Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 238 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #2371
CMB76
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84327
What I Drive: very carefully

FF Reputation: 1 CMB76 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
They originally told me 6-8 weeks when I ordered. At 8 weeks, my dealer said that my car would be in on Aug. 1st. It never showed up. Now they keep moving my date back. Supposedly, I am getting it this week.
I understand your frustration. There were several times when I wanted to canx my order because I was tired of the BS. However, there isn't any other car that I want. And I know that I would regret it in the long run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #2372
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Car has been built right? Shipping delays?
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 08-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #2373
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
Explain that ordering capacity, shouldn't matter when it's a customer order, not dealer inventory.
Checked with Natasha today, still no sticker or build date so until they get started I'm assuming that delivery date is bullshit as well. The order was accepted same day I placed it, with a priority 10. No holds mentioned. "Check back in 7-10 days"

I may be getting "exactly the car I want" but so is everyone else who's ordering here, yet faster.
you only ordered july 18? that's nothing. do you at least have a DORA? until you get your VIN (which should be soon) you won't have a sticker.

waiting 4 weeks for a VIN is quite common, most people get it on 2-6 weeks. If you don't have a VIN by week 6 I'd start questioning things. If you have a DORA then you know your order was at least accepted by Ford and it is now in their hands.

few months ago new builds were taking 8 weeks, as the car is increasing in popularity that time is increasing as well. 12 weeks for delivery from order isn't uncommon, and it's only going to get longer until Ford can catch up with demand.

patience...
Old 08-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #2374
completely_focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86510
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 completely_focused Good Standing Member
Got some good news this morning. My car is being transferred from train to truck and is only 3.5 hours driving distance away. It looks like it may get here much earlier than the last ETA they gave me. Time to shop for insurance.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #2375
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by completely_focused View Post
Got some good news this morning. My car is being transferred from train to truck and is only 3.5 hours driving distance away. It looks like it may get here much earlier than the last ETA they gave me. Time to shop for insurance.
Awesome. Best of luck. Now it is time to just and sit and wait for that call from the dealership. Really close now!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #2376
ehrie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85545
What I Drive: 2007 Mercury Milan

FF Reputation: 1 ehrie Good Standing Member
I can understand delays in it being built, but things like cars being built after mine and shipping to the same region of the country while mine rots in Michigan doesn't make any sense to me. To me, as a customer, things like that have to have some kind of explanation. Is there anybody for Ford customers to contact?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #2377
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
I'm a 8 hour drive from the assembly plant yet it took 5 weeks to deliver, go figure. Shipping times are completely in-consistent.

My sales rep told me Ford is having an issue with deliveries, a spat with the union, so they are dragging their feet on all deliveries. Don't know how much truth there is/was to that, or if it has been resolved yet.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #2378
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
I got lucky . . . hadn't really intended to buy a Focus after being a confirmed Porsche person. But last Friday, after the fuel pump shut off at $100 while filling my F-150 for the 3rd time in the week, I drove staight to the nearest Ford dealer and they had a Focus Titanium with every stinking option Ford offers.

I left with it and am thrilled.

It'll be the "daily driver" and so far I'm very happy with it.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #2379
completely_focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86510
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 completely_focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrie View Post
I can understand delays in it being built, but things like cars being built after mine and shipping to the same region of the country while mine rots in Michigan doesn't make any sense to me. To me, as a customer, things like that have to have some kind of explanation. Is there anybody for Ford customers to contact?
If there is one thing I learned in this process, it's that it doesn't seem fair. At least from the customers perspective it seems that way. It's like being in the ultimate traffic jam and you don't know why the traffic is all jammed up but you accept the fact that you have to wait till it gets moving again. I recommend taking the attitude of "It will get here when it gets here" approach and before you know it, you will get the call.

Why my car was delayed after build and sitting in plant for a few weeks really irritated me at the time. I never determined what the cause of the delay was and now I don't care because the process is drawing to a close for me. In the end, all that matters it the ETA you are given. If it's a month from now then wait for a month. If the ETA gets pushed out you wait some more. The bottom line is it's waiting game without detailed explanation.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #2380
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
you only ordered july 18? that's nothing. do you at least have a DORA? until you get your VIN (which should be soon) you won't have a sticker.

waiting 4 weeks for a VIN is quite common, most people get it on 2-6 weeks. If you don't have a VIN by week 6 I'd start questioning things. If you have a DORA then you know your order was at least accepted by Ford and it is now in their hands.

few months ago new builds were taking 8 weeks, as the car is increasing in popularity that time is increasing as well. 12 weeks for delivery from order isn't uncommon, and it's only going to get longer until Ford can catch up with demand.

patience...
You seemd to have missed my whole post. I have a VIN. While several others who ordered after me have VINs, stickers, and build dates starting today. I'm still waiting for the latter two. They will receive their cars ahead of me based on this.

Whether someone waited 12 weeks in the past should bare no significances on orders placed today.

Posted via FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks