Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 39 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #381
mtruland
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84353
What I Drive: 2010 Harley Davidson XL1200C

FF Reputation: 1 mtruland Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayshaw91 View Post
Emerrill, any explanation in to why a 303A SEL hatch with MFT, 17" alloy wheels, and the arctic white seats may be in a material hold or anything? Ordered 1/31 and dealer has zero info. Anything in my order slowing it down? Are the Titanium's higher priority? You seem to be the inside man... =)
OK, I think your issue might be with an allocation issue at the dealer. It's the only thing that would make sense to me. Each dealer is only allocated a specific number of each vehicle each week (in a complicated algorithm). My dealer was allocated ONE focus in week 14 (last week), and my car, being a retail order, was the one that was given a VIN. The dealer might be playing it down, saying they don't know what's going on with the order, but in reality, there's probably a simple reason for the issue. Each number is alloted a certain number of these cars, in an effort to spread the vehicles out evenly.

Ask for a copy of your DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). It's a document stating that the car order was received by Ford. In addition, ask to see a copy of the order summary for 2012 Focuses, with your order number in the queue. If there are no holds, the order should say "Clean/Unscheduled". You can also ask to see what allocation they have for rigs, and go from there.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #382
Jayshaw91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83891
What I Drive: Crappy Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 Jayshaw91 Good Standing Member
Good call on the allocation. Dealer has 28 total available/on order according to dealer online inventory. That's quite a few cars, so it stands to reason that you could be right.

Maybe that's why my dealer means when he keeps saying he's trying to increase the priority, i.e. get my car done before some stock order is done?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #383
emerrill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83959
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5dr Titanium Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 2 emerrill Good Standing Member
Quote:
Good call on the allocation. Dealer has 28 total available/on order according to dealer online inventory. That's quite a few cars, so it stands to reason that you could be right.

Maybe that's why my dealer means when he keeps saying he's trying to increase the priority, i.e. get my car done before some stock order is done?
If it is a Retail order as it should be, then it will always have a lower (better) priority then Stock cars. Stock cars get 20+, Retail get 10-19.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #384
Jayshaw91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83891
What I Drive: Crappy Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 Jayshaw91 Good Standing Member
It is a 10.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #385
emerrill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83959
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5dr Titanium Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 2 emerrill Good Standing Member
Quote:
It is a 10.
That is the best you can get without a Zone Manager changing it to a lower number.

So they got no allocations this week, they were all used with other priority 10 vehicles, or there is some hold for that vehicle that we are unaware of. Or some other Ford scheduling magic got in the way...
Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #386
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Do the dual-colored leather sports seats come from the same company? Perhaps their is a back-order here.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #387
Phrogg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84465
What I Drive: 2000 Silver Civic DX

FF Reputation: 1 Phrogg Good Standing Member
Yes - got my Vin Today # 1FAHP3M2XCL144899
I was told it was locked in - but not scheduled. Whatever that means....
Old 04-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #388
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
OK, I just heard from the Ford Coustmer Service person here in the site. She gave me my Vin.,same as the dealer told me, but unlike what my dealer had said, my cars build date is April 25.

Phrogg, Think that means your clean and green, that is, everything has been approved but not scheduled for production yet.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #389
twoplus2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84269
What I Drive: '12 Kona Blue Focus Titantium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 twoplus2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobird View Post
OK, I just heard from the Ford Coustmer Service person here in the site. She gave me my Vin.,same as the dealer told me, but unlike what my dealer had said, my cars build date is April 25.

Phrogg, Think that means your clean and green, that is, everything has been approved but not scheduled for production yet.

All titanium builds are built the week of April 25th.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #390
WolfpackFan
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 81860
What I Drive: 1996 Mazda Miata

FF Reputation: 1 WolfpackFan Good Standing Member
WoooHooo - finally got a VIN today of 1FAHP3N20CL144926 . I've tried to get a build date from this based on some links in this thread but must be doing something wrong. Can someone please take this VIN and get me a build date or even a window sticker. My car is a Titanium hatch which of course includes MFT. I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.