Need new front lower control arms... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-30-2003, 08:20 AM   #1
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

Fan#: 102
What I Drive: DUH!

FF Reputation: 5 gthang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Need new front lower control arms...

yesterday, i had an accident getting to school. As some of you may know, the east coast was drenched Sunday and Monday during downpours that eventually cancelled a Nascar race in Atlanta Sunday at 6:00pm est. Anyway, i hydroplaned through a huge puddle, hitting my right front wheel on a stone wall, knocking a boulder out. the resulting impact damaged my right lower control arm. I can't steer the car; it's like driving an F1 car, hitting a wall, and driving without a wheel. I had to drive the 9.5 miles back home, to a "i'm-so-angry-i'll-kill" dad who's screaming and yelling before i even walk through the door.

Does anybody know of any other companies that manufacture front control arms for the focus besides Focus Central?

And if anybody has tried the FC control arms, how are they, are they a good price?

Thank you.

Last edited by gthang; 10-30-2003 at 08:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2003, 08:36 AM   #2
bfocused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63
What I Drive: I now drive a 2009 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 2 bfocused Good Standing Member
gthang
Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you were not injured. I was that angry Dad last week, when my son wrecked (total loss) his 2002 ZTS Mach Audio that I bought for him.

Wouln't the part be cheaper from Ford? And, it wouldn't hurt to try to find one from a good salvage yard. One off a newer Focus hit in the rear would be fine.
Good luck
bfocused ( an angry dad)
Old 10-30-2003, 08:54 AM   #3
ZtsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 878
Points 1,431, Level 21
Points: 1,431, Level: 21 Points: 1,431, Level: 21 Points: 1,431, Level: 21
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ZtsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hey man

sad to say i did the same thing yesterday with my focus...i hit a stone wall and my front tire is [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ed im havin it looked at today

good luck with urs man
Old 10-30-2003, 09:09 AM   #4
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing Member Egz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
FC is the only company that makes lower control arms. If you want cheap, goto a junkyard and pick them up. I snagged a set for a project for about 50 bucks for the pair.

duratec.wikispaces.com - Duratec Wiki - Sign up and contribute!
Old 10-30-2003, 09:19 AM   #5
fast5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1171
What I Drive: 02 Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 fast5 Good Standing Member
Hey man I did the same thing last january in Fredrick, MD. It started snowing and I got on the off ramp and it was a durango in front of me and an explorer in the back I was the only one that didnt make the turn, so you know It costed me about 500 buck plus raised insurance! But try a junkyard, I couldnt do it because I was like 40 miles from home
02 Focus ZX5- FC race headers, AEM Intake, Bosal FP, Bosal exhaustw/ DTM tip, FC pulleys, B&M short shift, Superchips, FR Stage 2 cams and cam gears, Sound system w/subs, SVT F&R seats, 1.6 drop, power slot rotors w/greenstuff pads, ZEX Wet kit w/purge, 17,s ridin' clean, SVT front bumper, Wings West sides & back clip
--Never Underestimate--
Old 10-30-2003, 10:51 AM   #6
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

my dad never lets me get a word in. once he starts yelling, it's damn near impossible to shut him up, however, he has rifles in storage...

he never wants to hear my side of the story. he always assumes that if i tell him i had an accident, it's because i was speeding. he goes on and on about how i've got 2 speeding tickets, 3 spin-outs, and now my 3rd accident (2nd this month). i just wish he'd shut his f-ucking mouth for once. i swear to god, i might call the police about, he hits me so often i have to lock myself in my room. did anybody hear about the Scruggs kid who hung himself?
Old 10-30-2003, 12:31 PM   #7
soffiler

Fan#: 372
What I Drive: '03 ZX3 PZEV 5-spd Twilight Blue; '97 F-250 4x4 w/ 351 V8 & AT

FF Reputation: 1 soffiler Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by gthang
my dad never lets me get a word in. once he starts yelling, it's damn near impossible to shut him up, however, he has rifles in storage...

he never wants to hear my side of the story. he always assumes that if i tell him i had an accident, it's because i was speeding. he goes on and on about how i've got 2 speeding tickets, 3 spin-outs, and now my 3rd accident (2nd this month). i just wish he'd shut his f-ucking mouth for once. i swear to god, i might call the police about, he hits me so often i have to lock myself in my room. did anybody hear about the Scruggs kid who hung himself?
Dude, sorry to hear about your father, sounds like he's got serious problems.

But I gotta say, your driving record sucks. I drive pretty fast myself: commuting to work on familiar roads, I am constantly 15-20mph over the limit everywhere, from the 40+ on the 25mph backroads, to 80+ on the 65mph highway. I have zero tickets, zero accidents, zero driving incidents of any kind for... geez, let me think... last ticket was 1992 and I went to court and got out of it. Last accident was, gawd, 1984.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:40 PM   #8
BIGBADWORM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 517
What I Drive: 00 ZX3, 00 Dakota CC R/T

FF Reputation: 1 BIGBADWORM Good Standing Member
If my son had your driving record, I'd take the car away. Sorry bout your ride, good thing youre not hurt, but maybe you should take a step back, and a close look at the way you drive. Then I'm sure your relationship with your pops will change, BUT if he's hitting you, thats abuse and grounds for a shotgun to the knees!
Old 10-30-2003, 01:16 PM   #9
vanace
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
I agree that your driving record alone leaves suspision about the accident. Not good buddy.

Ok.. now for something much more serious. DO NOT TALK ABOUT KILLING OR MAIMING SOMEONE IN A CHAT ROOM!!!! If your father is abusing you, talk to the authorities. Get help, and do it right. You deserve to not be abused. And also, If your seriously talking about killing yourself, GET HELP NOW!! I know your stressed. You need someone to talk to and unload your thoughts to. Maybe your joking in all this, but usually there is truth to flip comments. I am sure no one here wants to hear about a son killing a father, or a kid killing himself, much less someone from this board doing it!! Use your head here Ok? Do the right thing
ST crew #18
Old 10-30-2003, 01:21 PM   #10
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

yeah, i remember a day when we we dismantling a chair to take to goodwill, and he's undoing some screws and i started to help, and he aims that b.itchslapper at me. i can't take him anymore. sometimes i wish bad things for my father but the next day he's happy again. he's got to get some anger management a la Anger Management.

And besides, i've got pretty good driving skillz. I believe you're a good driver if you are able to handle corners at 100mph, avoid cops for 8 months doing 100mph and no radar detetcion, avoid getting sideswiped by a guy changing lanes as you're trying to pass him, etc. Believe me, even though the autobahn is an american speed freaks dream, as long as there are no cops around, you can do whatever speed you want on the highways.

anyway guys, I'm not really thinking about killing anyone, not even me. It's just that i get so f`ucking frustrated that it seems like a logical idea.

Bookmarks & Social Networks