Best WAY TO CHANGE THE INTERIOR?? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades

SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2002-204 SVT Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
bcLVSn95
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 77828
What I Drive: 2003 infared svt!

FF Reputation: 1 bcLVSn95 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Best WAY TO CHANGE THE INTERIOR??

The SVTF I bought this weekend has red and black seats with red trim in the doors. What would be the best way to change the red to black? I"ve looked online and seen a lot of people useing some sort of interior spray paint on their seats and trim with so-so results. Is this the best way without getting a new interior installed? Any help would be great, and thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Well like door pieces, yes they can be changed or painted, as for the seats I wouldn't paint them, but maybe look at changing just the leather out for another set of one's that are just black, you know what I'm saying? Just take the leather off not the foam and whole seat.

As for the dash and other trim panels yes there is ways to paint them, check out our how-to's and it will tell you the whole sanding and priming before paint process.

EDIT: here we go, this is how to change the color of the door material. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243997
And with this link here, you can find the rest of the ways to change the inside of your car.> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=65218
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 02-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
bcLVSn95
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

The leather portion is already black, and thats cool, but its the cloth portion thats red. I was hopeing to paint or dye them black to match the leather. I"ll try to post pics if I can do it with my cell. Thanks for the link to changing the panels, I"ll add it to my to-do list. Where can I get black seude?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
id try to trade for a set of EAP Recaros +cash on your end if I were you. that way you have black seats that are awesome, someone else can enjoy the red svt seats and you dont risk ruining a set.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
FuhFuh Focus
Stuff about Florida

Fan#: 67230
What I Drive: 2002 Mazda Protegé ES

FF Reputation: 7 FuhFuh Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickboy View Post
id try to trade for a set of EAP Recaros +cash on your end if I were you. that way you have black seats that are awesome, someone else can enjoy the red svt seats and you dont risk ruining a set.
This.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i wouldn't bother with trying to spray out the red in the seats. Either trade the interior pieces with somebody who has full black leather seats, or buy some seat covers that you like.

As for the panels in the side, you can probably trade thouse out too if you want, or you can follow the instructions, and replace the cloth to your liking.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
Yocrew
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54713
What I Drive: 02RedSVT #306

FF Reputation: 19 Yocrew Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
It depends on what you wanna spend. Ill post a link tomorrow for new leather skins. But it's gonna run you 700 - 1k. I found a company online that already has done our tote of seats. You can get pretty much anything.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
FuhFuh Focus
Stuff about Florida

Fan#: 67230
What I Drive: 2002 Mazda Protegé ES

FF Reputation: 7 FuhFuh Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocrew View Post
It depends on what you wanna spend. Ill post a link tomorrow for new leather skins. But it's gonna run you 700 - 1k. I found a company online that already has done our tote of seats. You can get pretty much anything.
For that much I feel like your just better off with trading for Recaros.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #9
Davey Boy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78161
What I Drive: 03 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 5 Davey Boy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by djzx3 View Post
Well like door pieces, yes they can be changed or painted, as for the seats I wouldn't paint them, but maybe look at changing just the leather out for another set of one's that are just black, you know what I'm saying? Just take the leather off not the foam and whole seat.

As for the dash and other trim panels yes there is ways to paint them, check out our how-to's and it will tell you the whole sanding and priming before paint process.

EDIT: here we go, this is how to change the color of the door material. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243997
And with this link here, you can find the rest of the ways to change the inside of your car.> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=65218
Haha! Hell yeah! I'm so happy my tut got referenced!
Changing the inserts is relatively easy, just be super patient with it when pulling them off so you don't have to recreate them like I did. I looked into it and the best I could tell the easiest way to change out the seat cloth is just buy a new set of seats. I was hoping to change if for a lighter red that matches my suede but thats WAY too expensive for me :(
Old 02-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #10
bcLVSn95
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thanks for all the tips guys, I've posted in the WTB for the EAP seats, and I"ll be changing over the panels myself....as soon sa I find a store that sells black suede!

Bookmarks & Social Networks