Need help on a diet that'll work with well my work - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
focusZX505
FOCUS REVOLUTION

Fan#: 19251
What I Drive: 08 Black Coupe

FF Reputation: 4 focusZX505 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Need help on a diet that'll work with well my work

To explain I'm a forklift tech I travel all day in a van I have some time in the morning to make something. All the diets I've looked at require this or that and it just can't be done in my line of work. I'm about 5'8 and have a gut weight about 260 good amount of musle but can't been seen threw the fat. I need some kinda diet. Mind you what I eat for dinner also has to work for my fiancÚ since she's diabetic please help. We are getting married in two years and I wanna look alot better for my wedding. I also wanna be able to buy non wide racing seats :)

Posted via FF Mobile

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
my solution to everything seems to be the paleolithic diet. Basically, meat, fruit, veggies and nuts. It will work well with somebody who has presumably type 2 diabetes as well. I would suggest heavy weight lifting as well. Find a gym open 24 hours/late and spend an hour there four days a week or so and watch the fat melt.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 02-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
deezx5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72153
What I Drive: 2011 Gray Hyundai Elantra GLS

FF Reputation: 3 deezx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A healthy filling quick breakfast is a banana, yogurt, and a bowl of instant oatmeal or cereal bar to go. Green tea is a better source of caffeine then coffee or soda. Lunch would be sandwich on wheat bread with low fat mayo. Wheat crackers instead of chips and some raw veggies like carrots and celery. Portable snacks can be smoked or roasted almonds or other nuts, trail mix without candy, dried fruit, granola.

Dinners include a lean protein like baked or broiled fish, pork loin, chicken breasts, steak, pork chops, ribs, lean ground beef. Then make a salad, veggie side or a small serving of pasta, rice, wheat dinner rolls. 16oz of meat will easily feed 2 people with side dishes.

There are plenty of recipe sites for diabetic like this http://allrecipes.com//Recipes/healt...etic/Main.aspx
Old 02-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman355 View Post
my solution to everything seems to be the paleolithic diet. Basically, meat, fruit, veggies and nuts. It will work well with somebody who has presumably type 2 diabetes as well. I would suggest heavy weight lifting as well. Find a gym open 24 hours/late and spend an hour there four days a week or so and watch the fat melt.
+1 Duffman, your posts usually have decent, common-sense content and this one is no exception.

I would only add that it's JUST AS MUCH ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T EAT as what you DO EAT. Follow the above "Rx" and you'll do well. But also make sure to steer clear of the processed junk that is all-too-available when you're on the road a lot. Gotta grab a meal out of a gas station? Go for something like a trail-mix WITHOUT a lot of extra crap in it. Better yet, get plain almonds and plain peanuts (the two make a complete protein that'll fill and sustain you). AVOID "fatburgers" that most people call hamburgers, and the like... and kick the sodapop habit if you haven't yet and get water instead. You'll see results and be amazed.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAL View Post
+1 Duffman, your posts usually have decent, common-sense content and this one is no exception.
^^^ Appreciate that dude, thank you. The problems with grains and oats are that the body converts them to glucose which is sugar, which only exemplifies the problem . Flip the old food pyramid around, and that is close to being about right. Meats, veggies, fruits, and real nuts are what the human body can truly digest and thrive off of.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 AM   #6
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

not to be hypocritical, but I myself love processed pork products such as hunter sausage and beef jerkey. I recently learned that swine don't have sweat glands? This could be a reason pork products are so high in sodium?
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8

Last edited by Duffman355; 02-05-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
STUNTN247
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62757
What I Drive: 2002 SILVER SE

FF Reputation: 1 STUNTN247 Good Standing Member
I myself don't actually diet,what works for me is I eat about 8 times a day smaller portions more often keeps you from being hungary and also keeps your metabolism going. Also try to away from white foods, which are bleached and mostly just starches I.E bread/ rice/potatoes,and stay away from pop/soda,especially the diet ones because your body can't break down processed sugars and just ends up storing them as fat.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
I agree with Duff- avoid bread, rice, and potatoes. Those are complex carbohydrates, and by avoiding those you'll train your body to use the energy stored in your fat. You'll also want to avoid the simple sugars that you can avoid- soda, sweet tea, ice cream, etc. It doesn't happen overnight, but by avoiding carbs you basically retrain your body to use up fat energy. When you reach an acceptable weight, you can add things like bread and potatoes to your diet.

As far as the avoid foods with fat goes- forget it. Eat the meats and stuff, just stay away from the starches- pasta included. If you like lasagna, for example, make mousakke using eggplant instead of pasta.

Low sodium V8= great for veggies. Nutrients get into your blood stream faster with liquids than with solid food that must be processed by the stomach.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks