meh :/ - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
spacegravity4me
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 30431
What I Drive: Gray 2005 ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 42 spacegravity4me Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
meh :/

I went to a local "car enthusiast" get together last night. It was a lot of fun and there were some nice cars there. I was the only Ford in the house. A guy there with a scion tc, a car I have never liked, asked if I wanted to "race". I don't normally do that sort of thing but I agreed but said I wasn't doing anything crazy and wasn't going past the speed limit... I'm broke, can't afford tickets n such. So we are out in the middle of no where on a highway and we decide we are going to do a "dig" and then do a rolling start from 20.

We get set up and when the time comes to go I promptly stall... it sucked! Start the car, catch back up to him and we do the rolling thing. I'm in second gear and i gun it, he instantly leaves me...

He says he has headers and an exhaust. Said the stock tc has a 2.5 liter engine... The whole thing just kinda upset me cause I felt like the SLOWEST car at the entire meet. Even scion piece of crap could beat me...

I must supe up the FoFo.

That is all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
What you got for engine mods right now? Want some suggestions on what to do for mods?
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 01-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
it sounds like you need a lot of practice. find someplace where you can work on launching and shifting.

also unless the TC was the brand new one they have a 160hp 2.4L stock. I dont know how well they respond to mods though... they are a little heavier than your ST.

keep working on it and at least get an intake if you dont have one already
Old 01-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
spacegravity4me
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 30431
What I Drive: Gray 2005 ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 42 spacegravity4me Great Standing Member
totally stock right ow guys. He was an auto too. I have the pieces to do a stealth intake at the moment but I don't know, it was kinda tacky the way it was setup and I think i'd be happier with a purpose built short ram. I'm not even sure if the stealth intake setup i had on my last focus really made any hp. It was just a cheap vortec intake.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Yea it is all about launch too, I smoked a kia 2 door today, up to only the speed limit of course. But we had just gotten the tint job done to the zx3 2.3l and we pull up to the light and this guy in a kia looks over with a big smile on his face and rev's twice I rev back and then watch the light, I held my RPM's at about 2-2500 And then the light turned and I had a good car length jump on him, hit second and was gone hit third and was coming up on the limit and I look back and he's atleast three- four car lengths back.

Then the guy gave us a thumbs up passing once we hit the highway, and he went off like a bat down the highway, he passed us who were doing 65MPH very quick so he must have been doing atleast 90-100.

I love screwing around within the limit, but when you go doing 100 down the highway after losing a dig, you just look stupid.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
He was probably SMART to rollin' start you because you have a manual AND he (supposedly) has the heavier car.

Get your driving skills sharpened some. Next time you face the likes of him, make it from a dead stop and dump the clutch but not with so many RPMs that you have lots of excess wheelspin.

OR just don't race.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
Jgrove998
i <3 my ST

Fan#: 45311
What I Drive: '12 Fusion SE V6

FF Reputation: 24 Jgrove998 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
My best friend has a 2008 scion TC, auto, with short ram intake and 2.5 magnaflow exhaust (2.4L, 160HP stock) At the time my ST had an CAI intake and similar 2.5 magnaflow exhaust....this is before boost. We raced from a 20 mph dig (just messin around) and as soon as I hit 2nd gear I left him by half a car and even more when I hit 3rd.

Now if your friend has the NEW 2011 tc then you don't stand a chance. The same friend is a Scion salesman and the 2011 tc with auto trans was faster than my ST. I was very impressed.

Quote:
The 2011 Scion tC is powered by a 2.5-liter inline-4 engine good for 180 hp and 173 pound-feet of torque.
'07 ST ; formally bewst'd - R.I.P
D23 Crew: #07
Old 01-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
russmistro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76170
What I Drive: 2007 focus st w/SAP

FF Reputation: 1 russmistro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^^i wouldnt say he doesnt stand a chance. the scion weighs in @ just over 3k lbs..and w/an AUTO i dont think the TC shouldnt be flying away like the OP described.
Team duratec #60
Sedan revolution #107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
oh but my was she hungry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
white. or i will smack you in the cock.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #9
Jgrove998
i <3 my ST

Fan#: 45311
What I Drive: '12 Fusion SE V6

FF Reputation: 24 Jgrove998 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russmistro View Post
^^i wouldnt say he doesnt stand a chance. the scion weighs in @ just over 3k lbs..and w/an AUTO i dont think the TC shouldnt be flying away like the OP described.
The shifts were so fast from that auto; it really blew my mind. It was like it had the "flappy paddle" gear box going on.

The night he got the 2011 in; we took it out. Had 5 people in it. A 2008 tc (that he knew) saw us; auto trans, he had intake and exhaust and just 1 passenger.

They ran 'em from a similar roll and we literally dusted him; badly, with 5 people in the car....bone stock. I'm not a scion fan (as my friend knows) but that 2011 is no turd, the auto OR the 6 speed (I've driven both) ;)
'07 ST ; formally bewst'd - R.I.P
D23 Crew: #07
Old 01-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #10
Kevin D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81735
What I Drive: 2004 ZX3 PZEV

FF Reputation: 2 Kevin D Good Standing Member
Loosers go home a talk about how they did thier best, winners go home and f@#k the prom queen.

Bookmarks & Social Networks