Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 234 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #2331
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
Car came in over the weekend! Most likely be picking it tomorrow!
Excellent. Congratulations! Maybe a sleepless night tonight?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #2332
ogbeez
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86870
What I Drive: 2005 nissan frontier

FF Reputation: 1 ogbeez Good Standing Member
Who gave you this info. All I've been told is my vehicle is in transit. I called the 800 number last Friday and they told me my vehicle would be here tuesday but fordcustomerservice couldn't even give me a date and told me to check back again friday. I'm getting so pissed off at the lies, I ordered on 6-7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsZQ View Post
It's on a truck - you should get it early

In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 07067 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 02, Atlanta, GA Aug-15-2011, 05:17 ET Aug-18-2011

-Z
Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #2333
CNYfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88062
What I Drive: 2008 Ford Fusion SE

FF Reputation: 1 CNYfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by completely_focused View Post
Good luck getting it by next week. I ordered 6/7/11 and don't expect to get it till some time next week. I know it's on a train here in Virginia somewhere fairly close by but the ETA is still 8/23/11.
We have no buses here, so if it doesn't get here I may have to rely on my bicycle.
Build date 8/15/11
Delivery ETA 8/22/11 @dealer 8/24/11 Mine 8/25/11
Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #2334
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Excellent. Congratulations! Maybe a sleepless night tonight?
It's gonna be a LONG wait for sure!

2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE 5spd w/ Sport and Winter pkgs.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #2335
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYfocus View Post
Today is my build day (according to my sticker)!! So I figure a few days to build then loaded on to a train for the long trip to central NY. Does anyone one have any idea how long these next steps may take?
See my signature for the one and only phase of my ordeal to happen quickly. Started production on a Thursday and shipped on the following Monday. Two weeks later it's still slowly wending its way across the western US.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #2336
WhoIsZQ
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88119
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti Red Candy Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 WhoIsZQ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbeez View Post
Who gave you this info. All I've been told is my vehicle is in transit. I called the 800 number last Friday and they told me my vehicle would be here tuesday but fordcustomerservice couldn't even give me a date and told me to check back again friday. I'm getting so pissed off at the lies, I ordered on 6-7.
Natasha and FordCustomerService has been great for me, more so than the dealership. PM FordCustomerService on this forum. You can provide them a VIN and they should be able to track it down for you.

-ZQ
VIN: 7/15/2011 | Sticker: 07/27/2011
Build Date: August 2st | Delivered: Aug/15/2011
Old 08-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #2337
FirstTimeFordOwner
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87799
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatchback 5-speed

Points 19, Level 1
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 FirstTimeFordOwner Good Standing Member
I haven't posted for a couple weeks. Here's where things stand (for those of you who have seen some of my posts). The Sonic Blue hatch I DIDN'T ORDER (after finding out Kona Blue (my original order on 05-May)) was no longer available on 05-Jun I told the dealer to order Sterling Gray on 07-Jun; on 31-July the window sticker for that car became available; however, my dealer somehow messed up the Sterling Gray order, Ford never got it, so when they saw the original Kona Blue they just substituted Sonic Blue; I can't tell you how unhappy I was to see that window sticker) will arrive at my dealer in New Hampshire next Monday (5-speed, 203A package, SE Sport Package, All Weather Package, Exterior Protection Package, cargo liner). I called the dealer on 31-July, REALLY UNHAPPY, and on Monday 01-Aug they called me back and said they'd put in a special order for Sterling Gray. I just spoke to them today and the VIN has been assigned, the build date also, and it's scheduled at the dealer in mid-September. I'm writing this reply to let you all know that if you're interested in a Sonic Blue hatch with the packages noted above, and don't want to wait anymore, you could contact your dealer and let them know one will be arriving at Ford of Londonderry (again, New Hampshire) next Monday.
VIN assigned: 17-Aug-11
Build date: 23-Aug-11
Old 08-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #2338
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeFordOwner View Post
I haven't posted for a couple weeks. Here's where things stand (for those of you who have seen some of my posts). The Sonic Blue hatch I DIDN'T ORDER (after finding out Kona Blue (my original order on 05-May)) was no longer available on 05-Jun I told the dealer to order Sterling Gray on 07-Jun; on 31-July the window sticker for that car became available; however, my dealer somehow messed up the Sterling Gray order, Ford never got it, so when they saw the original Kona Blue they just substituted Sonic Blue; I can't tell you how unhappy I was to see that window sticker) will arrive at my dealer in New Hampshire next Monday (5-speed, 203A package, SE Sport Package, All Weather Package, Exterior Protection Package, cargo liner). I called the dealer on 31-July, REALLY UNHAPPY, and on Monday 01-Aug they called me back and said they'd put in a special order for Sterling Gray. I just spoke to them today and the VIN has been assigned, the build date also, and it's scheduled at the dealer in mid-September. I'm writing this reply to let you all know that if you're interested in a Sonic Blue hatch with the packages noted above, and don't want to wait anymore, you could contact your dealer and let them know one will be arriving at Ford of Londonderry (again, New Hampshire) next Monday.
Ah, I threw a post up a couple of weeks ago directed at you in the hopes that you would be reading just to see what the resolution was (you were still waiting for the dealership to get back to you at that point).

Well, not ideal by any means for you but if it is any consolation, some of the people that have ordered recently seem to have things moving much faster than they did when we ordered.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #2339
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
That's a perfect example of when I priority 1 should be issued. You should jump ahead of the line.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 08-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #2340
FirstTimeFordOwner
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87799
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatchback 5-speed

Points 19, Level 1
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 FirstTimeFordOwner Good Standing Member
Copernicium112,

When they told me on 01-Aug they were going to special order the Sterling Gray and it would be in "shortly after the Sonic Blue car" I didn't believe them given it was a total of 10-11 weeks for the Sonic Blue car. But, as you said in your reply just above, and given the Sterling Gray car will arrive in basically 6 weeks from when it was ordered, I think you're correct in that Ford seems to have squared away whatever issues they were having on the assembly line and things are starting to flow as they should.
BTW, I like your handle, the heaviest chemical atom.
VIN assigned: 17-Aug-11
Build date: 23-Aug-11

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.