Introducing the All-New Ford Focus Electric - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus Electric

MK3 Focus Electric The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 all-electric Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #61
mahmoudim
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87383
What I Drive: 2007, Silver, MB GL 450

FF Reputation: 1 mahmoudim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think some you are missing the point(s).
Range: This car is going to be the best thing for those of you commutinglong distsnce to work everyday. If you are traveling ~75 miles a day, that about $12 in gas, $60 a week and ~$250.00 a month. With an electric car, you can do it for about $25.00 in electricity. I guess ~$2700.00 a year is not much money for some of you folks. I understand some of us will only have one car, so a plug in hybrid would be the solution. But, if you are going to have 2 cars, like most of us do, it makes perfect sence to have one of them as an electric car.

Speed/Power: Electric cars have great torque right at start, but the car makers are limiting the electric draw to extend the range. This is not a sporst car. The same goes for speed, it can certainly do more than 84 mph. In fact, Focus has a speed setting that the principal owner can set. I wouldn't be surprised if the max speed is higehr than 84.

The Target Consumer: I hope Ford and Chevy for that matter will have patience. This is a long term marketing campain and it will take years 10-15 years before people fully warm up to the idea. The prices will stabalize and more car companies will join the race. If Ford stays with this concept, they will have a leg up. There are lessons to be learned form how the Japanese have approached the consumer markets and of course now the Koreans are doing the same. Which one of you remembers the firt hyundai accent, which went on sale in the late 80s? Now look at them, thay are making best selling cars in the US, over Honda, Toyota and certainly over the domestic car makers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #62
kenvb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 68916
What I Drive: 2001 Gold LX

FF Reputation: 1 kenvb Good Standing Member
electric focus

so ,what you save on gas,you pay for power at home,?? doesnt make sense.
we have had 3 Focus cars in 10 yrs,paid less than $500 for each,each lasted about 300,000 before trannys went ,weak spots are there timing belts,threw car away and got another.not worth fixing Crap,disposable cars.I still have a Focus,03 4 dr 2 litre 5 spd,full load,had 90,000 kms,paid $350 for it..have 230,000 on it now
Wife has a used 07 Toyota Camry Hybrid now, full warrenty till 2015,,if it lasts that long, 50 to 60 mpg so far..only runs on electric in town or in our yard.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #63
redav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86142
What I Drive: 2002, Yellow Mazda

FF Reputation: 1 redav Good Standing Member
Details are limited, so much of this is speculation, but...

I expect the eFocus to be available with only a single trim + feature package. It doesn't make sense to have lots of options for a car with as little volume as the electric.

I have heard that this 'electric package' will have nav. It make sense that they'd stock it with as much high-margin electric gizmos as possible to (1) make it seem as advanced as possible, and (2) justify the higher price & not lose money on each one sold.

However, it's disappointing given high price of nav, the issues MFT seems to have with nav, and perhaps most significant, why does the eFocus even need it?

The eFocus has a range of 100 mi, which (like the leaf) may end up being more like 80 mi, and since you need juice to get home, you're going to stay within about 35 mi of home. It's for commuting, going to the store, and all the driving you do that's close to home. I don't see much of a reason to have nav for that. Nav is good for driving to places you are not familiar with, like places beyond the range of the eFocus.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #64
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Those of you who argue the point of moving emissions from the tail pipe to the smoke stack need to do more reading. The mpg conversion to this car is insane - let's say over 200mpg. Also, most of us have the capability to offset the carbon footprint by buying your power via wind, solar, etc. You can check with your utilities company and they will give you the scoop.

If you give a damn enough to buy an electric car, you'll more than likely give a damn enough to invest in alternative power. That only helps everyone - supply/demand. Of course, only a few from the masses will take that first step. No one wants to leave their comfort zone out of fear that no one else is going to do it as well. "Just sayin'"

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues
Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #65
runninnavaho
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88613
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic Grey SE

FF Reputation: 1 runninnavaho Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertST View Post
Reminds me too much of the Dodge...

man you had to put up a picture of a nasty caliber lolol, but the body style does resemble alot, the focus is more sleek caliber a little boxy.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:06 AM   #66
aimmotorsports
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88168
What I Drive: 2002 zx5

FF Reputation: 1 aimmotorsports Good Standing Member
we have 5 of them in the shop right now. right by 2 new escapes that will be unvailed at the detroit auto show. that front facia is actualy the euro spec front. the upper grill is solid.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #67
VWdriver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89428
What I Drive: Everything VW

FF Reputation: 1 VWdriver Good Standing Member
Coming from the perspective of someone not at all associated with the Focus scene, the new ones are damn fine and well built machines compared to the old. Has Aston Martin sued Ford for the front grill yet?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:07 AM   #68
nessan22
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89995
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 nessan22 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertST View Post
Reminds me too much of the Dodge...

that looks so similar man.. anyways Focus gives excellent onroad performance..and is driving is also healthy for pocket..kudos..
Ford Images
Old 10-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #69
Double///A\\\Ron
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 74317
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX5 5-Speed Manual

FF Reputation: 1 Double///A\\\Ron Good Standing Member
I do like it, though i put almost 200,000 km/yr on my 06 zx5 SES. The range on this thing is super impractical for me, I like the hybrid options though, i'm a pretty conservative driver, though once i hit Toronto i like to have a little oomph when i need it to position myself in holes in traffic that I can actually squeeze into. Busiest highway in north america and i spend more time on it than i do in bed.

I'll take the 1-speed manual please...what? I like shifting gears
Old 10-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #70
VWdriver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89428
What I Drive: Everything VW

FF Reputation: 1 VWdriver Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double///A\\\Ron View Post
I do like it, though i put almost 200,000 km/yr on my 06 zx5 SES. The range on this thing is super impractical for me, I like the hybrid options though, i'm a pretty conservative driver, though once i hit Toronto i like to have a little oomph when i need it to position myself in holes in traffic that I can actually squeeze into. Busiest highway in north america and i spend more time on it than i do in bed.

I'll take the 1-speed manual please...what? I like shifting gears
What?!? That's 120k miles in one year. Or 10k miles per month.

If you got in your car on January 1st and drove exactly 13.89mph (22.40kmh) every second of every day until the next New Year, you would have gone 120k miles.

How do you have time to post on a forum?

Bookmarks & Social Networks