Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 362 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #3611
coaster zombie
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94183
What I Drive: 2003 Taurus Centennial

FF Reputation: 1 coaster zombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^ At some point before the build date, basic info shows up in ETIS. Mine shows that it's a Focus and little more. Within a couple days of the actual build is when ETIS really gets filled in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #3612
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88165
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kelscar Good Standing Member
plug your VIN into the window sticker link that I posted a few posts back.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #3613
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpadge View Post
Your dealer needs to give you the vin# when it is available. When you get that add it to the link below after the =. I will take a few days

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...icker.pdf?vin=
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelscar View Post
plug your VIN into the window sticker link that I posted a few posts back.
This one? I tried it, but it gave me an error.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #3614
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumGero View Post
This one? I tried it, but it gave me an error.
Either the one Arpadge posted or the one that I did. For mine you need to substitue your own VIN for the one in the link.

If you get an error, it might be too soon and you window sticker may have not been generated yet. Try again in a few days.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #3615
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
I sent a PM to Noemi, but I thought I would ask here as well.

I ordered my Titanium in January, I just got an updated ETA from Noemi. My delivery got pushed back till 04-03-12, one day after the cash back offer I am using expires, and 3 days after my $500 brochure coupon expires. Can the dealer honor these after expiration?

If I would have known it would take 10+ weeks to take delivery (dealer said 8 weeks max) I would have not ordered a vehicle.
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #3616
jamesthebikeguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94188
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jamesthebikeguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
I sent a PM to Noemi, but I thought I would ask here as well.

I ordered my Titanium in January, I just got an updated ETA from Noemi. My delivery got pushed back till 04-03-12, one day after the cash back offer I am using expires, and 3 days after my $500 brochure coupon expires. Can the dealer honor these after expiration?

If I would have known it would take 10+ weeks to take delivery (dealer said 8 weeks max) I would have not ordered a vehicle.
Be interesting to see how they handle it. I was told 6-8weeks. It took a little over 9 to get my car.

However, all my rebates and such carried over the 2 months later that I picked my vehicle up. I am fairly certain the rebates are at time of sale?

None the less I am with you had I know it would take that long I would not have ordered the car. Now that I own the car and love it, Im sure I would wait for one again!

Good luck let us know what the outcome is.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #3617
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post

I know the feeling, it was 12 weeks for me. The dealers are supposed to be able to lock in your rebates at time of order, although mine didn't. But as luck would have it, my incentives ended up being better at delivery anyway. As for the coupon, even though my delivery was still a month away, I dropped it off the day before it expired and they honored it. Both of these issues seem highly variable from dealer to dealer though, based on reports from other people.

On the date...it is entirely possible that will change again. Ours ended up being a week early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthebikeguy View Post
None the less I am with you had I know it would take that long I would not have ordered the car. Now that I own the car and love it, Im sure I would wait for one again!
^^^X2.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #3618
LoganK
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95336
What I Drive: 2008 Scion xD

FF Reputation: 1 LoganK Good Standing Member
Ordered February 28th, went into production last week, expected delivery April 12th. Perhaps there was a brief backlog or the cars are built only sporadically?

(One dealer last year promised me three weeks from order to delivery, but I knew he couldn't be right about that.)

I didn't get anything in writing locking in incentives. For those that have locked rebates, did you receive anything?
Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #3619
coaster zombie
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94183
What I Drive: 2003 Taurus Centennial

FF Reputation: 1 coaster zombie Good Standing Member
The way my dealer explained it to me, and the way we did it, was this. He said that if do the paperwork during the incentive period, you have effectively locked in any pricing at the time. They cannot charge you any more than that when the car comes in. However, if any newer incentives happen to pop up, you would be eligible for those as well. I'm not sure if this is standard procedure, since it seems strange to me. Nonetheless, I was assured that I can still back out of the purchase for any reason and the deposit will be refundable.

As for build order, there are numerous variables that come into play. The biggest are probably allocation, priority, and part availability.

For allocation, Ford performs some calculations based on previous years' sales figures. So, those dealers that sold the most of a particular model will be allocated more units to purchase for every X amount of time (I think it is per month?). Those dealers that sold the least of a particular model are allocated the least. The idea is to make it fair, though that is highly debatable. If you want to learn more about the allocation process, I'm sure we'll have others chime in, or just do a quick Google search on "Ford allocation".

Priority is another funny thing. It is a factor, 1-100, used to determine which units get built first. If I recall correctly, units can be given a priority both on a dealer and regional level.

At the dealer level, priority, then at the same priority level order date, determines which of a dealer's orders is filled first. Generally these default to 10. If it is a rush order vs. other dealer orders, the priority can be set below 10. Actually, I'm not entirely sure a dealer can set it below 10.

At the regional level, an order from one dealer can take priority over all other orders. This is generally when a previous customer order gets messed up and a reorder is necessary. It is rare, and one should not go into a dealer asking to be bumped to a priority 1.

Lastly is parts availability. As much as anyone can try to have just the right stock on hand, it is always possible to have shortages. Suppliers occasionally produce defective parts that have to be reworked and reproduced before Ford gets more in. Any units ordered that need something not on hand will be delayed in favor of orders that can be built exactly as ordered. I believe there was an issue earlier in the 2012 MY where a component of winter package was out, thus delaying all cars ordered with winter.

After production, there are always possible delays. Say the factory finds a defective supplier component before sending out your unit, they will take it back in and fix it before sending it out. There are also random road test units (or so they say...) that get up to an extra hundred miles put on them.

All of these factors and more can drastically alter both your build date and subsequent delivery to dealer date.

For what it is worth, I ordered 29.2.12 with a build date of 19.3.12 (Monday) and ETA of 26.3.12 (Monday).. That's 26 days from order date to dealer receipt an hour, under four weeks, which is well within tolerance. Of course I live about an hour away from Michigan Assembly, so delivery to Mesa, AZ, will naturally take an extra week or two. If there have been any delays recently, it was likely an allocation, priority, or part shortage issue.

The wait actually has not been as painful as I imagined. I am still in shock that I will soon be driving around in a 2012 Focus SEL. :)
Old 03-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #3620
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

^^^Good post. I think that sums it up fairly well.

Bookmarks & Social Networks