Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 296 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #2951
BigJay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88323
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatch SEL, sonic blue

FF Reputation: 1 BigJay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJTX View Post
if you are talking about traking it on the train .. the anwer I have come up with is NO because it is not turned on during transport
Awwww shit, i was hoping my car turned into knight rider and started telling me it's position :P Time for me to wake up lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #2952
Chewybacca14
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89806
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Chewybacca14 Good Standing Member
I called and got the DORA faxed and it was posted on August 3rd..and he called today and they said that there are no parts on backorder for my car..so why are the cars behind me in line getting pulled ahead of me? My priority number was 13..but changed to 11..idk what to think or do. I feel like after 6 weeks someone in the Ford MoCo should be able to tell me something.. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFocalPoint View Post
I would ask for a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) - once I got that I was able to find everything else out because the VIN was already on it!

You never know if the dealer did things correctly so best to be cautious and make sure they're not jerking you around. If they actually submitted the order then Ford should at least have confirmed it (the DORA will also show that order was submitted with the options you requested).
Old 09-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #2953
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Wasn't it kinda obvious? When I did it, one had a pic of my ford touch, and the other one didn't...lol hmmmmm.
Not really, because I have never seen one, AND when I picked the left hand side it said Radio / Nav and while I have MFT, I don't have Nav so it was a little confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Awwww shit, i was hoping my car turned into knight rider and started telling me it's position :P Time for me to wake up lol
LOL that would be pretty damn cool if it did. Mine is supposed to be built this week but the date in ETIS is still set on the default.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #2954
firescue0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89459
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 firescue0 Good Standing Member
Focus came in today! But i have to wait till thursday to pick it up. I just passed it and saw it sitting there. Ah!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #2955
thefro
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87593
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 thefro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewybacca14 View Post
I called and got the DORA faxed and it was posted on August 3rd..and he called today and they said that there are no parts on backorder for my car..so why are the cars behind me in line getting pulled ahead of me? My priority number was 13..but changed to 11..idk what to think or do. I feel like after 6 weeks someone in the Ford MoCo should be able to tell me something.. :(
Send a PM to FordCustomerService on this forum with a screenshot of your DORA (or at least what options you got and what the dealer's name is). Natasha there should be able to help you get the VIN or at least an estimate on how long it will be before you have a VIN.
Build Date 9/1 - ETA 9/12
Arrived 9/10 - Picked up 9/16
Old 09-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #2956
BigJay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88323
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatch SEL, sonic blue

FF Reputation: 1 BigJay Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewybacca14 View Post
If it makes you feel better after 6 weeks with no updates from my dealer i contacted ford customer service (aka natasha) and gave her my info, i got my VIN at that point, which gave me my window sticker which gave me my build date :) try that
Old 09-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #2957
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro View Post
Send a PM to FordCustomerService on this forum with a screenshot of your DORA (or at least what options you got and what the dealer's name is). Natasha there should be able to help you get the VIN or at least an estimate on how long it will be before you have a VIN.
You don't even need an image, just giver her the dealer number and time/date, that is how she found mine
Old 09-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #2958
Focus_Freek
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88306
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Focus_Freek Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
My ETA was 9/5 (two weeks after build date completion) and was bumped back an additional 2-3 weeks. No one at Ford has been willing to mention anything about delays or inspections, where did you hear this from?

Just keep calling and harassing them, it's their job to answer your questions though unfortunately they don't seem to tell them anything at costumer service. They can only answer your questions as far as what they're given on a queue sheet. They have no idea about inspections until someone higher decides they should know.
Mine also had an ETA of 9/5 then it was jumped to 9/12 now it's 9/17. It's sad when it takes just as long to get it as it did to build it. Especially when it's only 14 hours from there to me here. I just hope i get to drive it before it gets put up for it's winter nap....
Old 09-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #2959
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Freek View Post
Mine also had an ETA of 9/5 then it was jumped to 9/12 now it's 9/17. It's sad when it takes just as long to get it as it did to build it. Especially when it's only 14 hours from there to me here. I just hope i get to drive it before it gets put up for it's winter nap....
Oh hey haven't heard from you in awhile, I thought you were off enjoying your car. Glad I'm not alone. (Misery loves company)

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 09-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #2960
focus12black
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87853
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Black Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 focus12black Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
That's called quality control. 1 in every 100 cars (or whatever number, I don't know) is inspected and test driven. If you car has been chosen for this it should have some kind of notice on it when you take delivery, as well a few extra miles. This shouldn't delay your shipping terribly.

But where did you hear about engine problems?
I talked to my dealer several times today. It looks like it's not a routine inspection. Ford is sending a field engineer because the dealer in S.A. can't figure out what's wrong with it. From what my dealer has told me, my car has an electrical issue that is causing the engine to stall. I hope no one else if having this sort of problem.

After talking with Ford Customer Service, it sounds like Ford still shows an ETA of 8/29 and so they are increasing the priority on the car. Has anyone faced a similar issue where the ETA is over two weeks past due?

Bookmarks & Social Networks