For Sale: H&R race springs with KYB agx adjustable struts - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #31
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Fan#: 52400
What I Drive: 12 SE, 91 DR350S, 74 CL360

FF Reputation: 12 mellephants Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusguy87 View Post
Well, damn Matt didn't see you were after them. I was hoping to have my suspension up to par when I go head to head with you guys at the Auto X lol....
Hehe, nooo I want SOME advantage!

Honestly you can run pretty damn quick on stock SVT springs - but the dampers! Oh, god, the dampers! Mine were totally shot at 90k. I am so glad I changed them. Have you changed yours yet or are they still the stock ones? Also look around for adjustable front camber plates. They made a huge improvement to my car's handling balance.

Although this is the wrong place to discuss this, what tires are you gonna run? I think I'm going with 205/50-15 RE11's this year.

With that said, I admit I can't stand in your way if you are going to buy this whole package, since I think the OP prefers that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #32
focusguy87
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC

Fan#: 40962
What I Drive: 03 Red EvO & 03 TURBO SVT

FF Reputation: 9 focusguy87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellephants View Post
Hehe, nooo I want SOME advantage!

Honestly you can run pretty damn quick on stock SVT springs - but the dampers! Oh, god, the dampers! Mine were totally shot at 90k. I am so glad I changed them. Have you changed yours yet or are they still the stock ones? Also look around for adjustable front camber plates. They made a huge improvement to my car's handling balance.

Although this is the wrong place to discuss this, what tires are you gonna run? I think I'm going with 205/50-15 RE11's this year.

With that said, I admit I can't stand in your way if you are going to buy this whole package, since I think the OP prefers that.
No I have lots of body roll, the dampeners are shot as the springs just throw the car band and forth. Ill be racing on 225/45/17 Sumitomo HTR Z II.

Why are you doing a 205 tire?

Old 03-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #33
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

I am running 15x7" wheels for the shorter gear ratio and lighter weight. If I were buying a new set of tires, my first choice would be the 225/45-15 Hankook R-S3. A close second choice, which is an arguably better tire if given the same size, and much more trophy-proven, is the 205/50-15 Bridgestone RE-11. Due to budget concerns (ahem, my silly baby keeps growing!), I am forced to buy used tires, and a local guy is offering me 50% used up 205/50-15 RE-11's for $250. I am trying to get him to take $200 for them, but I might just fold soon and pay him $250.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #34
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Also the previous tires that I ran, and the same tires that I will be daily driving this summer, are 205/50-16 Dunlop Star Spec Z1. I did relatively great on those tires last season... with the stock dampers for all but the last two events. I chose 205 in that case for the smaller diameter - as my car doesn't have enough torque in second gear for a lot of the slow corners at Rantoul - and especially Parkland. I was in first for a lot of the Parkland course when I was on 225/50-16.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #35
ST 2K5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 44631
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Sedan 5speed

FF Reputation: 6 ST 2K5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Still for sale?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #36
PumkinSvt
Dat Bewst Life!!

Fan#: 46561
What I Drive: 10 Forte DD,Comp SVTF

FF Reputation: 28 PumkinSvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (32)
Sold

Sent from my PC36100 using FF Mobile

HKS||Garrett||TopSpeed||Tial||Massive||

Old 03-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #37
WUGcatsvt
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellephants View Post
Also the previous tires that I ran, and the same tires that I will be daily driving this summer, are 205/50-16 Dunlop Star Spec Z1. I did relatively great on those tires last season... with the stock dampers for all but the last two events. I chose 205 in that case for the smaller diameter - as my car doesn't have enough torque in second gear for a lot of the slow corners at Rantoul - and especially Parkland. I was in first for a lot of the Parkland course when I was on 225/50-16.
From what I've had a chase to drive (celica with RE-11 & and my car with Star Specs) I like the star specs more, They controlled understeer better. They are cheaper as well.
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL

Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #38
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUGcatsvt View Post
From what I've had a chase to drive (celica with RE-11 & and my car with Star Specs) I like the star specs more, They controlled understeer better. They are cheaper as well.
Interesting, but comparing a tire's ability to "control understeer" using two different cars is very inconclusive. I'm using adjustable front camber plates this season, anyway, so I really don't think I will be worried about understeer. At any rate I did thoroughly enjoy the StarSpecs last season, and I'm really hoping I like the RE-11's even more.

I started a thread about tire sizes and such over in the "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension" forum, so maybe you'll want to continue this chat over there instead of in this FS thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252222

Bookmarks & Social Networks