomputer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Where is the money going to come from?
Who is going to be responsible for the storage and accounting aspect?

How are you going to keep it equal? Someone will always have to put in more money to keep the website alive. Yearly, I promise you.

That pool of money will go towards having stickers made. Then what about shirts. Someone will cover the cost up front and hope that they will collect the money.

What will you do to keep it exciting?

What will you offer members that existing websites don't already offer?

There are a lot to think about besides agreeing that $79 will get you started. It will be the fastest $79 you ever wasted if you don't have a plan.
Its like opening a new store with no customers. What is going to pay the bills and make people want to come inside?
You have to have a respected member base and leadership team that will stand behind one another and support each other.

It sounds exciting I know, but it wears off after awhile unless you got money and ideas to keep it fresh.

You have a Thread here that you can build on, a way to communicate that is free to you. When you have all shown your strenght in numbers and actually show up for meets or participate in Car shows together then you might think about a Team page. I would build that foundation first.

Just some food for thought. If you are still sure you are ready for that then by all means good luck. Go Team Focalize
(Former)Blue Focus Owners
Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #48
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Joe, these are things I have also wondered. Same type of question, just re-worded.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #49
71shadow
Focalize!!!

Fan#: 72524
What I Drive: 01 Greenie ZX3, 13 tux shadow

FF Reputation: 2 71shadow Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Goldilox 4 Prez!
haha pat

FF ROCKSSSS

And Now__Tuned by Tom__
Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 AM   #50
Matsuo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58127
What I Drive: 2008 Black SES

FF Reputation: 2 Matsuo Good Standing Member
So I borked the site lol... I was making darryl an FTP account and set it to have the same root folder as the site... when I removedthe account i told it to remove all files too... it wiped the entire site clean lol..

good thing is, i work for the company so they're restoring it right now.. most of you prob won't even know that it was down =P

Edit:: And it's already fixed =D
Newest Member of my Family
2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP

Bookmarks & Social Networks