Zetec Race Header Development - Spy Shots! - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #31
sgtsmasher
need new focus?!

Fan#: 65000
What I Drive: 01 cd silver 3 door ztec

FF Reputation: 2 sgtsmasher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^^ hey now every thread is entitled to someones PO...if you dont like it dont put yours in...im not trying to be peace keeper or trouble maker im in between btw
Hatch Nation #72
Call Me BRANDO COMMANDO
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #32
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 2 7.3 L Diesel Excursions!

Points 27,592, Level 98
Points: 27,592, Level: 98 Points: 27,592, Level: 98 Points: 27,592, Level: 98
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
just wanna see the dyno!!! i'm lookin forward to it!

Now I rive 2 7.3 L diesel trucks!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #33
sgtsmasher
need new focus?!

Fan#: 65000
What I Drive: 01 cd silver 3 door ztec

FF Reputation: 2 sgtsmasher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
amen to that ^^
Hatch Nation #72
Call Me BRANDO COMMANDO
Old 01-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #34
drostedrummer89
I <3 my SVT

Fan#: 69059
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic SVT

Points 5,187, Level 46
Points: 5,187, Level: 46 Points: 5,187, Level: 46 Points: 5,187, Level: 46
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 8 drostedrummer89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedfocus View Post
well, go buy an svt header and stop crowding up the thread with your opinion. We all know even if it did free up 30whp on a stock zetec but cost a grand you still wouldn't buy one. So leave the real headers to people making power.
Thats rude. We are having an otherwie civilized conversation about a new product, and what is already out there that it has to compete with. I do have an svt header, waiting to be installed. Its not God's gift to mankind, its a hunk of metal. If TS can beat svt, then sweet. 1000 bucks for a focus header that probably won't beat the svt by more than 3 hp is probably a waste of TopSpeed's time. If the gains are higher or the price is lower, then its a different story.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 01-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #35
bumpnzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72134
What I Drive: '00 Maliblue ZX3 & '02 InfraRed ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bumpnzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Very few of you really seem to get it, nor do all of you really see where/who this header is aimed at. All of you keep saying you want to see dyno numbers- but on what kind of combination? This header isn't meant for a Zetec with a few bolt-ons and a set of "Stage 1" or "Stage 2" cams slapped into a stock head. This header is for those who are doing a complete NA build or supercharged build - someone who would most likely need more than what an SVT or JBA has to offer. In order to give a fair dyno comparison, TS would have to do some sort of wild engine build and swap back and forth between the headers. It's not like they can just do side by side dyno comparisons with the engine shown in the pictures and consider it a good test. If they were to use that engine, then yes- you would probably be better off sticking with an SVT header.

It's like trying to compare a set of Eagle H-beams to a set of Carrillo's. You get what you pay for, and in most cases people don't NEED to pony up for the Carrillo's. It's a small niche market. If the Eagle's will work well for your combination and support the power you are looking to make, there's no point in pissing away the extra money on the better product - it will never be put in the correct environment for it to really shine.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #36
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 2 7.3 L Diesel Excursions!

Points 27,592, Level 98
Points: 27,592, Level: 98 Points: 27,592, Level: 98 Points: 27,592, Level: 98
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
correct, thats why i WANT to see the dyno!!! the JBA headers dyno'd better than the SVT UP top, but they lost down low, if its all out race, than its a different story. most roots type sc applications will do well, cause they make good torque down low anyways. and it could be the way to go. for an NA setup like i had, it could be the way to go.

what i'm doing is comparing it to the SVT header as its "PRETTY MUCH" the industry standard for best header out there. depending on the dyno results, it will show which market its for. If it makes amazing torque below 6k, then its a DD and Bolton and beats out the svt, if it makes amazing hp above that, then its a race, sc'd application. thats why dyno results are very important. its hard to justify buying something that you have no info on. in general, it seams like it will be more of a race header. but it may not even beat the SVT at 8k rpm (which didn't flow great above about 7500 rpm), just sayin.

Now I rive 2 7.3 L diesel trucks!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #37
bumpnzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72134
What I Drive: '00 Maliblue ZX3 & '02 InfraRed ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bumpnzx3 Good Standing Member
Although it's not the same setup as a JBA, the primaries follow fairly close to the same path. Additionally, it's a 4-1 design, and has (what appear to be) larger primaries than the JBA - that, to me, would tell me it's going to make more power up top rather than down low.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #38
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

Points 14,483, Level 78
Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
My favorite noob by far ( dont take it as a insult) you seem to understand what the other dont.

For all you not wanting to go all out, just sit behind the keyboard and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpnzx3 View Post
Very few of you really seem to get it, nor do all of you really see where/who this header is aimed at. All of you keep saying you want to see dyno numbers- but on what kind of combination? This header isn't meant for a Zetec with a few bolt-ons and a set of "Stage 1" or "Stage 2" cams slapped into a stock head. This header is for those who are doing a complete NA build or supercharged build - someone who would most likely need more than what an SVT or JBA has to offer. In order to give a fair dyno comparison, TS would have to do some sort of wild engine build and swap back and forth between the headers. It's not like they can just do side by side dyno comparisons with the engine shown in the pictures and consider it a good test. If they were to use that engine, then yes- you would probably be better off sticking with an SVT header.

It's like trying to compare a set of Eagle H-beams to a set of Carrillo's. You get what you pay for, and in most cases people don't NEED to pony up for the Carrillo's. It's a small niche market. If the Eagle's will work well for your combination and support the power you are looking to make, there's no point in pissing away the extra money on the better product - it will never be put in the correct environment for it to really shine.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Old 01-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #39
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
That's probably overkill for a Focus......but DAMN does it look nice!!!!
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 01-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #40
drostedrummer89
I <3 my SVT

Fan#: 69059
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic SVT

Points 5,187, Level 46
Points: 5,187, Level: 46 Points: 5,187, Level: 46 Points: 5,187, Level: 46
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 8 drostedrummer89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I do agree with bumnzx3, that a bolton or stock dyno won't do much of anything. but I think getting an FF members wild NA or supercharged svt onto the dyno and offering the header for a big discount to them would definately be profitable. I think you'd just need all boltons, an FR or comparable ported head, some cams, and a tune that would let you take it past 7k to see where this header shines.

also, who doesnt like to see dyno sheets, even if it were a stocker? do it to it!

matt
Posted via FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
header , svt , zetec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.