TRAINING - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Exclamation TRAINING

TRAINING

There are just about as many ways to train as there are ways to diet.... but none the less you can't get optimal weight loss/gain (depending on your own goals) without some form of training.

CARDIO
From just a pure weight loss point of view cardio is king..... it is perhaps the easiest form of exercise there is... all you have to do is put one foot in front of the other and there you go.

Alot of people will say...."I dont have time for cardio"........ BULL SHIT.

To get your heart rate up to where you will burn fat only takes 20 minutes of brisk walking 3 times a week. So the next time you cry I dont have time.... turn off the TV, log off the internet, get off your ass and go for a short 20 minute walk..... your body will thank you for it later on.

Weights

Lifting weights are another great way to help promote weight loss... but you need equipment and a place to do it. Lifting does have a great upside to it... you will loose fat, gain muscle, get stronger and feel over all better.... not to mention it can also help with back and joint pain (usually caused by weak muscles and ligaments)

There are still all kinds of other exercises like hiking, biking, swiming, old school exercises like push ups, jumping jacks ect.... so many thers no way I'm even gonna try to cover them all.

Regaurdless of what form of exercise you try it will help you reach your goals.

KEEP IN MIND EVERY WEIGHT LOSS PILL OUT THERE ALWAYS SAYS WITH PROPER DIET AND EXERCISE IN FINE PRINT

2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
While I'm at it, might as well throw out my training schedule. I work out 4 days a week, doing 5x5 sets and reps. Monday is chest day with the main exercises being flat bench, slight incline bench, dips, and other smaller exercises. Tuesday is back day. I deadlift every other week while mixing in a combination of upper and lower back exercises. Wednesday is shoulder day where the focus is on overhead press and seated dumbbell press. Lastly, thursday is Lower body day. I do heavy deep squats, leg press, and some light hammy and calf work. I have been thinking of possibly combining chest and shoulders into one day and possibly separating lower back and upper back, but I'm kind of lazy, and content right now with what I am doing.

I used to hate exercising, but now I like it. I love the testosterone surges, being able to eat whatever I want, and the visual results. The first week was horrible, and particularity after squat day, I had ever been in so much pain for 3 days straight. Well, that is a slight exaggeration, but walking hurt, and stairs were even worse. But after that first week, all has been pretty calm.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 01-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

Fan#: 44516
What I Drive: 06 RED ST/SAP1

FF Reputation: 34 strung Great Standing Member
cardio is highly underestimated...i lifted weight for two years and not alot happened to me...then the military came along...all we did was PT (physicall training)...run two miles one morning, then a burn out session the next(excessive push up's and sit up's) then back to the two mile run the next morning...after basic i started in martial arts...talk about cardio...freakn awesome cardio depending on the style you choose...i could make myself and the class literatelty breathless ans sweating our asses off after a 1 minute kata/form..its because you were so focused and intense in the form that you really put everything you had into it...and it made a difference..as that same principal goes for any excercise..if you just merrely do the movements you wont feel a damn thing afterwards...you gotta feel the burn afterwards..or you wasted your own time...now between you weight lifters looking for mass or people loosing weight or just simply looing to become tone, remember cardio is key...if you put your mind on that, then the rest of the traing you put your mind to will fall into place.
ST CREW #62
put your motor where your mouth is.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
LikwidZX5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34180
What I Drive: 2006 ST w/ SAP2

FF Reputation: 4 LikwidZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I love when I hear people say they "don't have time" to exercise. It's those same people that I've talked to that admitted driving around the parking lot for several minutes looking for that close parking spot and who take the elevator up a couple floors instead of using the stairs. Physical activity is all around, and people always take the easy way out. It's such a shame that society has come to that.

MW/SR/D23/ST Crew
Old 01-26-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Cardio is definitely a great and easy way to get fit.

For those having issues starting Cardio training, for me it was incremental.

You start with a basic comfortable walk for about a week or two depending on how much easier your body feels it can take. Walk for about 2-3 miles.
Then in 2 weeks do about 1-2 miles walking and 1-2 miles brisk walking.
Then in 2 weeks again, 1-2 miles brisk walking and then 1-2 miles light jogging
And the pattern goes from there ...
light jogging - > brisk walk - > jogging
Jogging - > brisk walk - > jogging
jogging - > sprints - > jogging
Jogging - > comfortable running

I think when you slowly get your body adjusted to it ... it helps from getting burnt out of exercise.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

TeamFocalize Head Honcho

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.

OFFICIAL FOCUSFEST PHOTOS POSTED:CLICKY HERE TO SEE THE AREA OF PHOTOS
Old 01-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman355 View Post
While I'm at it, might as well throw out my training schedule. I work out 4 days a week, doing 5x5 sets and reps.
By any chance are you using the Stronglifts 5x5 routine??? If not you may want to check out their site....it seems to be the best 5x5 routine that I've tried.

www.stronglifts.com
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 02-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
edingeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1152
What I Drive: 03 SVTf & 00 Xploder AWD 5.0

FF Reputation: 4 edingeek Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I don't do cardio... Well.. sometimes I do like 10-15 min of HiT cardio, cpl times a week... That's it :D

Packing on more muscle is best, the more muscle you put on, the more calories you burn at rest.

Bookmarks & Social Networks