Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 390 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #3891
TiStick
Boob Whisperer
 
TiStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96514
Location: Los Banos, CA
What I Drive: LesVagon

Posts: 6,104
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
ETIS just updated for me as well with a 5/7 build date. OK, so where/when do I get a complete break-down of the cars equipment?


Brian
It will populate in ETIS in a few days. You'll click on the "Minor Features" label and a long list will display.
__________________
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
TiStick is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #3892
raptor1956
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97725
Location: Taylorsville, UT
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

Posts: 1,204
FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
It will populate in ETIS in a few days. You'll click on the "Minor Features" label and a long list will display.
OK, it will show up in ETIS but it will take a couple days -- got it!

Any word on how long for your second order?


Brian
raptor1956 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #3893
F'nClassy
Eh!
 
F'nClassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97270
Location: Brantford, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

Posts: 11,225
FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My car arrived today :D I got to have a look at her, but she's not ready to go yet :(
__________________
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
F'nClassy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #3894
TiStick
Boob Whisperer
 
TiStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96514
Location: Los Banos, CA
What I Drive: LesVagon

Posts: 6,104
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
OK, it will show up in ETIS but it will take a couple days -- got it!

Any word on how long for your second order?


Brian
Build date in week of 5/21. Don't know when after that it's 251 mile journey will be complete, or how long the dealer will need for prep. If my luck holds, it'll probably get pulled for a factory QC test.
__________________
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
TiStick is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #3895
raptor1956
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97725
Location: Taylorsville, UT
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

Posts: 1,204
FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
Build date in week of 5/21. Don't know when after that it's 251 mile journey will be complete, or how long the dealer will need for prep. If my luck holds, it'll probably get pulled for a factory QC test.

No, us late season buyers have benefited from all the grief the early season buyers went through and now most of the bugs have been worked out -- except for MFT. Judging by the recent statements from Ford on the MFT issue they have it as a high priority so hopefully they will get that straightened out more or less the way they seem to have addressed the DCT problems. I'd guess another MFT update is due about September (2012). At the very least it should be fixed before the world ends in December!

I was somewhat concerned about the DCT when I ordered my Ti on 4/14, but the latest update combined with previous updates seem to have put it largely to bed.


Brian
raptor1956 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #3896
TiStick
Boob Whisperer
 
TiStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96514
Location: Los Banos, CA
What I Drive: LesVagon

Posts: 6,104
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
No, us late season buyers have benefited from all the grief the early season buyers went through and now most of the bugs have been worked out -- except for MFT. Judging by the recent statements from Ford on the MFT issue they have it as a high priority so hopefully they will get that straightened out more or less the way they seem to have addressed the DCT problems. I'd guess another MFT update is due about September (2012). At the very least it should be fixed before the world ends in December!

I was somewhat concerned about the DCT when I ordered my Ti on 4/14, but the latest update combined with previous updates seem to have put it largely to bed.


Brian
I test drove a couple DCT's, my dealer didn't have a single MT on the lot. I have no idea if it's issues are driver related or software related, but I suspect it's a little of both. Hopefully Ford will get it sorted, as I get older I see more non-clutches in my future.
__________________
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
TiStick is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #3897
electech
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85620
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 312
FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
We had an earlier build unit back in late Feb., a Titanium Hatch in the exact color we wanted. I didn't experience any problems with the DCT in it either. It had almost 1000 miles on it when we picked it up and then I drove it about 200 miles. The only thing that had me wondering about it was on light throttle take off from a stop, the early shift made a rattling sound like an exhaust shield was loose. I didn't know anything about DCT problems then, had not read one thing, so I was driving it just like a normal automatic. Felt great and helped make our mind up this was what we wanted. We did notice the MFT was slow to respond, but again, had not read up on the Focus yet. Let's hope the later ones are cured. Ours is on a train somewhere between Va. and NC right now!!
electech is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #3898
raptor1956
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97725
Location: Taylorsville, UT
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

Posts: 1,204
FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by electech View Post
We had an earlier build unit back in late Feb., a Titanium Hatch in the exact color we wanted. I didn't experience any problems with the DCT in it either. It had almost 1000 miles on it when we picked it up and then I drove it about 200 miles. The only thing that had me wondering about it was on light throttle take off from a stop, the early shift made a rattling sound like an exhaust shield was loose. I didn't know anything about DCT problems then, had not read one thing, so I was driving it just like a normal automatic. Felt great and helped make our mind up this was what we wanted. We did notice the MFT was slow to respond, but again, had not read up on the Focus yet. Let's hope the later ones are cured. Ours is on a train somewhere between Va. and NC right now!!
Mine was built yesterday so it should be on a train by the end of the week (I hope). If all goes as it should I will be hitting the road in my new Titanium by about 5/23 or so. I just hope my company doesn't have me on the road and away from home when it's ready for pickup...


Brian
raptor1956 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #3899
electech
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85620
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 312
FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Mine was built yesterday so it should be on a train by the end of the week (I hope). If all goes as it should I will be hitting the road in my new Titanium by about 5/23 or so. I just hope my company doesn't have me on the road and away from home when it's ready for pickup...


Brian
Our Titanium was built last Wednesday and rolled in on the steel horse tonight!!!! Still on the train at the delivery point and it rained like a monsoon tonight!! I have to go right by the big depot tomorrow morning, maybe I will throw a wave toward it!!! Hopefully they will get her loaded up and to the dealer, about 50 miles away, by the end of the week!! It has at least arrived in the area. I'm feeling plum giddy!!!
electech is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #3900
raptor1956
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97725
Location: Taylorsville, UT
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

Posts: 1,204
FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by electech View Post
Our Titanium was built last Wednesday and rolled in on the steel horse tonight!!!! Still on the train at the delivery point and it rained like a monsoon tonight!! I have to go right by the big depot tomorrow morning, maybe I will throw a wave toward it!!! Hopefully they will get her loaded up and to the dealer, about 50 miles away, by the end of the week!! It has at least arrived in the area. I'm feeling plum giddy!!!
How did you track the shipment?


Brian
raptor1956 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.