Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 50 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #491
thegame696911
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Fan#: 83084
Location: Toronto, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 White Metallic Ford Focus SEL

Posts: 55
FF Reputation: 1 thegame696911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
1FAHP3M27CL149039

Just received my VIN today, sticker is not up yet and delievery is TBD. But that's alright I'm just happy to get a VIN at this point.
thegame696911 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #492
FPFTraining
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85083
Location: Woodbridge, VA
What I Drive: 2007 Chevy Avalanche

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 1 FPFTraining Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A VIN! At last! 1FAHP3J29CL145028. Where I do I look for a build date?
FPFTraining is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #493
Carioca23
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85090
Location: Provo, UT
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Titanium Hatch

Posts: 5
FF Reputation: 1 Carioca23 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm new here and glad I found this thread! I ordered my 2012 Kona Blue HB Titanium on Feb 28. Took a long time to get any kind of build date, but now the dealer is saying next week. Ford Customer Service said no ETA and I don't have a VIN at all yet.

Glad to hear people are getting VINs now, and the MFT delay makes sense.

I'm going to bug the dealer for the VIN. Hope they have it.

Anyone know how long after the build date it shows up? I'm in Utah. Rail I think.

As a matter of curiosity, anyone know how long it is from start to finish to build the 2012 Focus?
Carioca23 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #494
Ohuigin
Focus Addict
 
Ohuigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Fan#: 83056
Location: Long Beach, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

Posts: 552
FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carioca23 View Post
I'm new here and glad I found this thread! I ordered my 2012 Kona Blue HB Titanium on Feb 28. Took a long time to get any kind of build date, but now the dealer is saying next week. Ford Customer Service said no ETA and I don't have a VIN at all yet.

Glad to hear people are getting VINs now, and the MFT delay makes sense.

I'm going to bug the dealer for the VIN. Hope they have it.

Anyone know how long after the build date it shows up? I'm in Utah. Rail I think.

As a matter of curiosity, anyone know how long it is from start to finish to build the 2012 Focus?
Welcome! I'm in the same waiting boat as you. My car has been built for over two months, and I'm just waiting for the Little-Engine-that-Could to deliver it.

Well, the answer to your question kinda depends on your definition of "start" and "finish." Technically, and I don't know for sure, but a single 2012 Focus probably doesn't take more than a day to build. I think the Wayne plant is pumping them out by the dozens per day. Emerill probably has more accurate figures, but I'm pretty sure they're moving through that assembly line rather quickly.

But if you're defining "start & finish" as order date and delivery date, then, obviously you're looking at a significantly longer and much more variable timeframe.

Happy waiting!

-B
__________________

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Ohuigin is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #495
mtruland
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84353
Location: Lancaster, NH
What I Drive: 2010 Harley Davidson XL1200C

Posts: 141
FF Reputation: 1 mtruland Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post
Well, the answer to your question kinda depends on your definition of "start" and "finish." Technically, and I don't know for sure, but a single 2012 Focus probably doesn't take more than a day to build. I think the Wayne plant is pumping them out by the dozens per day. Emerill probably has more accurate figures, but I'm pretty sure they're moving through that assembly line rather quickly.
I heard it takes about a day and a half to go from a hunk of metal to the shiny car we get.
mtruland is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #496
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82958
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

Posts: 522
FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carioca23 View Post
I'm new here and glad I found this thread! I ordered my 2012 Kona Blue HB Titanium on Feb 28. Took a long time to get any kind of build date, but now the dealer is saying next week. Ford Customer Service said no ETA and I don't have a VIN at all yet.

Your dealer will have your VIN for sure. You will be in the same boat as the rest of us that have ordered a Titanium. These customer orders are scheduled to be built next week. Lets hope that they get to us within two to three weeks!
DEREKC is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #497
twoplus2
Focus Enthusiast
 
twoplus2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84269
Location: Guelph, Canada
What I Drive: '12 Kona Blue Focus Titantium Sedan

Posts: 107
FF Reputation: 1 twoplus2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
After a LONG wait, my VIN stick is finally generated! :)

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...hp3j26cl144712
twoplus2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #498
Phrogg
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84465
Location: Harrisburg, PA
What I Drive: 2000 Silver Civic DX

Posts: 21
FF Reputation: 1 Phrogg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes got a build date 4/26/11 - but no update on the Ford ETIS site - posted this morning for the sticker. Also I really want that coffee mug....Is there any chance my dealer screwed up the ordering and I'm not getting one, or are they only for the titanium models?

2012 Focus
SEL - Hatch
301A Spec
Moonroof - Sterling Grey
Phrogg is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #499
newmission
Focus Enthusiast
 
newmission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84688
Location: Toledo, OH
What I Drive: YB-MK3-MTX-SE-OG Sport-HB

Posts: 534
FF Reputation: 5 newmission Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPFTraining View Post
A VIN! At last! 1FAHP3J29CL145028. Where I do I look for a build date?
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...HP3J29CL145028

Your build date is 4/28/11, same as mine, (found in the top left corner)
newmission is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #500
Jayshaw91
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83891
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
What I Drive: Crappy Pontiac G6

Posts: 128
FF Reputation: 1 Jayshaw91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogg View Post
Also I really want that coffee mug....Is there any chance my dealer screwed up the ordering and I'm not getting one, or are they only for the titanium models?

2012 Focus
SEL - Hatch
301A Spec
Moonroof - Sterling Grey
Nope... I have an SEL and I got a mug a few days back. Did you order before the pre-order deadline (late Feb?)
Jayshaw91 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.