sct x3 down load failure, now my engine wont start! - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #31
dli014
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95096
What I Drive: 09 FOCUS

FF Reputation: 1 dli014 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
That is an option. If you take your pcm out and send it to us along with your tuner we can connect it to our test bench and flash it.
hey, i run into such troubles now, i can not return to stock or custom tune.
please, please help me out, what I can do.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #32
svtf1417
MOAR BEWST!!!!

Fan#: 58428
What I Drive: 2001 ZTS, 2002 SVTF Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 6 svtf1417 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchyamp View Post
So I just wanted to say a big thank you to 1turbofocus, Blivit and the guys at SCT. I got a call from one of your techs (I wish I could remember his name, started with "J" I believe) and they upgraded me to a livewire unit in exchange for my xcal3 unit which was having a hard time flashing my pcm. I received the livewire unit on monday or tuesday and right away went to flash it to return it to stock and it worked on its first try with no problems! I then flashed 2 more custom tunes to it with no problems. The car is running again, though it needs more tuning as its still a little rough around the edges. Thank you so much, you guys really went above and beyond to take care of me and help me out with this.
Mine failed and started showing dashes even with the xcal unplugged, and failed at 4% religiously trying to load the stock tune. My ECU and xcal3 are on their way to SCT as we speak. They should get it tomorrow, cant wait to hear the verdict.
[#1417] 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus
Born on June 25, 2002

2001 Silver ZTS Sedan - "Ol' Reliable"
Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #33
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,292, Level 100
Points: 51,292, Level: 100 Points: 51,292, Level: 100 Points: 51,292, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Have 2 more guys with the same issues failing at 4% seems to be a real problem with these new SCT updates

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #34
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

Points 2,287, Level 28
Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing Member Blivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Have 2 more guys with the same issues failing at 4% seems to be a real problem with these new SCT updates

Tom
Has nothing to do with any new updates. Flashing on the SVT has been a problem for a long time.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #35
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Points 51,292, Level 100
Points: 51,292, Level: 100 Points: 51,292, Level: 100 Points: 51,292, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 24%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
I have never had as many issues I am having now , whats changed , I have worked on 5 SVT in the last 4 weeks being in NC and had to bench flash 3 on them , pulled fuses , Batt hot ,

Had to reflash one at Ford (tow bill + my down time customer had to pay)and sell him a new xcal , bench flashed it and it worked fine

All 3 cars that I had to bench flash the Predator loaded with no issues through the OBDII port so it wasnt a SVT car issue

Also major issues datalogging with Gen2 cant get it to log on any SVT , go back to 6.5 and it stops logging after 1-3 min (2 of the 5 SVT) grabbed a very old x3 and it logs fine

I sure wish we could get these issues fixed

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #36
bespurcell
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60917
What I Drive: 2003 black svt

FF Reputation: 2 bespurcell Good Standing Member
I had probs flashing mine too. Took a good hour or more of trying different things to get it to work.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #37
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

Points 2,287, Level 28
Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28 Points: 2,287, Level: 28
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing Member Blivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I have never had as many issues I am having now , whats changed , I have worked on 5 SVT in the last 4 weeks being in NC and had to bench flash 3 on them , pulled fuses , Batt hot ,

Had to reflash one at Ford (tow bill + my down time customer had to pay)and sell him a new xcal , bench flashed it and it worked fine

All 3 cars that I had to bench flash the Predator loaded with no issues through the OBDII port so it wasnt a SVT car issue

Also major issues datalogging with Gen2 cant get it to log on any SVT , go back to 6.5 and it stops logging after 1-3 min (2 of the 5 SVT) grabbed a very old x3 and it logs fine

I sure wish we could get these issues fixed

Tom
If it is only an "updated" device problem why do I have a device from one of your customers running firmware that is 5 versions old that has an issue flashing the SVT? New and old firmware can have problems.

Some SVT's flash fine every time. Some have random issues while others have a hard time flashing at all. Ford used this processor in ONE vehicle. The 216k processor for example was used in virtually every Ford from 1996-2003. They spend a lot of money on development and to spend that money on a single processor tells me that they knew there were issues. There are references to the SVT flashing problems in old Ford TSB's.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #38
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Points 51,292, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 24%
I agree it was used in 1 car , the Black Oak was a stepping stone and its a real issue but those issues all can be worked out it comes down to spending the time to work them out which SCT doesnt want to spend the time doing from a buissness stand point I can understand that , from a seller and a Customer I cannot

You say it isnt an update issue but there is firmware updates , software updates ,live link updates that have worked flawless , Why does the Predator load tunes and datalog on ALL the SVT that the SCT will not , if it were a SVT issues seems to me that both would have issues loading no?

I know you think I am allways busting your balls but I am not , I understand its a low # built ECU ,I know SCT doesnt want to spend the time to fix the issues because of that

Still doesnt make my life any easier when I get 54 calls in 2 days with SCT issues from 3 Customers

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #39
Dago
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33842
What I Drive: 2004 comp orange svt

Points 4,462, Level 42
Points: 4,462, Level: 42 Points: 4,462, Level: 42 Points: 4,462, Level: 42
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Dago Good Standing Member
I'm having the same problem here, I already sent the programmer back with my ecu and xcal, got both of them back today, now it's been two weeks and the xcal wouldn't load the tune it always stops at 4% and when I try to send it back to stock it will stop at 4% again.
I don't know what to do, I already paid for towing it and getting it back to stock at the dealer (xcal advise and $200 bill) before sending out the unit to xcal, my svt is my daily driver and now it's been sitting for 2 weeks.

John 3:16
Old 02-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #40
Dago
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33842
What I Drive: 2004 comp orange svt

Points 4,462, Level 42
Points: 4,462, Level: 42 Points: 4,462, Level: 42 Points: 4,462, Level: 42
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Dago Good Standing Member
Now they want me to "try" with the livewire device, they say it "should" work, but what if it doesn't, now they are trying to make me spend another $200-$300 just to try. Assuming I would be willing to spend the extra money the device won't let me go back to stock to unlock it and send it back to Focus Power to do the exchange, this is my daily driver and I need my car, this shouldn't be happening.

John 3:16

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.