Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 146 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #1451
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ordered on June 7 (order was placed in system on June 8). Received my VIN today. Told it is now in production with an estimated delivery of end of July.

I thought there was something online we could track the vehicle with our VIN, but I can't find any URL. Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #1452
uberjeff
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85949
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 uberjeff Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
Ordered on June 7 (order was placed in system on June 8). Received my VIN today. Told it is now in production with an estimated delivery of end of July.

I thought there was something online we could track the vehicle with our VIN, but I can't find any URL. Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!
There is a way you can view your window sticker with your VIN. It will not generate until about 7 days before your build date. My dealer has been great about sending weekly updates about my build date and ETA. My build date was scheduled about 10 days after I got the VIN. I'll include a link to the window sticker site, but that won't give you any tracking info.

Be prepared to be patient. After 3 1/2 weeks and 1 minor delay my car is finally being built today. The wait has seemed to be much longer than it actually was.

http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/Trac...CarOrders.html
Old 06-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #1453
scottjl
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjeff View Post
thanks. got my window sticker with that url (really should be stickied somewhere). says it's being built on the 28th. all options look accurate. just have to wait for it to get here now.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #1454
chopper dave
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86580
What I Drive: 2012 white SE sport/manual/hatch

FF Reputation: 1 chopper dave Good Standing Member
Quote:

Thanks!
Ordered on June 9, built the last week of July

At least I live about an hour away from the factory, so delivery should be quick. I have one of those $750 coupons that expires the 1st week of August, so I'm really crossing my fingers.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #1455
scottjl
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper dave View Post
Ordered on June 9, built the last week of July

At least I live about an hour away from the factory, so delivery should be quick. I have one of those $750 coupons that expires the 1st week of August, so I'm really crossing my fingers.
from what i'm told orders go in to ford on wednesdays, so if your order went into the dealer on the 9th it likely didn't get into ford until the following wednesday (15th). then it goes into the magical confusion of dealer allotment, priorities, etc.

no coupon here. i ordered one of the focus books from ford weeks ago, never got here. maybe the postman kept it!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #1456
chopper dave
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86580
What I Drive: 2012 white SE sport/manual/hatch

FF Reputation: 1 chopper dave Good Standing Member
Quote:
from what i'm told orders go in to ford on wednesdays, so if your order went into the dealer on the 9th it likely didn't get into ford until the following wednesday (15th). then it goes into the magical confusion of dealer allotment, priorities, etc.

no coupon here. i ordered one of the focus books from ford weeks ago, never got here. maybe the postman kept it!
I understand the coupons go out by region, so if you didn't get the brochure at all, order it again! Both my wife and I requested brochures and actually got two coupons delivered the same day and a 3rd one delivered to her work a week later, so I imagine there isn't a lot of checking going on about delivering too many to one household. I'm going to request another round the 2nd week of July- me, my wife, at home and work, just in case. 750 is more than enough to pay for a nice tint job and a set of rubber floor mats, so I really hope it works out.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #1457
Josh321
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85263
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Josh321 Good Standing Member
Finally picked up my Titanium hatchback this morning after ordering on April 21. Yay!

But, the dealer f-ed up a few things that are borderline inexcusable. First, they installed the little bumper protector that's part of the exterior protection package with a nice greasy fingerprint trapped underneath. I will be removing it because I didn't really care about that part anyway. What I did care about were the splash guards, which they completely forgot to install. They also forgot the cargo liner shown on the sticker. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the dealer weren't 50 miles away. I took delivery at my credit union who handled everything. I could have gone to the dealer to pick up but decided I didn't want to get someone to drive me all the way out there. Guess I should have gone out there so they could fix these mistakes on the spot.

Here's the really frustrating thing. I had asked early on if I could order DRL's and was told they were fleet only. Fine. Then last week, I found on a few other threads and other forums that even on non-DRL-equipped 2012 Foci, it was possible to enable them by changing a setting in the Body Control Module (BCM) using FIDS (Ford's tool to interact with the car's computers). So I sent the details and asked them to do that if possible. If not, no big deal. Well...when I went to pick up the car, I discovered that I could not turn off the headlights (all exterior and interior lights) while the engine was running. And, the foglamps did not work. It turns out the tech who PDI-ed my car either re-wired or reconfigured something so the regular headlights would stay on all the time. And now, I have to take the car in myself Monday through Friday (only have a skeleton crew on Saturday, apparently) to get the guy to undo whatever the hell he did. Obviously it would be more convenient to take it to a nearby dealer, but no one but that tech knows what he did.

/vent.

For what little I've driven the car, I love it. I will be installing clear protective film to the front bumper and hood tonight and getting the windows tinted in the morning. Hopefully I can get the headlight situation addressed one day next week. Just really disappointing that trying to bypass the dealer by using my CU's service, they still manage to spoil the whole delivery experience.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #1458
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Finally got my VIN this afternoon, 5 weeks and 1 day after the order date on the DORA. No build date or ETA yet, but I'm feeling a little better now. And the DORA now shows a priority 10, for what that's worth.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #1459
NC12Focus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86336
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 NC12Focus Good Standing Member
Hi all, just checked ford etis using my vin# and my build date was yesterday. Does anyone know how I can find my window sticker?
Old 06-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #1460
uberjeff
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85949
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 uberjeff Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12Focus View Post
Hi all, just checked ford etis using my vin# and my build date was yesterday. Does anyone know how I can find my window sticker?
Read my post at the top of this page. It has a link to pull up your window sticker.

Jeff

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.