Recommend Car Wax - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #21
kwaidonjin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84388
What I Drive: 2011 Blue SEL, 2003 Black SPI

FF Reputation: 1 kwaidonjin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcity View Post
I saw that in a clearance aisle. Not sure if they also had it in the auto section. Might want to check there too.
That is where I saw it in the clearance Isle as well. I think I will go back tonight and pick it up.
So could I use the NXT 2.0 as a sealant? Then use the AutoGlym on top of that? No swirls or anything on my paint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #22
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
You can if you want. Like I said if you do that, leave the NXT to dry like 15+ minutes to maximize the durability of it.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #23
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10SES View Post
i've had real good results with the NXT 2.0--but then again it gets washed, waxed and detailed inside and out religiously once a week in the summer--
Love that stuff and Also Eagle Ones Nano Wax, I wax my whole car on a weekly basis with either in the florida summer 100' heat and come back and wipe it right off the car its awesome stuff!

Eagle One Nano Wax on windows is magic... RainX is crap compared, heavy downpours and the water just flys off the window. Maybe thats why i just replaced my wiper blades after 3 years...

Good wax lets you have it sit all day and wipe off no problem whenever you want IMO...

I Bought an ICE thing and gave it 2 my friend the next day will never buy that crap again!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #24
NX_Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 13160
What I Drive: 07ZX3,hayabusa& gsxr,3stangs,98rngr

FF Reputation: 2 NX_Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
i like zymol. been using it for 20yrs
I don't need.
To impress people,
I don't know.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #25
Alex2507
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74979
What I Drive: 2000 Silver Focus SE Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Alex2507 Good Standing Member
After reading this thread and being totally confused I went out and bought:

1. Maguires clay bar kit for an '08 Malibu. I'll keep a look out for the Blackfire Wet Diamond and Autoglym HD Wax for this car.

2. Mothers Carnuba Cleaner Wax for a 2000 Focus.
(works great on yellowed plastic headlight covers)

The Zymol is confusing with the legit and non legit business. How am I suppose to tell and why should I bother? There are other waxes that I don't have to psychoanalyze. Some of these products get costly pretty quick. Is there some known point of diminishing return. I know I don't want to spend 80 bucks for just wax.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
lyonsroar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex2507 View Post
After reading this thread and being totally confused I went out and bought:

1. Maguires clay bar kit for an '08 Malibu. I'll keep a look out for the Blackfire Wet Diamond and Autoglym HD Wax for this car.

2. Mothers Carnuba Cleaner Wax for a 2000 Focus.
(works great on yellowed plastic headlight covers)

The Zymol is confusing with the legit and non legit business. How am I suppose to tell and why should I bother? There are other waxes that I don't have to psychoanalyze. Some of these products get costly pretty quick. Is there some known point of diminishing return. I know I don't want to spend 80 bucks for just wax.
Did you read my sticky thread?

I don't think you're going to find Blackfire anywhere locally like Autozone. That's kind of something to buy online. IIRC it's about $30 for a big bottle. The AutoGlym HD wax has only one US retailer that I'm aware of, that being walmart. I don't frequent walmart so I don't even know if they carry it anymore.

If you have yellowed headlights you're going to need some kind of abrasive. I would think something more than a cleaner wax. Get meguires plastX. It's a plastic polish. Use that and then follow up with sealant and(or) wax.

The Zymol thing is a simple as this: if it's being sold in a store in the US it's not the good stuff. I have NEVER seen it in any of the auto parts stores of big box retailers. They have "Zymol" cleaner wax that's blue and smells like a fruit salad. It's not terrible, but there are better products out there.

Unfortunately there's not much of a market for professional detailing products so the auto parts stores don't carry them. People would rather just rub some Turtle Wax on to their paint and call it good rather than actually go for correction and a perfect finish. It's a real shame because now those of us who strive for perfection are looked at as having no life and nothing better to do then rub on their car.

Did I clear some things up?
Old 04-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #27
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
I have used Klasse Cleaner and Klasse Sealant Glaze ,along with clay baring twice over the years on my 02 Thunderbird. It's always been garaged but does have over 75,000 on it and it still looks like new. It was a daily drive for 4 years in all kinds of weather when we lived in Pa.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #28
lyonsroar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobird View Post
I have used Klasse Cleaner and Klasse Sealant Glaze ,along with clay baring twice over the years on my 02 Thunderbird. It's always been garaged but does have over 75,000 on it and it still looks like new. It was a daily drive for 4 years in all kinds of weather when we lived in Pa.
A lot of people use the Klasse "twins" and recommend them. Used them on my old car and I wasn't impressed. I didn't like the way they spread and I definitely didn't like the way they buffed off, or didn't buff off rather. That stuff is a PITA to buff off! And TBH I didn't see any extra anything from them vs an easier to apply product like Blackfire.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #29
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
It all depends what you like, there are some others that are good also. A lot of people on my T-Bird site use Zaino , but it's a multi step application.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #30
Alex2507
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74979
What I Drive: 2000 Silver Focus SE Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Alex2507 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
Did you read my sticky thread?
I just now read your first post there. Thanks.

Quote:
I don't think you're going to find Blackfire anywhere locally like Autozone. That's kind of something to buy online. IIRC it's about $30 for a big bottle. The AutoGlym HD wax has only one US retailer that I'm aware of, that being walmart. I don't frequent walmart so I don't even know if they carry it anymore.
This the stuff?:Blackfire on Amazon.

Quote:
If you have yellowed headlights you're going to need some kind of abrasive. I would think something more than a cleaner wax. Get meguires plastX. It's a plastic polish. Use that and then follow up with sealant and(or) wax.
About a year after treating my headlights with the 3M kit some of the yellow started coming back. Mothers Cleaner wax took care of that.

Quote:
The Zymol thing is a simple as this: if it's being sold in a store in the US it's not the good stuff. I have NEVER seen it in any of the auto parts stores of big box retailers. They have "Zymol" cleaner wax that's blue and smells like a fruit salad. It's not terrible, but there are better products out there.
I found Zymol on Amazon but I see that you prefer the Autoglym which is also available on Amazon.

Quote:
Unfortunately there's not much of a market for professional detailing products so the auto parts stores don't carry them. People would rather just rub some Turtle Wax on to their paint and call it good rather than actually go for correction and a perfect finish. It's a real shame because now those of us who strive for perfection are looked at as having no life and nothing better to do then rub on their car.

Did I clear some things up?
Definitely! Like I mentioned before, one of our vehicles is pretty new and I intend on seeing to it that it looks reasonably good for a while. My older Focus is gonna get some love nut not like the newer car. I saw where you recommended that polisher ... I guess that will be the next step.

After doing the Preview Post thing I believe that the site is not allowing me to show links yet.

Bookmarks & Social Networks