se sport wagon vs ztw ? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-16-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
spotted dogs
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 13144
FF Reputation: 1 spotted dogs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
se sport wagon vs ztw ?

I am looking to buy either vehicle (used)....any points...tips that I should know before hitting the dealerships? I would rather have some knowledge than go in cold. For instance better years, engines, options packages etc. Basically I am looking for opinions and first hand experinces.
thanks! !!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2004, 03:39 PM   #2
HotRodWagon
CostraNostraTabasco

Fan#: 145
What I Drive: 02 Infra ZTW

FF Reputation: 25 HotRodWagon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (38)
2002 ZTW is what I have. No problems to report after 52K. I like the Street Edition exterior found on the 01's. Package wise, the ZTW did not come with a ground effects package or rear spoiler like the Street Edition. Streed Editions also came with a machined rim. Suspensions are the same. You could get a ZTW with AdvanceTrac that comes with 4whl disc brakes (like mine:). This was not available on Street Edition's. Mine has leather as well. The Street Edition has a better looking guage panel (red needles). Either way, get a manual!
Old 09-16-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
my 2003 ztw has had no problems as well ( except for someone running into it, but that got fixed). I have done rims suspension and a few engine mods, I've been very happy with mine. It has 34k miles ( it would have more if it weren't for the accident)...I really wanted rear discs like HRW, but I didn't want the advance trac and ABS.. But as above, get the 5 speed if you want , its very hard to find, but well worth it ( I ordered mine new and waited 6 weeks)...Any questions just ask..
Old 09-16-2004, 06:18 PM   #4
railman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20
What I Drive: 96 Ranger SC... Got Low Range?

FF Reputation: 2 railman Good Standing Member
most wagons have the Zetec ( 2000-2004) , while some fleet cars have the SPI. try to stick with the Zetec if possible cause that is where the vast majority of parts are.

also, in 2003-04 the 2.3 Duratec was available, not sure that new a car is in the price range but if ya can swing it it has alot more power than the Zetec

the SE's have most options allready ( pw, pl, cruise, air, cd) but the ZTW also offered leather, sunroof, sport package ( fogs, 16" rims, Tach ) so that is the basic difference between the 2

have fun looking

btw, if it was available when i bought mine ( 2001) i woulda got a ZTW with leather, sunroof, sport pkg., and the advance trac......but like i said, wasn't available when i got mine.......and yeah the 2.3 Duratec too

l8r, John
Old 09-18-2004, 07:51 AM   #5
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I think I could have got the 2.3 with mine if I had pushed for it..
Old 09-18-2004, 09:35 AM   #6
Ripinosu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4803
What I Drive: Infrared 2004 ZTW called Elise

FF Reputation: 1 Ripinosu Good Standing Member
Happy with my ZTW.

Bookmarks & Social Networks