Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #81
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayshaw91 View Post
That sounds nuts. Seriously, a factory can build 500 new cars a day? That's possible?
Their either building them like crazy (which is not outside the realm of possibility considering that they're being built in Germany), or they've been stockpiling them and they're finally leaving the holding pens.

On another note, I just received a call from a dealership about an hour north of me, and he just said that he had a note that told him to call me. He had no idea why. Anyway, I told him I wanted to test drive a 2012 focus, to which he responded that they should be getting them within the next two-three months! This is a completely different time frame that I was given by a dealership about 15 minutes south of me. They told me two-three weeks, not months.

The confusion goes on....

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #82
kak256
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83961
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 kak256 Good Standing Member
Spoke to my salesman today. Apparently they ordered a twin of my car since there is no rhyme or reason to the order in which they are built and they wanted to get it in as soon as possible. It's built and in transit and should be in next week or the week after. So my guess is that unless your dealer ordered a twin, preorders won't be in until at least mid-April.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #83
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
Again, I'm looking for the middle towards the end of April. Will be happy if sooner but not going to lose any sleep over it right now.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #84
bossstl
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 83756
What I Drive: St. Louis

FF Reputation: 1 bossstl Good Standing Member
Did anyone else receive and email from Ford for their pre-order? I ordered mine on Feb. 6th and last week I got an email from the company thanking me for the order, but still dont have a VIN or an ETA.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #85
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
Nothing here but my dealer didn't ask for my email and I ordered Feb.9.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #86
kak256
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83961
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 kak256 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossstl View Post
Did anyone else receive and email from Ford for their pre-order? I ordered mine on Feb. 6th and last week I got an email from the company thanking me for the order, but still dont have a VIN or an ETA.
No email, but didn't give it to the dealer. Got a Focus coffee mug in the mail, though.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #87
GGnowGTFO
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 81377
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 GGnowGTFO Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossstl View Post
didn't get an email yet, but my dealer did call to ask for my email last week. think he said it was needed for part of the rebate
Old 03-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #88
RedsGT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83174
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 RedsGT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kak256 View Post
Spoke to my salesman today. Apparently they ordered a twin of my car since there is no rhyme or reason to the order in which they are built and they wanted to get it in as soon as possible. It's built and in transit and should be in next week or the week after. So my guess is that unless your dealer ordered a twin, preorders won't be in until at least mid-April.
My dealer did the same thing. Very cool of them.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #89
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
this new focus blows the others out of the water hands down, except for rear seat space haha. There is one thing I want to know from people ordering Focii, are you getting the dual clutch units or manuals?

I dont mean to rag on such a great new car, but I am hearing a lot of bad stuff about both the drivability and the short term durability of these new autos in the fiesta, and even in some magazine testing of the focus. At least one in four reviews on edmunds of the fiesta complained about failing dual clutch units, as well as chattering/burning clutches and replacements in under 6 months of ownership....any thoughts? (on the upside, I havent read a single negative review about the dealer experience in replacing these units)
Old 03-16-2011, 02:13 AM   #90
thegame696911
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83084
What I Drive: 2012 White Metallic Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 thegame696911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
this new focus blows the others out of the water hands down, except for rear seat space haha. There is one thing I want to know from people ordering Focii, are you getting the dual clutch units or manuals?

I dont mean to rag on such a great new car, but I am hearing a lot of bad stuff about both the drivability and the short term durability of these new autos in the fiesta, and even in some magazine testing of the focus. At least one in four reviews on edmunds of the fiesta complained about failing dual clutch units, as well as chattering/burning clutches and replacements in under 6 months of ownership....any thoughts? (on the upside, I havent read a single negative review about the dealer experience in replacing these units)
Stick all the way !

Bookmarks & Social Networks