Short throw AUTOMATIC shifter - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-23-2004, 10:49 PM   #61
zx34me
Focus Revolution

Fan#: 12063
What I Drive: 2000/zx3/infared/atx & 96 dodge neo

FF Reputation: 1 zx34me Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
let there be peace amongst us my focus brethrin he is still drivin a foci and thats better than a honda (what about the o/d hookup two wire or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2004, 10:54 PM   #62
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by jb10fan
You just contradicted yourself, you said it may move a little faster, but no performance...well..isnt that what my short shifter does, move a little faster...if its more comfortable for him to drive the car that way, then, in a sense, it is better performance, because he is tailoring the car to his driving style. Leave the automatic trans thing out for a second, the mentality around here that people with ATX are slow pokes that don't know anything is the most bullshit thing ive ever heard, and ive never experienced it on any other car forums. He likes it, makes it easier for him to get through the gears = performance for him..

now [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* about it, lol
first off, i never said anything against people with ATXs. i challange you to find one post of mine where i say "people with ATX are slow pokes that don't know anything." or anything similar.

and how ever fast you move the stick on an ATX, it will not change the speed at which the transmission shifts. this is a simple fact of how cars work. you may be able to start the process a little sooner, but it will take just as long to shift from one gear to the next, and you will see no performance gains on an ATX. on an MTX, a short throw shifter can actually shorten the amount of time it takes to get out of one gear and into another. because of the way an ATX works, shortening the shift knob, will not effect the actual shifting of the car. thus, there will be no performance gains. this is pretty simple stuff here guys. this isnt rocket science.

i am done with this discussion. it is obvious that some people are just here to pick fights, and i have had enough fun for one day. as i have said before. if you have a problem with something i have said, report it to the moderators. if you dont want to do that, then have a nice life.

bye bye
Old 09-23-2004, 11:10 PM   #63
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Folks come on, let it go please. Read all the posts, it's common sense that it doesn't add performance, it's strickly an interior modification. I think it's great, most do that posted on here. We don't need to talk back and forth about a topic that is blatently the obvious.

Enjoy your time here, that's what this board if for. I have definitely gotten in my fair share of message board scraps. Anyway, let it go everyone. We all posted out thoughts on it and that is good.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:21 AM   #64
ZX3TUNR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5452
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ZX3TUNR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thats pretty sweet man. I remember before my SE got totaled I was always wondering about changing the shift knob but the O/D buttin had me stumped..
Old 09-24-2004, 08:17 AM   #65
W~Phoenix~{RC}
FF Bouncer

Fan#: 11450
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Frost Sport Edition ATX

FF Reputation: 1 W~Phoenix~{RC} Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
I'd love to do something to my ATX Shifter Knob b/c the stock is fugly as hell... If I get this mod done, I'll just hook the wires up to an aftermarket switch if that's possible. ^^
Old 09-26-2004, 10:17 AM   #66
PZEV05ZTW
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6903
What I Drive: 2003 2.3 PZEV ZTW Liquid Grey Metallic

FF Reputation: 2 PZEV05ZTW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
here so that everyone isnt confused on how this works ... im sure if you took the time you could do this with an manual shift knob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shifter.gif
Views:	346
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	4012  

Old 09-27-2004, 07:16 AM   #67
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by crazy_urn
simplydomesticsfocus....

please tell me where i said i dont like it? if i remember correctly, each and every post i have made in this thread i have stated it looks cool. (i believe this is the seventh time, for those of you keeping score at home)

i simply pointed out the fact that there is no performance gains. and that point the thread starter stated that "nope see your wrong i thought the same till i shifted it threw the gears manually ... quicker and eassier push shorter for the shifter to go!"

while you may be able to move the stick a little faster. it is still an ATX. there are no performance gains from this mod.

i would love to quit bickering about this, as you suggest. but as long as i am attacked, i will defend myself.

if you have a problem with any of the posts in this thread, there is this nice little link on every single post that says "report this post to a moderator." if you dont want to utilize that link. then [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* off.
Did I say i was talking about you? I didn't specify anyone. i just told people to S T F U. its not worth arguing about it. If you want to get down into nitty gritty bs, fine. Taking what you said, he is able to shift faster. If he is able to move the stick faster, the faster it goes into gear. When the car is put in a lower gear, in an atx, It remains in that gear for long as possible, the same way an mtx stays in gear the only way it goes out of that gear is when you "shift" it. If that happens faster, then there is a performance gain. Will it be really anything incredible, no. You contradict yourself, no performance gain, but you could shift faster

no one attacked you man, we're just saying that whatever, if he thinks theres a gain, then good for him, he likes it, he drives it, if he feels that there was a gain. then thats the way he feels. let it go. its not like your ever going to see him off this board anyways.

if you have a problem with the views and opinions of this thread, there is a button in the top left corner of the screen, its called the back button. If you have a problem with these views, then [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* off
Old 02-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #68
Needz_a_ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20504
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 Needz_a_ZX3 Good Standing Member
awsome.. i like the looks. me will do this mod
Old 02-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #69
Algorhythm

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing MemberAlgorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
When the car is put in a lower gear, in an atx, It remains in that gear for long as possible, the same way an mtx stays in gear the only way it goes out of that gear is when you "shift" it. If that happens faster, then there is a performance gain. Will it be really anything incredible, no. You contradict yourself, no performance gain, but you could shift faster

This puts so much unnecessary wear on the transmission.. if you do this constantly I think you deserve to lose every dollar you're gonna spend on getting it fixed.. this happened in my Jetta.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:37 AM   #70
1badassfoci
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17094
What I Drive: White 4 Dr. Sedan 2.0 Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 1badassfoci Good Standing Member
Hey where did u get ur shift knob? All i can find are the RS-1 Pedals. Cant find any shift knobs?

http://www.facebook.com/focusash

Bookmarks & Social Networks