Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 25 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #241
Jayshaw91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83891
What I Drive: Crappy Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 Jayshaw91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is MFT installed on yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #242
itr86
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84086
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 itr86 Good Standing Member
Nope, I sort of knew it'd be a buggy gimmick feature.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using FF Mobile Pro
Old 04-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #243
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
Different situation. If I'm already having trouble with customer service before even buying the car, will I really want to have to deal with bad customer service for the next 2-4 years I will own the car? It's not a good sign of things to come.
Ford is not giving anyone bad customer service. They state that the Focus will be available the Spring of 2011, and are working diligently to ensure that the car comes out of the production facility as perfect as can be. If this means waiting a little longer, then we wait. The end result will be our gain, and we will have a great vehicle! But if you are receiving bad service from the Dealership, they just deal with another.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #244
mtruland
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84353
What I Drive: 2010 Harley Davidson XL1200C

FF Reputation: 1 mtruland Good Standing Member
I only have a partial VIN at this time. On Wednesday, my dealer and I are going to sit down and see if there are any issues within the preview (which cars will get pulled) and make changes if I need to to get my car pulled for build. He has allocation for a focus next week, which should be mine. It's clean/unsched right now, and he seems to think there shouldn't be any issues. I'll know for sure on Thursday night / Friday morn if it's been allocated and scheduled.

My biggest concern is knowing how much cash I'll have for the down-payment. An extra week or two isn't too bad, as I can throw an extra grand or two into the down-payment.

I'm glad to see some MFT orders going though. I chose all the options (MFT, Park assist, Black paint, winter package, etc. Unfortunately, that leaves in more areas for material holds.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #245
Phrogg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84465
What I Drive: 2000 Silver Civic DX

FF Reputation: 1 Phrogg Good Standing Member
Okay - Update from Ford Corporate

My name is Cherie and I am a representative of Ford's Customer Relationship Center. I have received and reviewed your email regarding a delivery date for your vehicle.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your email. I have contacted our Plant Vehicle Team and Hoffman Ford regarding your order of a 2012 Focus Hatch SEL with MyFord Touch. It has been verified that your vehicle still does not have a scheduled build date. Additionally, they are holding back vehicles with the MyFord Touch, as Ford wants to make certain that everything is in working condition when the vehicle's are received. I suggest that you stay in contact with Hoffman Ford regarding the build date/delivery date of your vehicle, as they will be one of the first to know of these scheduled dates.

You have also questioned if the Focus will have a diesel engine in the future. At this time, this office is not aware of any plans to manufacture the Focus with a diesel engine. You may want to visit our website www.ford.com from time to time, as there is an area to view future vehicles on this site.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Sincerely,
Cherie
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

So we shall see - I can hardly wait for my car...aaahhhhh
Old 04-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #246
Jayshaw91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83891
What I Drive: Crappy Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 Jayshaw91 Good Standing Member
So that may dispute the rumor that they're building cars with MFT starting today.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #247
Phrogg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84465
What I Drive: 2000 Silver Civic DX

FF Reputation: 1 Phrogg Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayshaw91 View Post
So that may dispute the rumor that they're building cars with MFT starting today.
I was just relaying the info provided to me by the dealership. I think its funny that corporate and dealership are saying different things. Keep in mind that the corporate response says held back. They may still be building them, but waiting for Microsoft to get their patch ready... I'm just guessing here. My dealer also told me that there is a work slowdown regarding a truck union or something, and the shipping to our area (PA) is slow. ( for all i know its a stalling tactic)

I wish we had efficient trains that ran from MI to PA, then we could get rid of these inefficient, death trailers.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #248
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
I would guess mine will come by rail down here in FLA.

They may be building these cars and waiting for the update and then just plug it in and update each car. There is probably a holding lot for these that need the update. At least I hope so. In a case like this the Vin. verification may be held back too.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #249
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
At this point I'm not listening to a thing any dealerships say. Truck union delay?!? Really?!?! That's such a blatant lie, it's almost offensive!

On another note, this MFT software bug is going to kill the launch of this car, which some editors have called, "Ford's most important launch in its history."

Someone get me Bill Gates!!!

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #250
Tux12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL (Tuxedo Black)

FF Reputation: 1 Tux12 Good Standing Member
Hey folks,
Been lurking around here since I put in an order for the 2012 back in Feb. Wanted to post since I got some news from my dealer about the hold up with my delivery.

Ordered: 2012 SEL Tuxedo Black (no options, just vanilla SEL)
Recieved VIN: March 15th
Built: Short time after receiving VIN, few days at most before I got the word that it was built.
Scheduled Delivery: Was supposed to be sometime last week.

My dealer got a Ford rep on the line and got this back concerning the delay for my car. "I found out there was a delay on the shipping due to a recheck on the thermostat for all built units. As they get inspected, they are being released to ship"

So...grinding my teeth a bit, but nothing to do execpt wait. As far as I know no other dealers in Jax have 2012s either. So can't even test drive one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks