2004 Mitsu Lancer EVO Vs 2005 Mustang GT - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-22-2004, 07:34 PM   #11
xgambit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8571
What I Drive: red 03 FSVT zx5, 95 eclipse GST

FF Reputation: 1 xgambit Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i dont know, the 05 stangs got a solid rear axle. theres only so much handling you can get out of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2004, 08:32 PM   #12
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
One thing I would like to point out is that people say thay are made for two diffrent reasons, Drag and Rally/AutoX. That may be a good point but the EVO, especially the new model coming out this year will beat any stock stang (maybe even a Cobra) in a drag any day of the week including rain or snow.

J/K about the rain or snow part but it is true.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #13
2fast4u
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2375
What I Drive: ZX-3 gone, now 05 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 2fast4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i want my evo mr edition,,,,,lol
Old 09-23-2004, 10:09 AM   #14
luckyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12696
What I Drive: 1999 Subie Impreza 2.5RS

FF Reputation: 1 luckyfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by ZETEC3
WRONG! The EVO is in no way shape or form based off of the base lancer. The only thing they share in common is a few door skins and if anything the newer ones are based off of the EVO not the other way around. And you have to be retarded if you can't tell the differences between the base lancer and an EVO. And as for that last part I only hope that your joking cuz if your serious wow.....just wow

Also there is no way that a completely stock EVO put down 270+ even to the front wheels bone stock so it wont with AWD. The mustang GT is going to be faster in a striaght line stock vs stock and the EVO is going to outhandle. Now if its the EVO MR then I would pick that all the way but you should also take into consideration that the new platform for the mustang has limitless handling capabilities.
I agree there. Actually the newer body lancers (the ones that look similar to the evos) were modeled after the evos. B/C the evo is such a freackin bad @$$ car.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:26 AM   #15
Beantown Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1894
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black nike air force

FF Reputation: 1 Beantown Focus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by FocusOnDeez
problem with the evo, it's based on a car that you can pick up right now new for like 11K. It's cool, but to most people, it looks no different than the cheap model being driven around by highschool kids. the STI is something special. the GT is something special, and anyone who'd take ANY kind of JAPANESE I-4 over detroit muscle is a homo. yup, a homo.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA your funnier than chapelle
Old 09-23-2004, 03:21 PM   #16
focus mike
Banned

Fan#: 953
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 BAN MC DONALDS

FF Reputation: 1 focus mike Good Standing Member
evo's are kewl till a point but then its like no matter how fast it goes your still in a boy racer car. a mustang V8 only no matter how young or old you are your in a true muscle car.

last week i was cruising in my focus i had to get food for some drunk people that needed food to absorb the alcohol. anyways 3 guys in an sti are looking at me and im like what do you want [:)][:)][:)]? he gave me a puzzled look im like "do you have a Fking staring problem?!" i started getting mad and they peeled off real fast. it was neat tho his muffler made a fire ball. maybe cause i was rolling 4 deep in my car the power of people its a wonderful thing! [:P]
Old 09-23-2004, 03:35 PM   #17
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

In response to your first paragraph, you can call an EVO what you like "boy racer car", Jap crap, Rice, etc.. it will smoke any stock mustang gt on the road and maybe come close to smoking a cobra (not sure, will have to check the numbers). Don't get me wrong, I am a Ford fan but the EVO is one hell of a car.

In response to your second paragraph, never mind it doesn't deserve a response.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:04 PM   #18
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
The only problem I have with the EVO is that around here most if not all of them are owned and driven by poseurs who don't care much about the car's awesome abilities but are more interested in being seen in it and being the only kid in school or the only guy at work to have one. But I guess the same holds true for the Mustang, let's face it, the vast majority of people who have a Mustang aren't really using or appreciating it's full performance potential.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:17 PM   #19
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

I agree with the EVO comment about the poseurs, alot of kids with civic's and integra's are posers too but our SVT's can usually beat them. The EVO poseurs are a real pain cause they have money (I'm sorry, I mean there parents do) and a fast as hell car.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #20
brads03zx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10313
What I Drive: 2003 Sangria Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 brads03zx3 Good Standing Member
I do have to say that only my mom cannot tell the difference between a lancer and an evo. That is because she can't decide what she wants...a car or an SUV. I have only seen a couple of evos around and have never seen one actually being driven, but I do know that is one hell of a car and I would drive it. I do like the new mustang though, don't get me wrong. I don't like the fact that everybody and their grandma has one though (even if it is v-6).

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->