sct x3 down load failure, now my engine wont start! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 AM   #21
FocusedSlayer
has a screw loose

Fan#: 59042
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver Sedan SE w/Sap

FF Reputation: 34 FocusedSlayer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
You could always go to your Ford Dealer and do it out in the parking lot, That way if your tune fails to download , you'll already have the car at the dealer and most of them use some type of WIFI to do ECU updates/Flashes . Or the dealer that I got my Focus from does it that way.

I know this because I didn't properly return my Focus back to stock before updating the Firmware on my Xcal 3 and it erased my Ecu and I had to have it towed in for a reflash :/ .
Team Duratec #01,Sedan Revolution#4, Elder FocusedSlayer, Gump Crew 21

February 2012 Sedan of The Month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #22
Top Speed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77307
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 07 ZX3, 04 Sedan, 02 ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Top Speed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchyamp View Post
Also, I get paid friday so where should I buy the prp from?
We have SCT Pro-Racer Package for sale on our site.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #23
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70907
What I Drive: 2002 pitch black focus SVT turbo

FF Reputation: 1 anarchyamp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusedSlayer View Post
You could always go to your Ford Dealer and do it out in the parking lot, That way if your tune fails to download , you'll already have the car at the dealer and most of them use some type of WIFI to do ECU updates/Flashes . Or the dealer that I got my Focus from does it that way.

I know this because I didn't properly return my Focus back to stock before updating the Firmware on my Xcal 3 and it erased my Ecu and I had to have it towed in for a reflash :/ .
LOL yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of doing hahaha that way if it fails to download properly again ill already be right there and i'll just say "ok...push it in to one of the bays..." how much did they charge you for that?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #24
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

UPDATE
Time to bring this thread back once again...so it's been 3 months and I now have the car turbocharged and everything. (hooray lol it was a lot of hard work) I never could get the preloaded tune that came with my xcal3 to work but that doesn't matter. I bought the pro racer package and after getting all the turbo stuff installed and tons of money and frustration later a buddy and I tuned the car with sct's prp software and loaded a custom tune on it to make it run. We started making changes and loading another new custom tune, and another new custom tune, etc. until we got the afr's and stuff right. So it was running pretty good and everytime we would go to upload a new tune, most of the time the car would take the tune just fine but sometimes it would fail in the middle of the tune and tell me I had to revert back to the stock tune. So we sat and reloaded the stock tune just so we could try loading the custom tune again. This happened several times and it's very frustrating when your trying to tune and it takes a long time to upload these tunes so when it fails and you have to start all over and go back to stock it is a big waste of time. Still, we could get it to work after a try or two.

Then yesterday we made a new custom tune on sct prp where we made some timing changes and I went to upload the new tune into the car but when I did it failed and once again said revert back to stock tune. So, I began to load the stock tune again and now loading the stock tune, it fails at 4%. I thought to myself, "oh no, not this crap again." Needless to say I sat there for over an hour just trying to reload the stock tune over and over again but it always fails at 4%. Actually, once it made it to 15% and failed and another time it made it to 20% and failed. So now my car is in limbo again, dead, won't even start because the pcm is blank and the tuner wont even load the stock tune. Not that the stock tune will even work for me at this point because the car is turbo but before I can put my custom turbo tune back on I have to go back to stock. I spent over an hour on the phone with an SCT tech this morning and they updated my software/firmware and put another stock tune on my device and we tried several times again while I was on the phone to flash it back to stock. No luck. All they said was pull abs fuses, keep it on a battery charger and keep trying. Well, i've tried about 100 times and this is garbage because my car needs to be running. I was planning on going to the track on friday. We need to shed light on this problem and figure out why focus's are so difficult to flash or if its a problem with sct. I have spent over $700 with SCT and at this point I am very aggravated. We need to figure this out. Electrical or grounding issue maybe? because when I sent it back to SCT, they must have hooked up my pcm to a power source and flashed it back to stock with no problems. It's as if my pcm is losing the signal from my OBDII port somewhere along the line.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #25
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
UPDATE
Time to bring this thread back once again...so it's been 3 months and I now have the car turbocharged and everything. (hooray lol it was a lot of hard work) I never could get the preloaded tune that came with my xcal3 to work but that doesn't matter. I bought the pro racer package and after getting all the turbo stuff installed and tons of money and frustration later a buddy and I tuned the car with sct's prp software and loaded a custom tune on it to make it run. We started making changes and loading another new custom tune, and another new custom tune, etc. until we got the afr's and stuff right. So it was running pretty good and everytime we would go to upload a new tune, most of the time the car would take the tune just fine but sometimes it would fail in the middle of the tune and tell me I had to revert back to the stock tune. So we sat and reloaded the stock tune just so we could try loading the custom tune again. This happened several times and it's very frustrating when your trying to tune and it takes a long time to upload these tunes so when it fails and you have to start all over and go back to stock it is a big waste of time. Still, we could get it to work after a try or two.

Then yesterday we made a new custom tune on sct prp where we made some timing changes and I went to upload the new tune into the car but when I did it failed and once again said revert back to stock tune. So, I began to load the stock tune again and now loading the stock tune, it fails at 4%. I thought to myself, "oh no, not this crap again." Needless to say I sat there for over an hour just trying to reload the stock tune over and over again but it always fails at 4%. Actually, once it made it to 15% and failed and another time it made it to 20% and failed. So now my car is in limbo again, dead, won't even start because the pcm is blank and the tuner wont even load the stock tune. Not that the stock tune will even work for me at this point because the car is turbo but before I can put my custom turbo tune back on I have to go back to stock. I spent over an hour on the phone with an SCT tech this morning and they updated my software/firmware and put another stock tune on my device and we tried several times again while I was on the phone to flash it back to stock. No luck. All they said was pull abs fuses, keep it on a battery charger and keep trying. Well, i've tried about 100 times and this is garbage because my car needs to be running. I was planning on going to the track on friday. We need to shed light on this problem and figure out why focus's are so difficult to flash or if its a problem with sct. I have spent over $700 with SCT and at this point I am very aggravated. We need to figure this out. Electrical or grounding issue maybe? because when I sent it back to SCT, they must have hooked up my pcm to a power source and flashed it back to stock with no problems. It's as if my pcm is losing the signal from my OBDII port somewhere along the line.
One of our techs will be contacting you today.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #26
FocusedSlayer
has a screw loose

Fan#: 59042
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver Sedan SE w/Sap

FF Reputation: 34 FocusedSlayer Great Standing Member
Quote:
LOL yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of doing hahaha that way if it fails to download properly again ill already be right there and i'll just say "ok...push it in to one of the bays..." how much did they charge you for that?

Sorry , I completely forgot that I posted over here . But to answer your question on how much it cost me .

The dealer flashed my ecu back to stock for free .
Team Duratec #01,Sedan Revolution#4, Elder FocusedSlayer, Gump Crew 21

February 2012 Sedan of The Month
Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #27
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusedSlayer View Post
Sorry , I completely forgot that I posted over here . But to answer your question on how much it cost me .

The dealer flashed my ecu back to stock for free .
Well that's pretty cool, hopefully I will never have to do that though.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #28
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

So I just wanted to say a big thank you to 1turbofocus, Blivit and the guys at SCT. I got a call from one of your techs (I wish I could remember his name, started with "J" I believe) and they upgraded me to a livewire unit in exchange for my xcal3 unit which was having a hard time flashing my pcm. I received the livewire unit on monday or tuesday and right away went to flash it to return it to stock and it worked on its first try with no problems! I then flashed 2 more custom tunes to it with no problems. The car is running again, though it needs more tuning as its still a little rough around the edges. Thank you so much, you guys really went above and beyond to take care of me and help me out with this.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:38 AM   #29
LilDee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78008
What I Drive: 2002 Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 LilDee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
So I just wanted to say a big thank you to 1turbofocus, Blivit and the guys at SCT. I got a call from one of your techs (I wish I could remember his name, started with "J" I believe) and they upgraded me to a livewire unit in exchange for my xcal3 unit which was having a hard time flashing my pcm. I received the livewire unit on monday or tuesday and right away went to flash it to return it to stock and it worked on its first try with no problems! I then flashed 2 more custom tunes to it with no problems. The car is running again, though it needs more tuning as its still a little rough around the edges. Thank you so much, you guys really went above and beyond to take care of me and help me out with this.
Pretty lucky man, i had the same exact problem. When I called SCT, they just said to keep trying and that the car is hard to program due to the PCM. My car is back to stock and I haven't touched it yet. I'm trying to build up some money to get tom's tune after some maintenance work.
SoCal Crew #221
Fiesta SE Oxford White
Old 07-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #30
st12131
Focal Distortion

Fan#: 74797
What I Drive: 2007, Huyndai, Santa Fe, GLS

FF Reputation: 8 st12131 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I had the same problem with the x3 for my 2010, took a few weeks to figure out. I even talked with SCT about it, I ended up doing a forced firmware update for the X3 and everything works great. Maybe try to update the X3 itself if your having problems, it just might work.
Posted via FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks