Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 225 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #2241
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2smoker View Post
That is the start date. What we have been seeing for the past couple of months is about two business days from start to finish based on the start date on the Monroney (Window Sticker).
www.etis.ford.com will show a build date that is the actual completion date.
Hey fla2smoker, picked mine up today. Was actually in yesterday and I went out last evening to take a look and today they dolled it up, QC'd Sync, MFT, Nav, etc. I went in and did the paperwork and good to go. As you were exactly one week behind me here's hoping for you VERY SOON (we've been on this this thread for a while now close to in tandem so can't wait until you get yours, though I still feel I can't rest completely until Hillbilly is set as well).

Couple of notes:

Natasha gave me an ETA of 8/11 after the build was complete. It showed up a day before on 8/10. Once it is moving, it appears the ETAs are pretty accurate (at least in my experience, a day sooner even).

You gave me the info on the ordering of the brochure (thanks again) with the "private cash". I ordered one after reading your post and it did not arrive in time. When I showed up last night, my salesguy was like "Guess what, good news! Ford faxed over over a private cash offer for $500 so that will be knocked off of the price." I didn't ask him or anything, I was just willing to write it off. Didn't really think to ask him why last night as I was a little focused (no pun intended) on checking out my car but after a (rather anxious) night of sleep, today when I went in I did think to ask. He said that, at this dealership at least, they receive one of those from Ford on an average of every one in about every three orders. He also said there is no rhyme or reason. Some people that have owned nothing but Fords in the past get the offer. Some people that have owned nothing but Fords in the past don't get them. Some people that have never owned a Ford get them and some that have never owned a Ford do not. He has no idea why or how it works. Just letting you (and everyone else curious) know....

Keep updating on your progress. You have to be very close now my friend!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #2242
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87092
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 fla2smoker Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Hey fla2smoker, picked mine up today. Was actually in yesterday and I went out last evening to take a look and today they dolled it up, QC'd Sync, MFT, Nav, etc. I went in and did the paperwork and good to go. As you were exactly one week behind me here's hoping for you VERY SOON (we've been on this this thread for a while now close to in tandem so can't wait until you get yours, though I still feel I can't rest completely until Hillbilly is set as well).

Couple of notes:

Natasha gave me an ETA of 8/11 after the build was complete. It showed up a day before on 8/10. Once it is moving, it appears the ETAs are pretty accurate (at least in my experience, a day sooner even).

You gave me the info on the ordering of the brochure (thanks again) with the "private cash". I ordered one after reading your post and it did not arrive in time. When I showed up last night, my salesguy was like "Guess what, good news! Ford faxed over over a private cash offer for $500 so that will be knocked off of the price." I didn't ask him or anything, I was just willing to write it off. Didn't really think to ask him why last night as I was a little focused (no pun intended) on checking out my car but after a (rather anxious) night of sleep, today when I went in I did think to ask. He said that, at this dealership at least, they receive one of those from Ford on an average of every one in about every three orders. He also said there is no rhyme or reason. Some people that have owned nothing but Fords in the past get the offer. Some people that have owned nothing but Fords in the past don't get them. Some people that have never owned a Ford get them and some that have never owned a Ford do not. He has no idea why or how it works. Just letting you (and everyone else curious) know....

Keep updating on your progress. You have to be very close now my friend!
Copenicium,
The process has been both enjoyable and painful. I truly appreciate your kind words and the fact that you were one week ahead of me to help calm my fears and pessimism at times...
My dealer mentioned to me that even if I don't receive the offer in the mail in time, the Vincent number would show up for any offers of private cash that were available.
A very quiet FF member was kind enough to PM me my update today with the CSX car number. I was able to verify that the train will arrive in Florida on the 17th.
Sometimes I think too much information can be dangerous and I tend to hate being in the dark. This forum and certain members like you have helped me keep my sanity..
I agree, I will not be able to enjoy my Focus as much knowing Hillbilly is still waiting. I recommend he rent a competitors car so when his does arrive it makes it that much more enjoyable...
I will definitely post when the car arrives and follow with pics..
Make sure you post pics of your new Focus as soon as you can.
Build Date: August 5th
Delivered: August 20th
Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #2243
seamustry
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86768
What I Drive: :::

FF Reputation: 1 seamustry Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopo43 View Post
or a troll
sorry. if what you are saying is indeed true, then it would be good to have an idea of how Ford is processing new orders as others waited much much longer.

hope you enjoy your car and please don't hesitate to ask questions here
Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #2244
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamustry View Post
awesome! i also got an ETA of 8/21 from Natasha
Looks like you are in the lead at this point! Don't worry about the fact that Ford has stepped up production. Looks like they have either added another shift or fixed some equipment that plagued our build process..
We have spent enough time on here during the wait process that we are seasoned and will help the newbees through the process while biting our tongue...
Maybe their paint will not be as baked as ours! J/K...
Old 08-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #2245
seamustry
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Looks like you are in the lead at this point! Don't worry about the fact that Ford has stepped up production. Looks like they have either added another shift or fixed some equipment that plagued our build process..
We have spent enough time on here during the wait process that we are seasoned and will help the newbees through the process while biting our tongue...
maybe it's just because GA is closer to the plant than FL, i don't know how far south you are...
Old 08-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #2246
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
Quote:
I tend to agree. I think these cars are coming out much,much faster now ,for most, then they were at the beginning. I started this thread back when I ordered my car and then waited 4 month for it to come in.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #2247
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Even if the process has sped up or become more streamline the people who ordered first should still get their cars first...
Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #2248
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamustry View Post
maybe it's just because GA is closer to the plant than FL, i don't know how far south you are...
Yeah, I am about an hour south of Tampa. According to CSX the car is scheduled to arrive at the Tampa Intermodal on August 17th at 11am. So it will then have seven days to travel 50 miles by truck and be prepped for delivery to me.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #2249
seamustry
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah, I am about an hour south of Tampa. According to CSX the car is scheduled to arrive at the Tampa Intermodal on August 17th at 11am. So it will then have seven days to travel 50 miles by truck and be prepped for delivery to me.
so where did you get your CSX info? i only got an eta from natasha...
Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #2250
mustlovefocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88088
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 mustlovefocus Good Standing Member
2012 Silver SEL HB Auto
Premium Pkg, Nav, Winter Pkg, Sunroof
Ordered 7/27
Vin 8/11
Just got another $750 private cash cert that expires on 9/24 so hoping I get the car before then

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.