Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 117 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #1161
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast
 
mysticbluebmw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85252
Location: Triangle, NC
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

Posts: 519
FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
I got a VIN#

VIN#1FAHP3N20CL171785

Scheduled to be built on 05/30, yes they are working on a holiday! Approximately 2-3 weeks after build date for delivery so if all goes well(crosses fingers) I will get it before the $750 rebate expires.

That VIN# shows on the dealers website as a car in inventory do dealers normally do this even though the car is being sold to someone already?

Meh... I'm starting wonder if the guy gave me the right VIN#... the one that shows in their inventory does not appear to be the one I ordered...
Fascinating.

Two things....

One, They are listing your car as in stock and available for purchase on their website.
Two, your window sticker hasn't been generated yet, and right now the only info that can be derived from your dealer is the week of the build, not the actual day.

Window stickers, with one or two recent exceptions, have been generated (7) days before build, but at least you got your VIN.
mysticbluebmw is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #1162
Ohuigin
Focus Addict
 
Ohuigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Fan#: 83056
Location: Long Beach, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

Posts: 552
FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My dealer called and my car is in! I'll be picking it up tomorrow at 3pm! Pictures soon to follow!!!

-B
__________________

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Ohuigin is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #1163
cappa
Focus Addict
 
cappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85229
Location: Elizabeth, NJ
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

Posts: 671
FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticbluebmw View Post
Fascinating.

Two things....

One, They are listing your car as in stock and available for purchase on their website.
Two, your window sticker hasn't been generated yet, and right now the only info that can be derived from your dealer is the week of the build, not the actual day.

Window stickers, with one or two recent exceptions, have been generated (7) days before build, but at least you got your VIN.
Yeah, I don't know why they are listing the car in-stock and it even says "In Stock-Available for Purchase" but when I click on the details of the car from their website it doesn't seem to be the one ordered(the first thing that caught my eye was the 17" rims, but I am getting the Handling package) that is why I am doubting if the guy gave me the right vin# or maybe it's just a default that automatically updates in their system, idk.

I ended up calling the dealership because neither of the two sales manager have responded to my e-mails. The salesman I regularly work with is out today so maybe he can clarify tomorrow, I even asked the guy if he was sure of the 05/30 date because it was a holiday and he said yeah because they have different shifts or something he said.
cappa is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #1164
damianinpa
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fan#: 52540
Location: PA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

Posts: 75
FF Reputation: 1 damianinpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey Cappa..check out my Vin. 1FAHP3H27CL171987. I am a few hundred behind you. There is no window sticker for mine. I was told build was 6/3. Nothing on dealer site either.
damianinpa is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #1165
stevegee
Focus Enthusiast
 
stevegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84274
Location: San Antonio, TX
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum Titanium Hatch

Posts: 83
FF Reputation: 1 stevegee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I completely understand the frustration with not getting clear, concise status updates and firm dates. I was there...almost exactly 11 weeks from the time I ordered to the time I picked up the car, with lots of "I don't knows" from everyone connected to the car (at the dealership and at Ford Customer Relations) along the way...

After I picked up the car I told my salesman that I was very frustrated by the opaqueness of the ordering process, and his response was that he was as frustrated as I was, by an ordering process that seemed straight out of 1970...his perspective was that somebody somewhere had current, up-to-the-minute information about the car during each step of its build and delivery process, but nobody at the local dealership level could get at it. And he (quietly) encouraged me to voice my frustrations to someone at Ford Corporate.

And lest we believe that this is a Ford-specific problem, a good friend from work has been waiting since December 2010 for a VW TDI, and he has a $1000 deposit on it. And no firm delivery date, not even a current status, not even a VIN. Just a lengthy trail of calls and emails full of broken promises from both the local dealer and VW America (corporate).

I think something is really broken in the car ordering process. And I think it's industry-wide.
stevegee is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #1166
Jazzdog
Focus Enthusiast
 
Jazzdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79102
Location: Monroe, MI
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy M5 Titanium Hatch

Posts: 67
FF Reputation: 2 Jazzdog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
I got a VIN#

VIN#1FAHP3N20CL171785

Scheduled to be built on 05/30, ...
It probably is scheduled for the WEEK of 5/30, actual build day shows as it gets closer. They are working OT but not on holidays.
Jazzdog is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #1167
cappa
Focus Addict
 
cappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85229
Location: Elizabeth, NJ
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

Posts: 671
FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzdog View Post
It probably is scheduled for the WEEK of 5/30, actual build day shows as it gets closer. They are working OT but not on holidays.
Someone from another website was able to gather info for me.

In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Jun-02-2011)Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI

June 2nd it looks like.
cappa is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #1168
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85804
Location: Cumming, GA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

Posts: 243
FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobird View Post
Correct, don't blame Ford for BAD dealers. My dealer is just the opposite of yours.
My dealer has been fantastic too! By the way Gobird, how do you like the Blue Candy color? That is what I ordered. I have only seen it in person twice. First time it was stunning! Second time it was cloudy out and it was okay, but not stunning...
lrbr30022 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #1169
me2000
Focus Addict
 
me2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85106
Location: Beach Park, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

Posts: 589
FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
I think the blame is on the dealer and not Ford, to be honest.
Sure.. I completely blame the dealer but the dealer represents the Ford brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthill View Post
The dealer is acting as an agent on behalf of Ford, though.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Which means that as a buyer you are entitled to work with an agent who gives you the best service. If the dealer sucks, then buy from another one.
The dealer (and my salesman) was fantastic before I ordered the car. I went through truecar.com and got a response extremely quick. I responded to the email and got a response 5 minutes later promising a quote. I got a quote that same morning! Working with my salesman was great in getting the order written down and all that. I was happy... I put my $500 deposit down. Unfortunately after they got me to order the car it all went downhill... it's hard to walk away now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegee View Post
I completely understand the frustration with not getting clear, concise status updates and firm dates. I was there...almost exactly 11 weeks from the time I ordered to the time I picked up the car, with lots of "I don't knows" from everyone connected to the car (at the dealership and at Ford Customer Relations) along the way...

After I picked up the car I told my salesman that I was very frustrated by the opaqueness of the ordering process, and his response was that he was as frustrated as I was, by an ordering process that seemed straight out of 1970...his perspective was that somebody somewhere had current, up-to-the-minute information about the car during each step of its build and delivery process, but nobody at the local dealership level could get at it. And he (quietly) encouraged me to voice my frustrations to someone at Ford Corporate.

And lest we believe that this is a Ford-specific problem, a good friend from work has been waiting since December 2010 for a VW TDI, and he has a $1000 deposit on it. And no firm delivery date, not even a current status, not even a VIN. Just a lengthy trail of calls and emails full of broken promises from both the local dealer and VW America (corporate).

I think something is really broken in the car ordering process. And I think it's industry-wide.
I agree... I think the ordering system could use a good overhaul. There should be a web interface to show a customer where their car is during the process. Frustrating for everyone at every level I guess.
me2000 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #1170
jeff2009
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85828
Location: United States, KY
What I Drive: 2009 Eclipse

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 1 jeff2009 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
My dealer has been fantastic too! By the way Gobird, how do you like the Blue Candy color? That is what I ordered. I have only seen it in person twice. First time it was stunning! Second time it was cloudy out and it was okay, but not stunning...
Tonight I saw the then blue candy on American idol (I also ordered a blue candy too) and it looked amazing!! I can't wait for it!
jeff2009 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.