Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 309 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #3081
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's a quick shot of my new beauty. I sat in her for 45 minutes playing with everything to make sure it all works and I'm happy to say it does. The only thing I had trouble with was getting the ambient lighting to work. It could have been me but even with my headlights on I just couldn't tell that anything was happening. I told my sales guy to look into it. Besides that very minor hiccup, I'm ecstatic. I drove it around the block while sitting on the plastic. It drove like a dream. I can't wait for the pickup on tuesday.

For the record, it had 6 km on it.

I'll post more pics later once I pick it up for good and get the windows tinted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #3082
justy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85598
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Plat White HB!

FF Reputation: 1 justy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Here's a quick shot of my new beauty. I sat in her for 45 minutes playing with everything to make sure it all works and I'm happy to say it does. The only thing I had trouble with was getting the ambient lighting to work. It could have been me but even with my headlights on I just couldn't tell that anything was happening. I told my sales guy to look into it. Besides that very minor hiccup, I'm ecstatic. I drove it around the block while sitting on the plastic. It drove like a dream. I can't wait for the pickup on tuesday.

I'll post more pics later once I pick it up for good and get the windows tinted.
awesome! and my ambient lighting works fine...even if the headlights are on it still won't show up until it's dark outside. it must use the light sensors to make it activate.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #3083
blackraven456
Focus Addict

^^^ yeah, just read back in some old threads and kinda figured that out. Now I can't wait to drive it again - this time in the dark...lol
Old 09-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #3084
NorthernFocalPoint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89496
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Titanium Focus HB

FF Reputation: 3 NorthernFocalPoint Good Standing Member
Ahhh very nice looking Black Beauty! Congrats!

(btw, which dealership is that in T.O.? Mine's due in next wk - fingers crossed which would make it 27 days from order if the date holds)

Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #3085
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
The only thing I had trouble with was getting the ambient lighting to work. It could have been me but even with my headlights on I just couldn't tell that anything was happening. I told my sales guy to look into it.
Don't know if this helps or not but when I first got mine I couldn't get it to work either. Sitting out in the driveway in the dark, not moving, with the headlights on and no matter how many times I pressed the button, nothing changed. Not like it is a complicated process or anything, a simple button press. Flash forward to a couple of nights and we were coming home from some friends and I "let" my wife drive it (I say let because I had a few beers and was being responsible) and since she was driving, I was playing around. I hit the button and the color changed. Don't know if it has anything to do with being on the move but it worked for the first time. Now, after it worked the first time while moving I can change it while sitting still also. Not doing anyhting different than when I was trying the first time and it wouldn't work. Just hitting a button! Crazy I know but you might want to give it a try.

Nice looking car. I'd imagine you are anxiously awaiting Tuesday!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #3086
justy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85598
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Plat White HB!

FF Reputation: 1 justy Good Standing Member
one thing i don't understand about the ambient lighting...i remember people saying they were too bright even at the lowest setting...........................................
at the lowest setting mine i can barely even see even in pitch black.

do these people have cat eyes or something???
Old 09-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #3087
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFocalPoint View Post
Ahhh very nice looking Black Beauty! Congrats!

(btw, which dealership is that in T.O.? Mine's due in next wk - fingers crossed which would make it 27 days from order if the date holds)
It's actually Colony Ford in Brampton. - As for the ambient lighting, guess I'll just have to wait and see. It DID work when I opened the door or hit the search light button. At least the cup holder and door handles did. It was too bright to see the foot wells. Im sure it's just the lighting sensor telling it not to turn on cause it wasn't dark out yet.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #3088
thefro
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87593
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 thefro Good Standing Member
Quote:
It's actually Colony Ford in Brampton. - As for the ambient lighting, guess I'll just have to wait and see. It DID work when I opened the door or hit the search light button. At least the cup holder and door handles did. It was too bright to see the foot wells. Im sure it's just the lighting sensor telling it not to turn on cause it wasn't dark out yet.
Yeah, it's the lighting sensor... wait until it's dark or take a piece of paper and cover up it up (it's on the dash above the center console).

My sales guy spent about 15 minutes trying trying show it to me until we figured that out.
Build Date 9/1 - ETA 9/12
Arrived 9/10 - Picked up 9/16
Old 09-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #3089
Methalius
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 27481
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Methalius Good Standing Member
I ordered mine on Wednesday morning. Titanium, Hatchback, Ingot Silver Metallic . 401A. Winter Package, Moonroof, Nav & 17" Machined and Painted Alloy Wheels. I received my VIN today. I should have an expected delivery date Monday....
Old 09-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #3090
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdK71 View Post
I meant set you car's features, you know like whether or not you have MFT or just regular Sync. Once your car is built the MFT/Sync version will appear on the website. No specific car build info is there but at least you know the Sync unit registered to you VIN has been activated.
Understood, thanks.

I was curious because Etis still shows very little info and the build date is 9/20/2011 in Etis and on the window sticker. Was hoping Etis would show minor features by now...

Bookmarks & Social Networks