How do you know when your injectors are maxed out? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 44 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
How do you know when your injectors are maxed out?

My STFT's averaged 0.894922 from 908 to 688 MAF counts.
I multiplied those cells by 1.118509.
Pulled another log after the updating and STFT's average 0.874748 from 883 to 767 MAF counts. Below 767 the trims are pretty decent, 0.951422 from 766 to 728 and better there on down.

I was only logging STFT and MAF counts and only glanced at the WBO2, which read lean top end.

I'm running E-85, PZEV injectors (24#), Pro-M MAFS tuned for 24# injectors in a SVT sample tube. You guys know the rest of what's done to the car.

I'm going to update the MTF and pull another log. Just found it odd that top end didn't change a bit with the last update. I have 42#'er sitting on the bench but I'd really like to stay away from using them and keep the PZEV injectors ... may have to up the pressure to compensate?

----

*edit

Updated tune. Still lean at high flows. Trims from 903 to 809 counts average 0.871861. Even after adding 14%. Something's up.

FWIW, here is a crappy graph of my STFT's right now. 903 counts is on the left and lowest of 323 counts on the right, I was too lazy to make a proper graph.

Last edited by iminhell; 03-04-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Send me a file what you posted isnt enough info , did you change your targed STFT1 for the e85 in the tune

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-05-2011, 03:03 AM   #3
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
when I kept adding air to the MTF on my stock injector setup and it wouldnt go under 13.2-13.5 in the high revs... as much as 3lb/min extra in the MTF with no change in AFR... that's when I knew.

Looks like Tom wants to see a log too, we want to help! Just send us some logs.

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:06 AM   #4
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Member
oh one thing I noticed wrong with your thought process... When you are in open loop, the STFT just reports back the base table. So .874 is just what you have in the base table at that TP.

If you are getting 750 MAF counts with that big of a MAF still in closed loop, in my opinion you should really consider lowering the fuel_open_loop_TP a few hundred counts so you go open loop at about .7-.8 load.

SUV this!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
iminhell
C2H5OH

This is open loop.
I did the closed loop thing up to ~400 counts. Closed loop is pretty smooth. Not perfect but close enough for now. The car idles well again and doesn't go into failed MAF mode like it was doing.

The thing I found out that may be doing this is, something with my alternator is funky. It acts like the belt slips after 4,000 RPM. The headlights pulse. Logged voltage and it drops, bounces back, drops and then stays low if I stay in it. This just started yesterday. I hadn't messed with anything alternator related. So I tried playing with the alternator cut out @ WOT, no change at all. Seems like it'd be tune related simply from when this started but I can't find anything that proves it is, every tune (27 trys now) is identical far as the alternator is concerned.

Have to find my receipt but I'm going to try and warranty it out and hope that fixes it. So I'm on hold 'til I can get that done. Sucks working so much because I have little time to play tuning let alone replace parts.

And if you guys want to see logs you have to tell me what to log. I've just been logging things I want to see, some of which are irrelevant to the tune. And I can't find the RPM PID that makes sense.

Oh, and total I added ~28% to the top end MTF with no change. So if it isn't voltage related, my injectors are maxed.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Yeah it ought to be open loop. But you are looking at STFT for your AFR in open loop... you wont find it there.

What is the 7 letter ECU code when you go to vehicle info on the x3? I can e-mail you a livelink configuration to use.

SUV this!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
iminhell
C2H5OH

X2 you mean, lol. Got a deal on it and the PRP I couldn't pass up.

KRAF4ZC
Old 03-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #8
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Well I was going to do it as an attachment here but it's not allowed, and I dont have your email, so here is a sendspace link to the .cf3 file. You just need to download the file, open livelink, then go to file->open livelink configuration, browse to this file, and click open. Sorry about all the ads, this host is free.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3o2asx

Theres some DMR's in this configuration that arent absolutely necessary for tuning but I like to use them with beginners because it gives me hints about things you might be doing wrong or that are acting weird.

For other people that might use the file, keep in mind it will only work for people with KRAF4 in vehicle info.

SUV this!

Bookmarks & Social Networks