Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 320 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #3191
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm in Canada, waiting for the last stretch... Just mere hours away
Posted via FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #3192
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Watching a train go by and just hoping lol, wishful thinking at it's best. I'd be happy with a saturday delivery.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 10-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #3193
NorthernFocalPoint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89496
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Titanium Focus HB

FF Reputation: 3 NorthernFocalPoint Good Standing Member
Don't be lazy now, just look up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickm View Post
Hello all,

I was provided today my Focus vin : 1FAHP3H25CL268864

I understand that with the Window Sticker, you can get an ETA on the delivery of this said car. I am researching this now. If you have a method on how to do so, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your time,

Christian
Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #3194
NorthernFocalPoint
Focus Enthusiast

Exclamation things to check for

Btw, I picked mine up and overall I'm happy with the car's performance (my 25min. drive into work averaged 40MPG according to the trip computer with 90% highway/10% city varying speeds on the highway from 100-116km/h but not driving aggressively ).

However (and I'll post pics later),

things that I noticed on my car and that you may want to check for on yours:

1. the exterior rubber liner along the windshield on the driver's side was "wrinkled/creased/folded in a bit" when applied in one spot and was glued in place that way.

2. Found the identical "default"/"damage" in two places on the rear bumper. seems that the paint was scratched/scraped away at a corner on both the left and right sides right where the piece ends at the taillamp. Not sure if this is a factory error or a delivery/shipping error. Either way this will be a prime rust area if not addressed/fixed.

3. I ordered mine with NAV and the dealer tried to install it while I was there (they had the car since last Wednesday and forgot about it I see) but the card was defective and they couldn't get access to the other ones and will be sending me a new one (I'm ok with that I think).

4. I made the mistake of having them tint the car and because of their lack of preparing the car before I picked it up yesterday, I suspect that they ran around to get the car tinted at the last second and drove it further away to get it done. My car had 60km. on it and the "full" tank was only at 3/4 of a tank. Not impressed as I factory ordered this car and the salesguy tried to tell me that Ford can deliver a new car with upto 100km and a "full tank of gas" is anything over half a tank. Yes I know that some cars are "tested" before hand but the kms and the gas together point to a different explanation. Because of the tint job, I also didn't get to keep my window sticker (that was my fault) - I would have liked to have kept that to stick in my records. Oh well, I'll just print off the .pdf version.

Car looks great though and I'm looking forward to cleaning it up this weekend when it's a bit warmer/sunnier here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
Watching a train go by and just hoping lol, wishful thinking at it's best. I'd be happy with a saturday delivery.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 10-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #3195
crickm
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90529
What I Drive: Blue Toyota Matrix Xr 2011

FF Reputation: 1 crickm Good Standing Member
I did actually !

Went on Ford Etis (www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do) and got the generic build date :

Build Date: 30.11.0002

Per my verifications, this means the car has not been built yet and this date will eventually be updated with a "real" build date.

Nice car really, can't wait to get it.

Thanks,

Christian
Old 10-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #3196
Chewybacca14
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89806
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Chewybacca14 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I did actually !

Went on Ford Etis (www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do) and got the generic build date :

Per my verifications, this means the car has not been built yet and this date will eventually be updated with a "real" build date.

Thanks,

Christian
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...cker.aspx?vin=

enter ur vin into the end of that site. It wont show a window sticker until somewhere around a week prior to your build date (your dealer can tell you this date or you can wait till the sticker shows on the page and the top right of the window sticker will show you your build date, just remove the"1" from in front of the number). Example - 120111007 would be 2011-Oct-07. Hope this helps!

I think this is what the person above was saying to look at. Your window sticker will tell you how your car will be transported. Mine says convoy. Other people around where I live said there's was delivered via semi and their sticker said convoy. Not sure about how to track it though :-/
Old 10-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #3197
NorthernFocalPoint
Focus Enthusiast

I'd say you're still a bit early - give it a day or two for them to schedule the build. I know it's tough but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!! (Don't forget yourself some mandatory winter tires!) ;)

Quote:
I did actually !

Thanks,

Christian
Old 10-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #3198
crickm
Focus Rookie

Thanks Chewybacca14. Indeed, I wil give it a few days so that the date gets populated.

Christian
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #3199
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I did actually !

Thanks,

Christian
The window sticker will give you a real build (build start) date. ETIS won't populate until the car is completely built (which is a good thing, once you see the ETIS info, you know your car is done). Another trick is to go register your account at syncmyride. If you get an error about your version of sync, it has not started. If you get version info about sync, it is in the works.

I, and a lot of us that have been through this, know it is tough and patience is hard in that you want to be checking all of the time but these are some things you can look at --> window sticker gives build date, syncmyride tells you the build has really begun, ETIS tells you build is complete.

Best of luck!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #3200
crickm
Focus Rookie

Great details, thanks copernicium112. I am currently registering on syncmyride tonight.

Indeed, this does alleviate the wait knowing there's empathy for the exact same waiting all of us have endured in getting the car WE WANT !

Thanks again,

Christian

Bookmarks & Social Networks