Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 392 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #3911
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85620
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bob, you are very lucky!!! I was probably the one you were referring to and I think it was because the dealer didn't have allocation and had not sold a high enough volume to get more. I placed the order March 1st, didn't get the VIN until April 12th, car was built on May 2nd and it has now arrived by train at the depot as of May 9th. The dealer got and got it marked "hot", hurry the heck up in other words and I am hoping to have it by tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. It is looking like it will be somewhere around 72 days total. It will be my wife's car and I think that will make a fine Mother's Day present!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #3912
nhemti
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96686
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium - TMB

FF Reputation: 1 nhemti Good Standing Member
Noemi rocks.

She just updated me that my Focus is at the rail head in Ayer, MA and should be at my dealer by Monday.

The anticipation may kill me.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #3913
treoless
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96715
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 treoless Good Standing Member
My FOFO arrived yesterday! Case closed. Too bad I can't take her home until next Tue because I'm travelling for work.

Sterling Gray Titanium HB with 401A/Parking/Winter/Moonroof/Nav/Remote Starter/17" Machined&Painted Wheels

Order: 3/19/2012
VIN: 4/12/2012
Sticker: 4/24/2012
Build: 4/30/2012
ETA: 5/14/2012
Actual Delivery: 5/9/2012
Old 05-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #3914
nhemti
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96686
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium - TMB

FF Reputation: 1 nhemti Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by treoless View Post
My FOFO arrived yesterday! Case closed. Too bad I can't take her home until next Tue because I'm travelling for work.

Sterling Gray Titanium HB with 401A/Parking/Winter/Moonroof/Nav/Remote Starter/17" Machined&Painted Wheels

Order: 3/19/2012
VIN: 4/12/2012
Actual Delivery: 5/9/2012
I mentioned we aren't friends anymore right?

Order: 3/29/2012
VIN: 4/16/2012
Delivery: ?????

Edit: treoless actually rocks. He found that 407097 was listed as Available in Stock on my dealer's website. That car was built the day after mine, my VIN ends in 407098. So, my sales guy has done a walk around to see if it was there and didn't find it. I may have to stop and see for myself if 407097 is actually on the lot. If it is and mine isn't, I may just cry.

Last edited by nhemti; 05-10-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: I lied
Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #3915
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
I just noticed a PM from Noemi and my ETA is a bit later than I expected. My car was built on 5/7 but the ETA is 3 weeks after that -- I was expecting closer to 2 weeks.

Oh well...

Brian
Old 05-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #3916
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I just noticed a PM from Noemi and my ETA is a bit later than I expected. My car was built on 5/7 but the ETA is 3 weeks after that -- I was expecting closer to 2 weeks.

Oh well...

Brian
It could be that it takes longer going out west. It took ours 7 days from build to arrival at depot. Now, we shall see how many days it takes to make it the last 50 miles!! I think 3 weeks would be worst case and 2 weeks might be closer to correct. But, under promise and over deliver!!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #3917
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motowojo View Post
Noemi,I sent you a pm for a status update....thanks.
Hey Motowojo,

I replied to your message; check your inbox when you have a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
PM sent, thanks
TitaniumStick,

Tag, you’re it! I’ll await your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post
My car arrived today :D I got to have a look at her, but she's not ready to go yet :(
Hello rhiannon666,

Thanks for the pictures; she’s stunning! I love the look of the Arctic White trimming.

Quote:
...I'd guess another MFT update is due about September (2012). At the very least it should be fixed before the world ends in December!
I was somewhat concerned about the DCT when I ordered my Ti on 4/14, but the latest update combined with previous updates seem to have put it largely to bed...
Quote:
I just noticed a PM from Noemi and my ETA is a bit later than I expected...
raptor1956,

Another end of the world; I missed that news flash! Oh well, so long as you have the Focus prior to that event. Shoot me another PM for a status update around the 21st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhemti View Post
I am dying for some new info. I sent a PM to Noemi Thursday and haven't heard back. Also stopped by my dealer Monday and they had nothing I didn't already know.
I did find out how they can pull more info and told my sales guy so he can do it for me but he is out today... I can't take it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhemti View Post
Noemi rocks.
She just updated me that my Focus is at the...rail head in Ayer, MA[/URL] and should be at my dealer by Monday. The anticipation may kill me.
Afternoon nhemti,

I know the waiting is difficult, but you need to calm down! Let me know when you’re cruising around in the Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electech View Post
Here are a couple of shots while moving slowly. Didn't want them to come cuff me for "stalking" the place!!!
Quote:
...We don't have ours yet but hoping to have it for this weekend. I'm thinking since it will be my wife's car and this weekend is Mother's Day, it might just workout well!!!
Hey electech,

Uhmmm…..I’m thinking you are stalking the rails! . It’s okay, so long as you don’t move the tracks.

Tell your wife, Happy Mommy’s Day, on my behalf. Don’t forget to post some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty 5.0 View Post
She takes a little bit to get back to you. I'm waiting for an update too. Have the VIN; just don't know where the car is.
Hello Nutty 5.0,

Thank you for your understanding; I appreciate it. I hope you were pleased with the info I sent your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
...Less than 72 hours for a VIN! I read somewhere that someone else had to wait a month for theirs, so I definitely wasn't expecting that.How much time typically between build date and delivery? 3 or 4 weeks?
Hi Bimmer-Bob,

to our forum!

I replied to your message, so check your inbox when you have a chance.

In a perfect world, the time frame between build date and delivery may take anywhere between 3 to 4 weeks. Of course, ETA’s are subject to change in the event of alien life forms abducting the Focus. Please refer all questions to nhemti for explanation on this scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treoless View Post
My FOFO arrived yesterday! Case closed. Too bad I can't take her home until next Tue because I'm travelling for work...
treoless,

Wonderful to know!

Please post pictures, and enjoy the new car smell.

Take care all and have a FANTASTIC weekend!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 05-11-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #3918
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Car was built on Monday (5/7) and the build details have finally shown up in ETIS -- that took a little longer than I was expecting...

Sadly it looks like it will be more than 2 weeks before it's at the dealer -- 3 weeks from the build date...

Brian
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #3919
electech
Focus Enthusiast

I am about to go nuts waiting on this thing!!! It has been at the depot now for 4 days and even the dealer calling and getting them to mark it "hot" didn't help any at all!! I even rode back to the dealer and sit in there talking with all of them and thought maybe it would show up if I "willed it"!! LOL!! Then, they called the depot and asked where the heck it was and they told them Saturday, or possibly overnight!! Good gosh amighty, it is only 35 miles from my house to where the thing is sitting and if I could just go drive it here I would!!! Talk about aggravating!! I think this is appropiate!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKmpk9RObfA
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #3920
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
I am about to go nuts waiting on this thing!!! It has been at the depot now for 4 days and even the dealer calling and getting them to mark it "hot" didn't help any at all!! I even rode back to the dealer and sit in there talking with all of them and thought maybe it would show up if I "willed it"!! LOL!! Then, they called the depot and asked where the heck it was and they told them Saturday, or possibly overnight!! Good gosh amighty, it is only 35 miles from my house to where the thing is sitting and if I could just go drive it here I would!!! Talk about aggravating!! I think this is appropiate!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKmpk9RObfA
I know what you mean, my car was sitting in the plant lot for an entire week after it was built when it only had to go about 12.5 miles from the plant to the dealer, and it was only about 12-15 miles away from the office so I drove past on a friday and I could swear I saw a car that looked suspiciously like mine sitting right along the fence of one of the plant lots, and the wait at that point just drives you absolutely insane, particularly when you were given an ETA of a Sunday when the dealer is closed and no one would be there to accept the car.....

But apparently they had to wait to get a truck load of cars going to the same dealer, it might work differently if your talking about a small volume dealer which is ordering these cars one at a time, but usually if there is a truck load of cars ready to go that helps speed things up apparently.

Bookmarks & Social Networks