Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 168 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #1671
Intensity
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86917
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SE 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 Intensity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So you all are trusting minutes from a UAW meeting.... Do you all have any idea how much labor unions revolve around politics and misinformation? These folks are excellent care makers but I wouldn't trust them to walk my grandma halfway across the street.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #1672
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Seriously, MFT has been great. I imagine with your later build, you really shouldn't have too many problems, either. However, between the A/C problems, failed adhesive around the headliner, less than stellar MPG at only a few miles per gallon better than the 535i, and a few other little quibbles, I'm less impressed. I do like the car, but I would like it better if it didn't remind why it had been 17 years since buying my last Ford....

Laguna Seca Pedals
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #1673
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intensity View Post
So you all are trusting minutes from a UAW meeting.... Do you all have any idea how much labor unions revolve around politics and misinformation? These folks are excellent care makers but I wouldn't trust them to walk my grandma halfway across the street.
Ahem, there are some rather nasty repercussions for publishing things like that that are not true. Nasty lawsuits for libel and such. A smart union isn't going to publish something as damaging as that if they can't back it up. Not if they want to be around very long. Unions might be political and sneaky, but they also aren't stupid.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #1674
Titanium12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86295
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium12 Good Standing Member
Well, my wife drove the car today and said when she left the store the screen was black and no radio..........what should I do?
Delivery Date: June 29, 2011
Old 07-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #1675
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticbluebmw View Post
Seriously, MFT has been great. I imagine with your later build, you really shouldn't have too many problems, either. However, between the A/C problems, failed adhesive around the headliner, less than stellar MPG at only a few miles per gallon better than the 535i, and a few other little quibbles, I'm less impressed. I do like the car, but I would like it better if it didn't remind why it had been 17 years since buying my last Ford....
As I read what you write Mystic, I cannot help but to remind myself this guys other car is a $50,000 BMW.
Is it really Ford your not impressed with? Or the $25,000 car your comparing to the $50,000 car?
Old 07-13-2011, 05:14 AM   #1676
Focus2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86441
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 Focus2012 Good Standing Member
So my car was supposed to come into the dealership on Monday, 7/11. Monday passed, car didn't come in, Tuesday passed, car didn't come in. Here we are on Wednesday, and hoping for the best. It could also be that the dealer never called me like they said they would... wouldn't surprise me much. Still, want my car lol!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #1677
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticbluebmw View Post
How many High pressure fuel pumps have you had to replace on that 535i? Any trouble with fuel injectors?
Old 07-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #1678
a351must2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87762
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti, 2011 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 a351must2 Good Standing Member
I ordered the 2nd week of June and was given a VIN and delivery date of 9 Aug...window sticker is not visible yet, but I've been through this before. My 2011 Mustang was ordered the first week of June in 2010, the sticker is generally not available until 1 week before the build date. My Mustang was built July 20th and scheduled delivery was the 11 Aug, but it showed up on the 2nd...hopeing for the same luck with the Focus.

Blue Candy Ti Hatch, Moonroof, handling, nav.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #1679
uberjeff
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85949
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 uberjeff Good Standing Member
My car just got dropped off at the dealer about 15 minutes ago. I'll be picking it up at 6:45 tonight. Pics to follow. Glad my wait is finally over. Good luck to those who have been patient for far longer than I've had to be.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #1680
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
As I read what you write Mystic, I cannot help but to remind myself this guys other car is a $50,000 BMW.
Is it really Ford your not impressed with? Or the $25,000 car your comparing to the $50,000 car?
What????

I never made any comparisons as to how much nicer the BMW is compared to the Focus. And it would be stupid for me to make these comparisons because yes, one is a $28,000 car, and the other is $65,000 car.

A flimsy rattling headliner (due to most of the adhesive from the middle to the front of the headliner failing) does not impress me on any car. I can't open the sunroof w/o the whole front half of the headliner moving up and forward with each button press. Currently, I don't have time to take it to the dealer again, I need a car for the near foreseeable future, and none of the dealers around here give out loaners. Maybe I'll just try to fix this one myself.

Nor does it impress me that the A/C went out on a 3 day old car in 100 degree weather, and had to be kept by the dealer for 6 days.

Four days old, the tranny started slipping, though hasn't returned yet. I mentioned it when I took it in for the A/C, but they said give it time, that it was normal?! And while driving normally, I get ~3 MPG better in my 3000lb Focus w/ 2.0L I4 than with a 3900lb car w/ a 300hp twin-turbo I6. I did have one issue with the MFT and Sync freezing and another with browsing Sirius stations not working. These I can forgive because they haven't happened in a while and I LOVE the MFT. It's WAAAAY better than iDrive w/nav.

The rubber gaskets around the rear door and hatch leak, and I believe it may need an alignment, because it doesn't drive straight.

I am MORE impressed with the initial quality and reliability of my wife's Yaris, and that was only a $16,000 car. It's 4 years old, and has not had even one problem, other than being a very boring car. I am also more impressed with that over the BMW.

It has nothing to do with what other cars I own. It has to do with the fact I've never owned another car with this many issues, and I've only had it 3 weeks. I'm not sure what impression I gave you that caused you to say that, hmmm?

This would be a really great little car if not for all the quality issues, that's all. I'm hoping I will get everything sorted out and then not have any more problems. If so, I'd be a very happy camper. I don't know if that's a realistic expectation given the early and recent events. I just hope it is.

Laguna Seca Pedals

Bookmarks & Social Networks