602whp 488ftlbs 35psi. GTX3076r. - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #51
Top Speed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77307
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 07 ZX3, 04 Sedan, 02 ZX3

Points 7,713, Level 58
Points: 7,713, Level: 58 Points: 7,713, Level: 58 Points: 7,713, Level: 58
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 Top Speed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
You still dont understand , that tests the ETHANOL CONTANT not the final octane # the fuel used to mix all this could be anything from 85 to 91 depending on whats left laying around and that could have a HUGH impact on the final octane

I could give a crap if he uses 85 octane thats up to him just like using e85 , more power to him but others reading this need to know the facts and the FACTS are this is an unstable and octane unpredictable unregulated fuel

Tom
Yeah but to be fair, could you not argue the same points with 93 octane. I think I remember a post that 03OrangeSVT had where he had left your shop and had an issue with his motor and attributed it to bad gas at the pump. I may not know the ins and outs of that situation so correct me if I am wrong. But the point remains that clearly bad gas is out there, no matter how 'controlled' the testing is.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #52
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,259, Level 100
Points: 51,259, Level: 100 Points: 51,259, Level: 100 Points: 51,259, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Speed View Post
Yeah but to be fair, could you not argue the same points with 93 octane. I think I remember a post that 03OrangeSVT had where he had left your shop and had an issue with his motor and attributed it to bad gas at the pump. I may not know the ins and outs of that situation so correct me if I am wrong. But the point remains that clearly bad gas is out there, no matter how 'controlled' the testing is.
Agree 100% , BUT when you go to a e85 pump it says 105 but they can put what ever "e" fuel they want to mix into the ground , "unregulated fuel" basicly do what octane they have around TO UNPREDICTABLE

93 you expect to get 93 yes they get greedy at times or by mistake put other octanes in. "regulated fuel" and can be sued if you can prove its lower then on the pump , I have done this with VP and a local station , it was the stations fault NOT VP , with the new laws about this very slim chance to not get whats on the pumps

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 01-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #53
02CDSVTF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73863
What I Drive: 02 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 02CDSVTF Good Standing Member
tom what are you gonna say when i come back down here later this year and wax that unicorn dyno chart u have? jw.

on class 5083740892340892 ethanol.

it seems like u just cant be happy for anyone. you always have to nitpick something and make some nonsense about it to deter people from doing things you never did or could do.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #54
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Points 51,259, Level 100
Points: 51,259, Level: 100 Points: 51,259, Level: 100 Points: 51,259, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 22%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Speed View Post
I agree that the octane can be different, that is why I wrote my timing maps as if it was E70 not E85 because there is no way to know what he will be getting on a consistent basis. but quite frankly, i don't believe andy is worried about it. He wanted to be different and wanted to use E85, he knows the risks and will continue to run it.
Im confused and have some questions , how did you write the file for something you havent tested before on that engine at that power level ? , how did you know how e70 would respond at that power level in that engine ?

Tuned properly you could only tune for whats in front of you (no previous base tuning with that fuel) and fuel in the tank

Not trying to bust you ball just trying to see what your trying to say ?

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #55
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Points 51,259, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 22%
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02CDSVTF View Post
tom what are you gonna say when i come back down here later this year and wax that unicorn dyno chart u have? jw.

on class 5083740892340892 ethanol.

it seems like u just cant be happy for anyone. you always have to nitpick something and make some nonsense about it to deter people from doing things you never did or could do.
I was the first to do it and have done it , this is why I am saying these things so other dont blindly wander into things with out knowing the FACTS if you know and then do it and something happens they know , much like ts said about you but you obvious didnt know a lot about e85 and are to hard headed to read about it and learn

I am happy for ts they did a GREAT build your just paying the bill

I hope you run 10.95 @ 137MPH or faster on DOT tires with a full interior car with A/C and P/S , I am happy ts made 600+HP its GREAT but I already said that long ago

GREAT JOB top speed

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 01-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #56
02CDSVTF
Focus Enthusiast

r u kidding me?

just paying the bill? wtf. thats like me telling you welll.......u made that power but u didnt forge your own pistons...so your just paying the bill for it....
Old 01-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #57
Top Speed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77307
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 07 ZX3, 04 Sedan, 02 ZX3

Points 7,713, Level 58
Points: 7,713, Level: 58 Points: 7,713, Level: 58 Points: 7,713, Level: 58
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 Top Speed Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Im confused and have some questions , how did you write the file for something you havent tested before on that engine at that power level ? , how did you know how e70 would respond at that power level in that engine ?

Tuned properly you could only tune for whats in front of you (no previous base tuning with that fuel) and fuel in the tank

Not trying to bust you ball just trying to see what your trying to say ?

Tom
I really don't understand what your question is? because you are basically implying that if you have never tuned it that you should never start because technically you haven't proven what you are starting with?

I mean seriously this is not the first car I have ever tuned, anyone that tunes a wide variety of cars like I do, has a good understanding of what is at play and can determine where they need to be.

the timing curve was very conservative and still is. I feel confident in it. And I really don't know what more needs to be said about it.

It doesn't really matter I guess.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #58
Bellicose
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57071
What I Drive: 07 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 Bellicose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
great work, are you still going to be in NC this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02CDSVTF View Post
r u kidding me?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #59
02CDSVTF
Focus Enthusiast

hey tom. bryan did a great job of TUNING my car. he did not put the engine in the car or install the return fuel setup. lolz.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #60
Bellicose
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57071
What I Drive: 07 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 Bellicose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
burp

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.