602whp 488ftlbs 35psi. GTX3076r. - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #31
Jgrove998
i <3 my ST

Fan#: 45311
What I Drive: '12 Fusion SE V6

FF Reputation: 24 Jgrove998 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
^Thanks Top Speed for the posting the latest dyno with the RPM.

Whats the specs on this car?
'07 ST ; formally bewst'd - R.I.P
D23 Crew: #07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #32
bmylez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 64637
What I Drive: 2003 350Z Track

FF Reputation: 23 bmylez Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOADED View Post
my focus still has hope lol

Impressive #s i bet you beat up on stock vettes and stangs all day every day!
Stock Vettes? Child's play. Mustangs? Even slower. Stolle will be in league with highly modified Cobras, ridonkulous Evos, etc. 600 is the big boys club. Stock cars need not apply.
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 GT - cursed
2003 350Z Track - basically stock, and it runs
Old 01-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #33
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Guessing that was what 35-37psi ?

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #34
Top Speed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77307
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 07 ZX3, 04 Sedan, 02 ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Top Speed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrove998 View Post
^Thanks Top Speed for the posting the latest dyno with the RPM.

Whats the specs on this car?
It is one of our standard short blocks and ported head with our turbo kit.

Eagle Rods
SRP Professional Pistons
ARP Head and Main Studs
Supertech Valves
Eibach Springs
Stock Retainers
Stock Main Caps
Comp Stage 2 Camshafts
Stock Oil Pump

Top Speed Race Intake Manifold
Top Speed Street Turbo Manifold
GTX3076 w/ TiAL .63 A/R Turbine Housing
3" Downpipe
2.5" Hot Side / 3.0" Cold Side
Top Speed Intercooler
Competition Stage 5 Unsprung Hub Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #35
cheap sleeper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59848
What I Drive: 2001 black zx3

FF Reputation: 3 cheap sleeper Good Standing Member
gnarly :p is there a vid link?!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #36
Top Speed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77307
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 07 ZX3, 04 Sedan, 02 ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Top Speed Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Guessing that was what 35-37psi ?

Tom
It was about the same as last night. 34-35psi. Just got the clutch to hold good. He had leaked fluid on it last night.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #37
Blackcatn2o
soon to be turbo!

Fan#: 48278
What I Drive: 06 silver ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 48 Blackcatn2o Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
~I could see any rubber seal that e85 comes in contact with eating away, which would in include gas lines, seals in the tank, seals in the pump, valve seals. If one of those fuel lines bust open over the down pipe...Fire.

~worst mpg's (20-30%)
Old 01-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #38
02CDSVTF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73863
What I Drive: 02 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 02CDSVTF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcatn2o View Post
~I could see any rubber seal that e85 comes in contact with eating away, which would in include gas lines, seals in the tank, seals in the pump, valve seals. If one of those fuel lines bust open over the down pipe...Fire.

~worst mpg's (20-30%)

ethanol does not harm seals. thats some billy bob myth made up on the internet. find me proof it eats seals. HARD EVIDENCE WITH PICTURES!!!!

as u can clearly see. it makes buttloads of power...try that power with something else you can swipe your card at the pump and get a carwash with over 8 gallons bought.

ps. cars NASTY!!!!!!!! cant wait to get home and let the car smoke a set of 16's i got at home. :)
Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #39
egbertnr
Focus Factor

Fan#: 27383
What I Drive: 2011 Blue FX4 F150 SCREW Boosted

FF Reputation: 7 egbertnr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02CDSVTF View Post
ethanol does not harm seals. thats some billy bob myth made up on the internet. find me proof it eats seals. HARD EVIDENCE WITH PICTURES!!!!

as u can clearly see. it makes buttloads of power...try that power with something else you can swipe your card at the pump and get a carwash with over 8 gallons bought.

ps. cars NASTY!!!!!!!! cant wait to get home and let the car smoke a set of 16's i got at home. :)
When you say that does it have to be a focus or is that open to any cars..bc I have a few in mind, one of which is in my garage.

But seriously not bad, curious what its like driving something like that, and how when full boost hits.

2013 Focus ST3 Performance Blue-Gone
89 Mustang 5.0 Turbo 670 rwhp-Gone
03 SVT Focus Turbo 326whp/278wtq-Gone
Old 01-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #40
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodpin1 View Post
Its not unregulated, the minimum ethanol content for e85 is 70% (e70) which is about 95, where as the highest fuel grade ethanol is e98 (98% ethanol) which is about 108. The car is being tuned for e70 which is what we have at the pumps in Wisconsin right now and is the lowest grade ethanol we can get. Therefore there should be no problem running any E85 ever, wherever.
You sir have no idea what your talking about and I can tell you have done NO testing with E85 yet you want to come here beating on your chest like you know

Reading for thought
"The first thing we need to know is that E85, the most common of the ethanol fuel blends, is actually three fuel grades. Class 1 or "pure" E85 contains 80 to 84 percent ethanol, while the remainder of the blend is commercial-grade (around 85 pump octane) gasoline. Class 2 or E75 is 75 to 79 percent ethanol, while Class 3 or E70 is 70 to 74 percent ethanol. However, all three classes of fuel may be marketed as E85 at various times during the year. While it seems confusing, this is done mainly to offer better cold-starting performance-which is a problem with ethanol fuels. Since straight ethanol has a relatively low Reid vapor pressure (meaning it doesn't like to light off at low temperatures), greater percentages of gasoline are added to the blend for colder weather. So while E85 is often described as 105 pump octane, its actual rating can vary depending upon the seasonal blend. Naturally, higher gasoline content will tend to lower the pump octane from 105 for "pure" E85 to perhaps 100 for E75-though these figures are approximations, it is important to note. Since ethanol is relatively new on the consumer scene, it is just not as thoroughly documented or standardized as gasoline. This is why, in part, you may see E85 described as anywhere from 100 to 106 octane."

There is no octane police for e85 like for std fuels they all post 105 octane on the pumps and thats legal and the only fuel sold in the US that can say 105 on the pump but test 94-104 octane and the gas station not be in any trouble

I have seen e85 tested as low as 93 octane ,The research octane of ethanol is impressively high, which is a beautiful thing for high-compression and high-boost applications. However, its motor octane (the more extreme standard) is relatively low when compared to racing gasolines of similar (R+M)/2 octane. What this means is that E85 is highly resistant to knock but somewhat sensitive to preignition, comparatively speaking. (Knock and preignition are two different conditions: Knock is spontaneous combustion in the end gases before the flame-front can arrive, while preignition takes place before the timed ignition spark occurs, typically due to localized incandescence or hot spots in the combustion chamber.) to hot a spk plug (heat range) which the sp463 are thats why I made my own cold spk plugs for my high HP racing

Take the FACT that e85 is not regulated for octane and the FACT that it has a lower motor octane (either one will cause engine failure) these two togather could cause some serious issues

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->