Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 237 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #2361
justy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85598
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Plat White HB!

FF Reputation: 1 justy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
Mine is exactly the same:

Ordered July 27

Build date Aug 16

Estimated delivery Aug 29
Well I have priority 10 as well so hopefully mine is built 1 week after yours are (my order date was Aug 4).

Do you have a window sticker yet? When did it show up? Still don't have one yet.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #2362
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by completely_focused View Post
Be glad that it didn't derail, that happend to some new foci last month.
hahah, yeah thats what I told my salesman. tried that whole half full business
Old 08-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #2363
kaelumsonofson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88337
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kaelumsonofson Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by justy View Post
you sure about the build and delivery date? seems a little tight compared with the order date (4.5 weeks).
Yep, I was surprised myself. I have the "Track a Vehicle" status sheet printed from my dealer with the status update, estimated ETA, and the dealer says it should be built this week. The relevant info from the sheet is as follows:

Status (Primary): In Production
Status (Secondary): Sent to Plant
Vehicle Location: Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI
ETA: Aug-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by justy View Post
Well I have priority 10 as well so hopefully mine is built 1 week after yours are (my order date was Aug 4).

Do you have a window sticker yet? When did it show up? Still don't have one yet.......
I just got back home from vacation yesterday (been out since Aug 5th) so I swung by the dealership today to get a status update (they are right next to my kid's karate place)and left with the status sheet. I used the VIN on the sheet to look up the stick which shows 120110816 for the build date. So, all I can say is the sticker showed up less than 3 weeks after I put in the order, but it may have been sooner since I've been on vacation and disconnected from world the last 10 days.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #2364
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87092
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 fla2smoker Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Reading through this post and you will probably find nothing average or normal. Seems to vary for everyone. Mine build was done 8/1, put on a train 8/2, delivered to the dealership 8/10. Shipped one day after build complete. Michigan to upstate New York in 9 days.
But it has been an experience!
Since ordering in June, I have become a plane enthusiast again by joining EAA for the X plan and will get my pilots license after procrastinating for twenty years, and have become a train enthusiast tracking my car from Wayne Michigan (wow there are some hardcore train lovers out there!). Last update is my car is traveling between Tennessee and Florida. I was able to even find a picture of the actual auto rack (rail car) my car is traveling in.. I have a nice little scrapbook going. My family thinks I am crazy, but, hey this is my first time ordering a car! It looks like it will be nine weeks from order to delivery. The auto rack containing my car is supposed to arrive on Wednesday, then I expect two or three days for truck transport and a day or two for the dealership to detail and prep it. Hopefully next week at this time I will be posting pics, and if not it will only be a short few days away...
Everyone that knows me still cannot believe I ordered a Focus. I sure hope it lives up to the hype! I love performance and technology but not the European maintenance price it requires. I am willing to give up a little performance for gas mileage at this point in my life. I will re-visit Porsche again in a few years when I turn over the keys to the Focus to my oldest boy.
Build Date: August 5th
Delivered: August 20th
Old 08-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #2365
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Alright I'm about to freak out.
Ordered a week and a half after me, yet your car gets built first and is delivered a week sooner?! I'm still waiting for a sticker and build date, could be even later. This is g bullshit and unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelumsonofson View Post
I got my VIN today! Woot!

Ordered July 27th (order priority was a 10 and they entered it the same day I ordered it)
VIN received Aug 15th (might have come earlier but I was on vacation since Aug 5th)
Expected build date Aug 16th
Estimated delivery Aug 29th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
Mine is exactly the same:

Ordered July 27

Build date Aug 16

Estimated delivery Aug 29
Old 08-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #2366
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

How cute it blocked my swear with smiley faces.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #2367
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87092
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 fla2smoker Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
Ordered a week and a half after me, yet your car gets built first and is delivered a week sooner?! I'm still waiting for a sticker and build date, could be even later. This is g bullshit and unacceptable.
Welcome to the ordering game!
No matter, you have to remember you are getting the exact car you want. The pain of watching people order after you and get a sooner build date is just par for the course. It could be anything from your dealer does not have allotment for new orders to there is a problem with a part of your order. Check with your dealer first to make sure they have not already exhausted their ordering capacity (allotment), and then check with Natasha to make sure your order has been accepted and there are no holds.
Build Date: August 5th
Delivered: August 20th
Old 08-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #2368
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Explain that ordering capacity, shouldn't matter when it's a customer order, not dealer inventory.
Checked with Natasha today, still no sticker or build date so until they get started I'm assuming that delivery date is bullshit as well. The order was accepted same day I placed it, with a priority 10. No holds mentioned. "Check back in 7-10 days"

I may be getting "exactly the car I want" but so is everyone else who's ordering here, yet faster.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #2369
CMB76
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84327
What I Drive: very carefully

FF Reputation: 1 CMB76 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
How do you think I feel!? I ordered in MAY!! You haven't even been waiting a month yet.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:59 AM   #2370
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

I looked back a few pages and couldn't find your story. What happened?

Sure I've only waited a month. Still doesn't mean someone ordered after me should have their car finished in a month. When mine hasn't even been started.

If I get my build date in 2 weeks, someone orders a week after me and gets there's in 10 days. Another guy orders a week after that and gets his in 7. That's fine. Means there's just less of a queue between orders now, and production is slowly speeding up. Perfectly acceptable. I'm not mad someone new will get there's in 5 weeks and it's taking me 7+. Because I know some people before me had to wait 9,10,11 or 12+ weeks.

But when their order is being built and completed before mine has even started? Something is fundamental wrong with the way they do business. Until they can justify my delay, I'm gonna continue to be upset about it.

Posted via FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->