Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 26 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #251
Pinkerton
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83482
What I Drive: An old car.

FF Reputation: 1 Pinkerton Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Want to let you all know that I ended up bailing on the Focus, even though I wasn't receiving bad customer service as one of you so politely informed me. I just decided it wasn't a good fit for me. I wish you all the best with your orders, and am anxious to start seeing them on the road. They are nice looking cars! I have enjoyed this forum and the information it has provided.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #252
RedsGT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83174
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 RedsGT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
Want to let you all know that I ended up bailing on the Focus, even though I wasn't receiving bad customer service as one of you so politely informed me. I just decided it wasn't a good fit for me. I wish you all the best with your orders, and am anxious to start seeing them on the road. They are nice looking cars! I have enjoyed this forum and the information it has provided.
What are you getting instead?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #253
Pinkerton
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83482
What I Drive: An old car.

FF Reputation: 1 Pinkerton Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsGT View Post
What are you getting instead?
I purchased a VW Tiguan on Friday. Gas milage isn't nearly as good as the Focus, but it's a good fit for me and more in line of what I was wanting originally. I still get a touchscreen, but it's not Microsoft based (Mac girl here). My boyfriend drives an Eos, and it drives very similar, it's just bigger. I'm very happy with my decision, not to say that ultimately I wouldn't have been happy with the Focus too. My old car was getting unsafe to drive. I didn't want to have to put money into it, so I was running out of time.

Again, thank you all!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #254
antihero31
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84110
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 antihero31 Good Standing Member
I test drove a Silver 2012 Focus Hatch SE with the Stone interior 203A SPEC.

The handling with torque vectoring and EPAS was AMAZING. Braking was above average. Acceleration was solid but improved over 3000 RPM. The car was very comfortable and even being SE the quality of materials in the vehicle were very high. The soft-touch dash and layout of the "cockpit" was very nice. The rear seats lay down flat and I was still left with ample leg room (5'10"). I put my daughter's car seat in the back behind the driver's and passengers seat and was still left with plenty of room.

Dislike
The wheel covers on the SE were not to my taste and was a big reason why I am waiting on my Titanium. I am not a big fan of silver or the stone interior. It seems like I am nitpicking on the bad stuff because there is very little that I do not like on that specific vehicle.

I am now even more excited for my Titanium Hatch to come in. If the SE is THAT nice then the Titanium should be so much more. It had a build date of 3/29/11 and we are expecting it in no more than 6 weeks from that date.

Window Sticker:
http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...67&modelid=226
Old 04-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #255
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero31 View Post
I test drove a Silver 2012 Focus Hatch SE with the Stone interior 203A SPEC.
Wow you loaded that puppy up!! Are you paying MSRP, over, under?

I had the exact same experience. Went to a dealer, test drove an SE hatch, and thought it performed fantastically. Now I'm only even more excited about my titanium+handling package. I got another email from a dealer today, and told me that my focus should be arriving "anytime." I didn't put very much stock in that, as he went on to say that "he was at the mercy of the factory." I told him I never mind waiting for a good thing.

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #256
antihero31
Focus Rookie

I am putting $6000 down with $500 off from dealer plus ~$1100 off for X-Plan. When it finally comes in I'm going for a little more.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #257
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero31 View Post
I am putting $6000 down with $500 off from dealer plus ~$1100 off for X-Plan. When it finally comes in I'm going for a little more.
Good plan. Unfortunately I don't have the option of an X plan, so I'm throwing down $5K, hopefully getting ~$2K for a trade-in (2000 Chrysler 300M w/ 124,000 miles), and pulling an APR of 3% or less for 60 months. These figures do not include the $1,250 from the two discounts, so I guess you could say I'm putting down $6250. I'm also going to dig a little deeper once it gets here. I'm lookin for invoice or better (~$200-300 under).

So antihero31, it appears you and I are in a similar position! I just can't afford anything over $24k after all is said and done.

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 04-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #258
antihero31
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post
Good plan. Unfortunately I don't have the option of an X plan, so I'm throwing down $5K, hopefully getting ~$2K for a trade-in (2000 Chrysler 300M w/ 124,000 miles), and pulling an APR of 3% or less for 60 months. These figures do not include the $1,250 from the two discounts, so I guess you could say I'm putting down $6250. I'm also going to dig a little deeper once it gets here. I'm lookin for invoice or better (~$200-300 under).

So antihero31, it appears you and I are in a similar position! I just can't afford anything over $24k after all is said and done.

-B
I feel you on that one! I wouldn't be able to afford it if I hadn't gotten a promotion on Feb 4th. I am hedging on the car coming in fairly soon. I have a 5 month old and am driving a 2005 Focus ZX3. Climbing in the back seat to put the girl in is not fun. I should get a delivery date on Wednesday from the dealership.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #259
bossstl
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 83756
What I Drive: St. Louis

FF Reputation: 1 bossstl Good Standing Member
While my car is being built today, the VIN below showed up on a local dealership yesterday and am scheduled to drive it this afternoon. Shame it doesnt have MFT.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...HP3M2XCL119713
Old 04-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #260
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
If you don't mind me asking...where are you getting sub-3% APR for the 2012 Focus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post

-B

Bookmarks & Social Networks