SCT Problems (User Adjustments Not working) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
SCT Problems (User Adjustments Not working)

I adjust my settings for AFR and all my other settings for dyno tuning... and its not taking the adjustment what causes this? My 2step is set to 4k normally and default is 3500 and its loading 3500 instead of my desired 4000... Its basically just loading the default Focussport tune... Now that i changed the cams i wanted to adjust it a bit and get my AFR to 12.8-13.0 and for some odd reason non of my user adjustments work...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing Member Blivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
What device do you have and what firmware is on it?

The 2 step only works if it is enabled in your tune. If your tuner did not enable it then the adjustments for that will do nothing.

For the user adjustments are you going through the process correctly? When you go into the adjustment menu you scroll through the options then press select on what you want to adjust (in this case WOT air/fuel...which only changes air/fuel at wide open throttle and no other point.) You then scroll through the options of richer or leaner and press select on what you want; this will take it back to the previous menu. If that is all you want to adjust you press cancel indicating you are finished. Then press select on "begin program." If you press cancel on the value you want instead of select then the option does not apply.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
You should datalog send it to your tuner then get your tuner to make the adjustments with in your tune

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
ive had this same problem ever since i first got my xcal2. i finally gave up on it and just run the defaults and if i need it tweaked then ill get it tweaked. it must be a problem with the xcal itself because ive gotten tunes from focussport, focus power, and a local dyno loaded on my flasher and i got the same problem with all 3 different tuners. so it must either be the flasher or the person using it. using a flasher isnt rocket science so im leaning towards the flasher being the culprit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Xcal2, focussport, Im using correctly... It seems sometimes it accepts the programming I tell it to and sometimes it doesn't... It's really being a pita because I can't dyno it properly..

I'm saving the changes everytime... Even when I load to try installing again the changes on the tuner are still saved but the car is still running the default and the firmware is like 1.4 or something if I remember looking at it right yesterday.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

I did it this morning while the car was cold and it tuned it exactly the way i wanted.. IDK if i cant tune it while the car is hot or if i cant tune it while the door is closed.. Im just confused on what the heck this things problem is..
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #7
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
it seems we are both having the same problem and in my experience thus far the car being hot or cold, the doors or lights or radio or anything else being on or open has no effect either. it seems like it just has moods. sometimes it feels like taking it and other times it doesnt. i really would like to get this straitened out myself but im thinking i may have to just bite the bullet and get an xcal3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->