Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 390 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #3891
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
ETIS just updated for me as well with a 5/7 build date. OK, so where/when do I get a complete break-down of the cars equipment?

Brian
It will populate in ETIS in a few days. You'll click on the "Minor Features" label and a long list will display.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #3892
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
It will populate in ETIS in a few days. You'll click on the "Minor Features" label and a long list will display.
OK, it will show up in ETIS but it will take a couple days -- got it!

Any word on how long for your second order?

Brian
Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #3893
F'nClassy
Eh!

Fan#: 97270
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
My car arrived today :D I got to have a look at her, but she's not ready to go yet :(
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #3894
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Quote:
OK, it will show up in ETIS but it will take a couple days -- got it!

Any word on how long for your second order?

Brian
Build date in week of 5/21. Don't know when after that it's 251 mile journey will be complete, or how long the dealer will need for prep. If my luck holds, it'll probably get pulled for a factory QC test.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Watch out for the D
Old 05-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #3895
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
Build date in week of 5/21. Don't know when after that it's 251 mile journey will be complete, or how long the dealer will need for prep. If my luck holds, it'll probably get pulled for a factory QC test.

No, us late season buyers have benefited from all the grief the early season buyers went through and now most of the bugs have been worked out -- except for MFT. Judging by the recent statements from Ford on the MFT issue they have it as a high priority so hopefully they will get that straightened out more or less the way they seem to have addressed the DCT problems. I'd guess another MFT update is due about September (2012). At the very least it should be fixed before the world ends in December!

I was somewhat concerned about the DCT when I ordered my Ti on 4/14, but the latest update combined with previous updates seem to have put it largely to bed.

Brian
Old 05-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #3896
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Quote:
No, us late season buyers have benefited from all the grief the early season buyers went through and now most of the bugs have been worked out -- except for MFT. Judging by the recent statements from Ford on the MFT issue they have it as a high priority so hopefully they will get that straightened out more or less the way they seem to have addressed the DCT problems. I'd guess another MFT update is due about September (2012). At the very least it should be fixed before the world ends in December!

I was somewhat concerned about the DCT when I ordered my Ti on 4/14, but the latest update combined with previous updates seem to have put it largely to bed.

Brian
I test drove a couple DCT's, my dealer didn't have a single MT on the lot. I have no idea if it's issues are driver related or software related, but I suspect it's a little of both. Hopefully Ford will get it sorted, as I get older I see more non-clutches in my future.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Watch out for the D
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #3897
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85620
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
We had an earlier build unit back in late Feb., a Titanium Hatch in the exact color we wanted. I didn't experience any problems with the DCT in it either. It had almost 1000 miles on it when we picked it up and then I drove it about 200 miles. The only thing that had me wondering about it was on light throttle take off from a stop, the early shift made a rattling sound like an exhaust shield was loose. I didn't know anything about DCT problems then, had not read one thing, so I was driving it just like a normal automatic. Felt great and helped make our mind up this was what we wanted. We did notice the MFT was slow to respond, but again, had not read up on the Focus yet. Let's hope the later ones are cured. Ours is on a train somewhere between Va. and NC right now!!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #3898
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by electech View Post
We had an earlier build unit back in late Feb., a Titanium Hatch in the exact color we wanted. I didn't experience any problems with the DCT in it either. It had almost 1000 miles on it when we picked it up and then I drove it about 200 miles. The only thing that had me wondering about it was on light throttle take off from a stop, the early shift made a rattling sound like an exhaust shield was loose. I didn't know anything about DCT problems then, had not read one thing, so I was driving it just like a normal automatic. Felt great and helped make our mind up this was what we wanted. We did notice the MFT was slow to respond, but again, had not read up on the Focus yet. Let's hope the later ones are cured. Ours is on a train somewhere between Va. and NC right now!!
Mine was built yesterday so it should be on a train by the end of the week (I hope). If all goes as it should I will be hitting the road in my new Titanium by about 5/23 or so. I just hope my company doesn't have me on the road and away from home when it's ready for pickup...

Brian
Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #3899
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85620
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
Quote:
Mine was built yesterday so it should be on a train by the end of the week (I hope). If all goes as it should I will be hitting the road in my new Titanium by about 5/23 or so. I just hope my company doesn't have me on the road and away from home when it's ready for pickup...

Brian
Our Titanium was built last Wednesday and rolled in on the steel horse tonight!!!! Still on the train at the delivery point and it rained like a monsoon tonight!! I have to go right by the big depot tomorrow morning, maybe I will throw a wave toward it!!! Hopefully they will get her loaded up and to the dealer, about 50 miles away, by the end of the week!! It has at least arrived in the area. I'm feeling plum giddy!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #3900
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by electech View Post
Our Titanium was built last Wednesday and rolled in on the steel horse tonight!!!! Still on the train at the delivery point and it rained like a monsoon tonight!! I have to go right by the big depot tomorrow morning, maybe I will throw a wave toward it!!! Hopefully they will get her loaded up and to the dealer, about 50 miles away, by the end of the week!! It has at least arrived in the area. I'm feeling plum giddy!!!
How did you track the shipment?

Brian

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->