Aux. input for 6-disc stock radio, Anyone done it? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Aux. input for 6-disc stock radio, Anyone done it?

B4 expending skull sweat checking into whether this can be done, figured I'd ask the experts here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
FocusedSlayer
has a screw loose

Fan#: 59042
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver Sedan SE w/Sap

FF Reputation: 34 FocusedSlayer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
My Aux input is connected to a adapter that I use for a Sirius Sportster satellite radio. And it's on the 6 Disk in dash mp3 player .

Nevermind , I thought that you were asking if anyone uses the Aux input .

Your asking Has anyone done an Aux input . But if you have the 6 disk in dash radio , there shut be a place on the back of the radio I believe , unless they just came on the Mp3 versions .
Team Duratec #01,Sedan Revolution#4, Elder FocusedSlayer, Gump Crew 21

February 2012 Sedan of The Month

Last edited by FocusedSlayer; 02-13-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: mis read the title
Old 02-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
you won't be able to do a direct connect on the 6 disc. the 6 disc doesn't have the needed cd changer port on the back so there is no way to connect it.
only option is the fm modulator type, which from experience pretty much sucks.
Ford offers the trip tunes which is the modulator type for about 30 bucks. it actually plugs in between the antenna and the radio and isn't all to bad unless you have stations close the the frequencies they use. but it wont charge the ipod or whatever, it simply plugs into the headphone jack.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
sailor
"Elder"

tx for the replies, yah - don't have the MP3 type, and I agree - changing channels as you travel to avoid nearby stations isn't fun with the new XM radio I got for the Truck - wanted to do a better hook-up for the car. guess it's only possible with a new radio, or tearing into the old one to see where I can wire in an aux. input....

I'm remembering micro plug jacks that disconnected the old circuit when you plugged a device into them. If you tapped in between devices & amplifier, you should be able to select the input you are high-jacking for the aux. that way....

Any electronics techs got thoughts on that ??
Old 02-14-2011, 04:28 AM   #5
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I know what you are talking about, but its not worth it.. The only external input to the headunit is the radio antenna, in which case, you are just making your own version of fords "trip tunes".

Unless you want to crack open the headunit and try fiddling, theres not much else you can do.

My reccomendation is to lose that headunit as its junk anyway, and go snag a decent afermarket HU. Thats the only effictive way to get what you want.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
sailor
"Elder"

Junk anyways was the reason I would be willing to crack it open just for fun.

If I break it beyond repair, a new better unit becomes a given!

Grin....
Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
Roshambo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 81339
What I Drive: 2005

FF Reputation: 1 Roshambo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
tx for the replies, yah - don't have the MP3 type, and I agree - changing channels as you travel to avoid nearby stations isn't fun with the new XM radio I got for the Truck - wanted to do a better hook-up for the car. guess it's only possible with a new radio, or tearing into the old one to see where I can wire in an aux. input....

I'm remembering micro plug jacks that disconnected the old circuit when you plugged a device into them. If you tapped in between devices & amplifier, you should be able to select the input you are high-jacking for the aux. that way....

Any electronics techs got thoughts on that ??
That's me! That would work in theory... but it might involve soldering RCA's. And unless you know what your doing that won't turn out right. The best way to go imho, would be to buy the Ford Aux Inverter and plug it into the back of the dedicated port in the back of the headunit . Look on the front of your radio, if there is a button to the right of the display that says "Aux" there will be a spot to the back for the ford converter to plug in.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
Acey_Alighieri
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102758
What I Drive: 2005 black ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 Acey_Alighieri Good Standing Member
There is a adaptor you can buy from ford. It is $50-60. I put one in my Focus not too long ago
Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey_Alighieri View Post
There is a adaptor you can buy from ford. It is $50-60. I put one in my Focus not too long ago
This thread is over a year and a half old. He probably resolved the issue by now.

Bookmarks & Social Networks