Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 155 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #1541
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
Sorry to hear you have had quality problems. I have not had any at all. And my car is loaded. MFT with Nav has worked great, as has everything else.

Hopefully yours will get everything corrected.
Thanks. Mine has everything as well, and the MFT has really been pretty good, though after picking the car up after warranty work for an unrelated problem, Sync no longer worked. Disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, and it worked again.

The quality problems for me have been leaking o-rings in the A/C compressor, slipped tranny, and the adhesive that holds the headliner to the plastic frame around roof in front of the sunroof has completely failed so it feels extra flimsy when using the sunroof controls (fixed that with some double stick tape, but come on...) I haven't owned an American car in eight years, now I remember why :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeKrush View Post
Got the big call today. 10am appointment on Saturday to seal the deal and get in my new car. Long road about to end.
Congrats! Hope it come problem-free.

Laguna Seca Pedals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #1542
abstang
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87352
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 abstang Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzapants View Post
Ugh...I hope I'm not looking at the same thing. Still haven't received a VIN, and I'm also ordering a Blue Candy Titanium Hatch. And I was quoted 8-10 weeks a few days after you ordered yours.
I have also ordered a Blue Candy Titanium. Ordered the car on April 26th. Car was finally built on June 13th. It has been in transit now for 2 weeks and the dealer says I should finally get the car next week.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #1543
pizzapants
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85381
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus TiHatch

FF Reputation: 1 pizzapants Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
I wonder why we can build our car online to a T but can't order and have it delivered to our doorstep. Cut out the middle-men entirely.
Amen to that! I also wish that I could pick up my car at the factory, and save everyone some time and money by driving it home.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #1544
TerryVA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86339
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus, Sedan TI

FF Reputation: 1 TerryVA Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
Finally got my VIN this afternoon, 5 weeks and 1 day after the order date on the DORA. No build date or ETA yet, but I'm feeling a little better now. And the DORA now shows a priority 10, for what that's worth.
Grats HIll, I know your been waiting while with alot of frustration.

Hopefully the rest quick and smooth
Old 07-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #1545
TerryVA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86339
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus, Sedan TI

FF Reputation: 1 TerryVA Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus2012 View Post
Just called my dealer:

Ordered: 02 June, 2011
Scheduled Build Date: 27 June, 2011
Scheduled Delivery: 15 July, 2011
What color did you order?

I ordered June 6 and no word on VIN or anything.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #1546
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Right there with you. Ordered mine on May 16, but the dealer didn't submit the order until the 19th. Five weeks to get a VIN, and nothing since. My dealer has stopped returning my calls and replying to e-mails, but I did get a PM from a kind soul on here who looked up my VIN and said it showed a build date of July 25. That's already outside the 8-10 weeks I was quoted, and doesn't include getting it across the continent (and across the border). I'm thinking I might go car shopping this weekend.
I hate to follow-up to my own post, but I wanted to say that I've managed to talk myself down off the ledge. I found out yesterday that I'll be working overseas for most of July, so if my Focus was here it would be gathering dust anyway. And maybe a later build date will mean it ships with an updated MyFord Touch.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #1547
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87092
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 fla2smoker Good Standing Member
Quote:
I hate to follow-up to my own post, but I wanted to say that I've managed to talk myself down off the ledge. I found out yesterday that I'll be working overseas for most of July, so if my Focus was here it would be gathering dust anyway. And maybe a later build date will mean it ships with an updated MyFord Touch.
I retail ordered a Ti last week in the new black. It was supposed to be allocated last night. The dealer told me this morning none of his orders for Foci were placed. He is not sure why as he has plenty of allocations. He told me to stand by. This may be because of the plant vacation shut down or something else? He had different models for inventory allocated and three retail orders that are still just sitting there. Has anyone that ordered in the last week received a VIN today?

Best Regards,
FLA2Smoker (love the smell of premix and racing fuel in the morning)
Old 07-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #1548
seamustry
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86768
What I Drive: :::

FF Reputation: 1 seamustry Good Standing Member
@fla2smoker: i ordered two weeks ago and no vin yet...contacting my dealer once a week so far for any updates. he said my order for silver hatch has gone through but no other info...
Old 07-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #1549
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87092
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 fla2smoker Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamustry View Post
@fla2smoker: i ordered two weeks ago and no vin yet...contacting my dealer once a week so far for any updates. he said my order for silver hatch has gone through but no other info...
He told me they are going to contact the regional manager to see what the problem is. My dealership has multiple locations here in Florida and none of their orders were scheduled this week (For Foci). I will let you know when and if I find out anything.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #1550
Attune
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85880
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Attune Good Standing Member
Hi it took me 8 weeks almost to the day to get my vin#. I know my titanium hatch was built on the 22 of June, but I wish someone could tell me how here in Canada we can tell where it is in the shipping process. I have been told by the dealer it will arrive arround the 25th of July that will be almost 12 weeks to the day since we ordered it. I am on the far western side of Canada.

Bookmarks & Social Networks