Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 280 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #2791
mustlovefocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88088
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 mustlovefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This is my first car order but agree that there is some disconnect with the ford order process. I would be nice if there were a site to track everything once you have an order number. I didn't think the wait would drive me this crazy. I am now checking ETIS multiple times a day, it was updated with a build date of 9/1 today.
I really can't complain though. My salesman told me 6 - 8 weeks and I got an ETA today of 9/5 from Ford Customer Service but I believe this may be to the train depot. My salesman told me 9/13 which would be 7 weeks from order date.
I feel for the Canada folks, it does seem to take their orders longer. Be patient we must have all really wanted our cars and it will be worth the wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Silver SEL HB, 303A Prem Pkg, Nav, Sun Roof, Winter Pkg, Sill Plates, Ex Prot Pkg
Ordered 7/27
Vin 8/11
Window Sticker 8/25
Build Date 8/31
Delivery Date TBD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #2792
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Just got a PM from Natasha, she told me my car should enter production next week, but no firm date, no window sticker yet.

I'm guessing I'm going to be one of those guys who gets his sticker the day the thing is built.
Admittedly it is odd that if it were really to be built next week they can't give you a specific date. My dealership gave me a "build week" about a month before it was built and Natasha gave me a specific build day about two weeks before it was built. I can tell you from my experience on this thread and the behavior of my car and several others that were in the same time frame that the window sticker shows up 7 days before the build date and this includes weekends, not 7 business days. That behavior was really consistent. Mine was scheduled to start on a Friday. The previous Friday, no window sticker. The next day, Saturday, boom, up it came. So....if it really is to be built next week and "worst-case" scenario is that it starts production on Friday next week you should be able to pull up your window sticker tomorrow.

Again, though, I find it odd that if it is really that close, they can't give you a specific day. Try tomorrow for your window sticker. Hopefully you get it. If not, though, I'd press Natasha and/or Ford a little harder for a specific date. Just seems strange. Best of luck tomorrow!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #2793
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post

Again, though, I find it odd that if it is really that close, they can't give you a specific day. Try tomorrow for your window sticker. Hopefully you get it. If not, though, I'd press Natasha and/or Ford a little harder for a specific date. Just seems strange. Best of luck tomorrow!
Thanks so much. I actually went back and looked through the thread at the days of the week that people got their stickers and most were tuesday, thursday and saturday, so here's hoping.

I've kinda given up as to logically make sense out of any of it though. I think they are just pulling order numbers from a hat ...lol
Old 09-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #2794
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
My window sticker said my car was being built 8/23, ETIS said 8/24 which wasn't updated until 8/25. On 8/26 I was told that my car has been produced with no delivery information yet. Great news!

Every day this week no information has been updated since it was produced. :(

Until lastnight/this morning, when apparently my status changed. Apparently it's no longer "in production" (I thought that was already changed as of 8/24? Weird) and is now listed as "awaiting transit" (again, I thought I was awaiting transit all week long).
What the F.

No update to ETA which is still Sept 5, aka this holiday monday. And not even remotely likely to happen. I am beyond pissed at this point. All excitement is gone, feel like I shouldn't be spending $30,000 on something to to be glad it's over. No longer am I amped to get into this car. I'm done hyping it up and telling everyone about it. And I'm sick of people asking me so when are you getting the car? Am I regretting this move? Yes definitely. Probably never buy a new car again, and definitely never a factory order.

Shit I haven't been this frustrated over waiting for something since I was trying to lose my virginity.
Posted via FF Mobile
I understand your frustration MGbox and like you, the longer I waited the more my enthusiasm for the car waned but I can tell you once it arrived and I went in to get it, my enthusiasm totally returned (and then some). I know it is probably scant consolation at best since I have my car and you do not yet but I can tell you three weeks in and I am still learning all sorts of little things it does and does really well. Just last evening I was getting ready to leave work and I pulled up Nav, checked traffic conditions and discovered there was an accident on one of the expressways I drive home on. I used to gamble and think "Maybe it is only about a quarter mile up or so and after that things will open up!" This time though I knew the accident was all the way up by the exit I usually take and if I stayed on it would have been the entire length of stop-and-go. Saved me a world of headache/time. SHEER GENIUS.

Having always bought lot cars in the past and getting instant gratification I decided that this time I would order the car and get exactly what I wanted and how I wanted it. My dealership told me custom orders were taking 9-11 weeks at the time and my car ended up arriving in 7 weeks, 4 days. Painful wait? Yes! Worth it? Completely. Just the ability to be driving along and hit a paddle and say things like "Climate - 65 degrees" and have it change the temp settings. Awesome. Hit a paddle and say "Call XYZ" and if you have two or more numbers for that person hearing "Calling XYZ - would you like to call home or mobile?" "Mobile". "Calling XYZ mobile." Again, awesome.

I know it doesn't help today as you do not have your car yet but these are a couple of examples of the really cool things you will be able to do when you pick it up.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #2795
Jazzdog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79102
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy M5 Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Jazzdog Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hit a paddle and say "Call XYZ" and if you have two or more numbers for that person hearing "Calling XYZ - would you like to call home or mobile?" "Mobile". "Calling XYZ mobile." Again, awesome.
Does yours say mobile or cell? Pretty sure mine says cell.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #2796
TdK71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85480
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Blue Candy Metallic Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TdK71 Good Standing Member
Ordered my car on 8/15/ called salesman this morning, he got the VIN last night. Checked no Window Sticker yet, Bob said to call him back on Tuesday he should know the build date by then.

Now I'm starting to get excited!

SEL Hatchback
17" polished alloy wheels
Candy Blue Metallic
Moonroof
303A Package w/Charcoal Black Leather Seats
Winter Package

ETA I own page234!

Last edited by TdK71; 09-02-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Pagr ownage
Old 09-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #2797
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Quote:
I understand your frustration MGbox and like you, the longer I waited the more my enthusiasm for the car waned but I can tell you once it arrived and I went in to get it, my enthusiasm totally returned (and then some). I know it is probably scant consolation at best since I have my car and you do not yet but I can tell you three weeks in and I am still learning all sorts of little things it does and does really well. Just last evening I was getting ready to leave work and I pulled up Nav, checked traffic conditions and discovered there was an accident on one of the expressways I drive home on. I used to gamble and think "Maybe it is only about a quarter mile up or so and after that things will open up!" This time though I knew the accident was all the way up by the exit I usually take and if I stayed on it would have been the entire length of stop-and-go. Saved me a world of headache/time. SHEER GENIUS.

Having always bought lot cars in the past and getting instant gratification I decided that this time I would order the car and get exactly what I wanted and how I wanted it. My dealership told me custom orders were taking 9-11 weeks at the time and my car ended up arriving in 7 weeks, 4 days. Painful wait? Yes! Worth it? Completely. Just the ability to be driving along and hit a paddle and say things like "Climate - 65 degrees" and have it change the temp settings. Awesome. Hit a paddle and say "Call XYZ" and if you have two or more numbers for that person hearing "Calling XYZ - would you like to call home or mobile?" "Mobile". "Calling XYZ mobile." Again, awesome.

I know it doesn't help today as you do not have your car yet but these are a couple of examples of the really cool things you will be able to do when you pick it up.
Thank you.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #2798
Stoneraven9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88671
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Hatchback Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Stoneraven9 Good Standing Member
Got in to see the new vehicle today. Looks awesome in the Ingot Silver and Arctic White trim. Too bad we don't get to pick it up until Tuesday, as this is a holiday weekend.
Lucky me... mine was chosen randomly by Ford to run as a spot check, and it now has 120 km on it. (wonder if I can make a case for getting a used vehicle, lol)

............................................... Fly with a Ti ...............................................
Old 09-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #2799
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneraven9 View Post
Got in to see the new vehicle today. Looks awesome in the Ingot Silver and Arctic White trim. Too bad we don't get to pick it up until Tuesday, as this is a holiday weekend.
Lucky me... mine was chosen randomly by Ford to run as a spot check, and it now has 120 km on it. (wonder if I can make a case for getting a used vehicle, lol)
Your dealer isn't open Saturdays?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #2800
Stoneraven9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88671
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Hatchback Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Stoneraven9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
Your dealer isn't open Saturdays?

Dealer is, but the registration to get the plates etc etc isn't. Nor on a holiday.
C'est la vie. It's not as if it's the end of the world. I didn't expect it for another few weeks, hehe.

............................................... Fly with a Ti ...............................................

Bookmarks & Social Networks