sct x3 down load failure, now my engine wont start! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #11
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70907
What I Drive: 2002 pitch black focus SVT turbo

FF Reputation: 1 anarchyamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
That is an option. If you take your pcm out and send it to us along with your tuner we can connect it to our test bench and flash it.
I will try a few more times after the battery has been disconnected for atleast 20 mins and with fuse 20 pulled because mexsvt had luck with it that way, and if that doesnt work, I will send it to you guys. Is the pcm the black box with a bunch of connectors going into it or the metal/silver box?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
Justin svt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58325
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Justin svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
metal silver under the pasengers side dash
2002 silver ZX3 SVT #2318: Tom's Tune, 8.2mm Taylor Thundervolt wires, Custom ORP, Full Prothane bushing swap

"I buy things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know"
Old 03-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I am not sure what fuse 20 is but on the SVT we use to have to pull 46 and 61 to load the tunes , its worth a try ?

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I am not sure what fuse 20 is but on the SVT we use to have to pull 46 and 61 to load the tunes , its worth a try ?

Tom
thanks Tom, unfortunately I tried this, I tried fuse 20, 36, 46, and 61 with all different combinations of some out and some in, all out, none out, etc. and it keeps failing at 4% everytime.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

new idea, what if I get another pcm out of another svt focus? There are some on ebay from svt focus's, what all would I need to do to make it work in my car? I can't just take mine out and plug the new one in right? I wanna do this because I can get a newer/updated pcm that may accept the tune better.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #16
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing Member Blivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchyamp View Post
new idea, what if I get another pcm out of another svt focus? There are some on ebay from svt focus's, what all would I need to do to make it work in my car? I can't just take mine out and plug the new one in right? I wanna do this because I can get a newer/updated pcm that may accept the tune better.
You would have to take the car with the new pcm installed to ford to have them sync your keys (need 2 keys) and pats. They would charge you for this of course.

There is also no guarantee that a different processor will be any better.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #17
MexSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73596
What I Drive: 2002 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MexSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
when I had this issue with my car, and was searching in the internet for a solution, I read somewhere that one guy towed his car to a Ford dealer, they did some kind of format to the pcm and reflash it again with the stock program.

also your stock program is in your SCT flasher, save it to a CD or a USBflash, may be helpful at the dealer shop.

unfortunately if you go this way, I personaly wouldn't dare to try to load custom tune again using the flasher, and the device will need to be sent to SCT to unlock it if you want to sell it further.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #18
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

*UPDATE*

I sent in my ecu/pcm along with my sct xcal3 to SCT so they could work on it. They were able to recover the stock tune and they put the stock tune back on my ecu/pcm. I plugged it back into the car and it started right up. This is great and all but the car is so damn slow, (not slower than before, just always been slow) and I want to put a new tune on it but I am terrified to try again. But there is no choice, I have to try again because I am boosting soon so it MUST have a new tune, I am aware the pre-loaded tune from SCT will not be enough for this and I think I am going to purchase the pro racer package and tune it myself. Ridiculous that the xcal3 can only change a few useless things and if you wanna mess with more you have to buy the pro racer package for another $350...real nice.

I also bought a used ecu/pcm from someone on ebay out of a 2003 focus svt, it's an RLA6, mine is an RLA1 so yeah, if it fails again im gonna have a meltdown and smash something then send it back to SCT again or take it to ford and pay (hundreds of dollars im sure) to have them reprogram this p.o.s. car...but I will have boost, I'm in too deep to not do it now, I have all the parts/spent all the money so it's happening.

Last edited by anarchyamp; 04-26-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #19
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing Member Blivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
*UPDATE*

I sent in my ecu/pcm along with my sct xcal3 to SCT so they could work on it. They were able to recover the stock tune and they put the stock tune back on my ecu/pcm. I plugged it back into the car and it started right up. This is great and all but the car is so damn slow, (not slower than before, just always been slow) and I want to put a new tune on it but I am terrified to try again. But there is no choice, I have to try again because I am boosting soon so it MUST have a new tune, I am aware the pre-loaded tune from SCT will not be enough for this and I think I am going to purchase the pro racer package and tune it myself. Ridiculous that the xcal3 can only change a few useless things and if you wanna mess with more you have to buy the pro racer package for another $300...real nice.

I also bought a used ecu/pcm from someone on ebay out of a 2003 focus svt, it's an RLA6, mine is an RLA1 so yeah, if it fails again im gonna have a meltdown and smash something then send it back to SCT again or take it to ford and pay (hundreds of dollars im sure) to have them reprogram this p.o.s. car...but I will have boost, I'm in too deep to not do it now, I have all the parts/spent all the money so it's happening.
When you sent in your processor we could have recovered it here...and flashed it with your tune file before sending it back to you. This was never notated on your RMA (I didn't even know you were sending your processor in.)

And no, you do not HAVE to buy the pro racer package. The preloaded tune files on the device are designed for stock to mildly modified vehicles. It would be impossible to preload a device for any and every combination of parts. Not only that, but to properly tune a FI vehicle, you really need to put it on a dyno with a custom tune. The device you have accepts custom tuning which you CAN do yourself by purchasing the prp but you do not HAVE to. You can go to an SCT dealer and buy a tune from them and have them do the tuning there leaving the file on your device or buy a tune mail order and go that route.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #20
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
When you sent in your processor we could have recovered it here...and flashed it with your tune file before sending it back to you. This was never notated on your RMA (I didn't even know you were sending your processor in.)

And no, you do not HAVE to buy the pro racer package. The preloaded tune files on the device are designed for stock to mildly modified vehicles. It would be impossible to preload a device for any and every combination of parts. Not only that, but to properly tune a FI vehicle, you really need to put it on a dyno with a custom tune. The device you have accepts custom tuning which you CAN do yourself by purchasing the prp but you do not HAVE to. You can go to an SCT dealer and buy a tune from them and have them do the tuning there leaving the file on your device or buy a tune mail order and go that route.
Well, It's my fault then, I should have asked if you guys could do that for me lol... I was wondering why you guys just put the stock tune back on and not your preloaded tune because your tune has to be better than the stock tune right? Even if it is a general blanket tune, it will do for now until I get the last 2 things I need: the pro racer package and get my headers cut up and fabbed into turbo headers.
I know I don't HAVE to buy the prp, but the preloaded tune will not support FI and since I like doing everything myself, I don't really wanna pay for a custom dyno tuning session (and I doubt theres anyone around me that can even do it and how much would that even be?) Maybe theres an SCT dealer around me, but i'm not going to pay $550 for a "mail order/through the internet" FI tune. I would rather buy the prp for $350. No offense but the tune should not cost more than the tuning device and I don't want to have to rely on anybody to make changes or send me things, so the prp is kinda the only option, which is fine, I just wish the SF3/xcal3 could do more right outta the box. If i'm feeling brave I will try flashing the car with the preloaded tune again tomorrow, but im really worried it will leave the car dead again as I had quite the time getting to school and work LOL!
Also, I get paid friday so where should I buy the prp from? Through you or SCT?
From here? http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...=145&parent=70
Or here? http://www.fswerks.com/sct_proracer.htm

Last edited by anarchyamp; 03-22-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->